TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Private Buyers - What did you pay

Guest dougxbr

Where in Mass? I too tried getting info for a year+, but no one had a clue. When the ordering banks opened I called everywhere and was getting the same reply, long lists, private after hour auctions, high premiums, and got very depressed. Although we paid a lot I'm happy and would do it again today to order it. I too was ordering my dream last June.

Have ordered Mr Shelby's autograph dash plate, have Mr. S's autograph under hood, and will be getting his autograph this summer on the window sticker.

I assume you're the same brianspony that posts in stangsunleashed - I've always enjoyed your posts. I tend to be more of a lurker with occasional posts. I live in Groton - 40 mi northwest of Boston. I have not seen another GT500 nor Shelby GT for that matter in my travels ... yet. I assume as the weather gets better (crappy weekend aside) I'll see more cars.

I plan to attend the Father's Day show in Nashua. There's also a very popular cruise night every Thursday at Kimball's Ice Cream in Westford. Not sure when it starts though. The NE SVTOA club has their AutoX down the street from me at Devens once a month - unfortunately I've had other committments on those days thus far, but will hopefully attend the June event. I would love to test this car against the club's typical heavily-modified 01-04 Cobras.

I have this impression you are down in the Sturbridge/Uxbridge/Douglas area? Maybe we'll meet up sometime.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you're the same brianspony that posts in stangsunleashed - I've always enjoyed your posts. I tend to be more of a lurker with occasional posts. I live in Groton - 40 mi northwest of Boston. I have not seen another GT500 nor Shelby GT for that matter in my travels ... yet. I assume as the weather gets better (crappy weekend aside) I'll see more cars.

I plan to attend the Father's Day show in Nashua. There's also a very popular cruise night every Thursday at Kimball's Ice Cream in Westford. Not sure when it starts though. The NE SVTOA club has their AutoX down the street from me at Devens once a month - unfortunately I've had other committments on those days thus far, but will hopefully attend the June event. I would love to test this car against the club's typical heavily-modified 01-04 Cobras.

I have this impression you are down in the Sturbridge/Uxbridge/Douglas area? Maybe we'll meet up sometime.

You are right I live in Douglas, but where I work in Braintree and frequently take my Shelby and 66 coupe to work, you might be apt to see me allmost anywhere in MA.

I'm not sure if i'm going to the NH show or CT show on father's day.

Although I know a few people in my area that own GT500's I have yet to see another in my area as well. I did see a few at the CT car show a few weeks ago and I enjoyed talking with the owners of them. I hope to talk to more owners and find out if they intend on doing anything with the wheel hop on theirs. Too many options and not sure which one to go with. Hope to meet you at a show this summer.

I recently traded my SGT (loved it but wanted more HP and a vert) with 1400 miles for an new alloy vert with no stripes to a local dealer. Got $34 for the SGT (sticker of 38.7) against $5k ADM on the vert. Love both the cars but I am happier with the GT500.

I recently traded my SGT (loved it but wanted more HP and a vert) with 1400 miles for an new alloy vert with no stripes to a local dealer. Got $34 for the SGT (sticker of 38.7) against $5k ADM on the vert. Love both the cars but I am happier with the GT500.

where did you trade? maybe some can get a good deal on the car. i saw a used one on ebay. i think it had about 1400 miles.

thanks for the info

michael

This is my first post on this board. I am a lifelong Ford man. I am 35 years old and my first vehicle was a 66 F-100 that my grandfather bought me. My current driver is a 7.3 Excursion limited and the wife drives a Mazda CX-7 (bought it before the Edge came out). I am an Engineer and I live in the Dallas area. I am blessed with a good career and an even better paycheck, but I REFUSE to pay over MSRP for any vehicle. In fact, MSRP means suggested: Meaning there should be wiggle room on the price, not room to rape the consumer.

I was really looking forward to purchasing a GT500 until I discovered the INSANE ADM, and the dealer's flippant "you gotta pay to play" attitude. I am so upset with the way I have been treated by several different dealers, that I may never buy another Ford again. ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS FORD??? Probably not. My brother drives an F-150, and my father drives a Lincoln. We are a Ford family, but I am seriously considering a Charger SRT8 or maybe even a 2008 Pontiac G8 when they come out. At least I won't get raped at the dealership when I try to buy a Dodge or Pontiac. When will this madness stop?

On the flipside, I have considered the Shelby GT, but I am not much for second choices when it comes to Mustangs. I wanted a GT500, not a GTS (no offense, they are nice cars). I have never owned a Mustang because they have never excited me, until now. Looks like I will never own one at this rate. Sounds like my frustration is shared by many.

This is my first post on this board. I am a lifelong Ford man. I am 35 years old and my first vehicle was a 66 F-100 that my grandfather bought me. My current driver is a 7.3 Excursion limited and the wife drives a Mazda CX-7 (bought it before the Edge came out). I am an Engineer and I live in the Dallas area. I am blessed with a good career and an even better paycheck, but I REFUSE to pay over MSRP for any vehicle. In fact, MSRP means suggested: Meaning there should be wiggle room on the price, not room to rape the consumer.

I was really looking forward to purchasing a GT500 until I discovered the INSANE ADM, and the dealer's flippant "you gotta pay to play" attitude. I am so upset with the way I have been treated by several different dealers, that I may never buy another Ford again. ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS FORD??? Probably not. My brother drives an F-150, and my father drives a Lincoln. We are a Ford family, but I am seriously considering a Charger SRT8 or maybe even a 2008 Pontiac G8 when they come out. At least I won't get raped at the dealership when I try to buy a Dodge or Pontiac. When will this madness stop?

On the flipside, I have considered the Shelby GT, but I am not much for second choices when it comes to Mustangs. I wanted a GT500, not a GTS (no offense, they are nice cars). I have never owned a Mustang because they have never excited me, until now. Looks like I will never own one at this rate. Sounds like my frustration is shared by many.

this is your second post, you posted the same thing on the other thread. :) most of the guys who have bought their the GT500 love them. suggested can go either way cant it. its ok to come off the msrp, but dont you dare go up on it? just doesnt make sense. i hope you keep buying Fords, they are a great product. if you look the ADM has been debated many times. i respect your opionion but i just do agree with it.

michael

:( You are right: life is not fair. Maybe Dodge and Pontiac will not markup their cars? And maybe I'm an Iraqi jet pilot?:lol:

Don't give up and surrender dude. There is always a way to get what you want.

I just looked it up at the Kalifornia DMV's web site, it's actually 7500 miles.

Here in Kalifornia us "residents" :o cannot buy a new car out-of-state if it's not Kalif. smog certified.

This is from the Kalif. DMV web site, "50-State or California certified vehicles are made to be sold to California residents." "California law considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer when acquired by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state. If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law. DMV cannot accept an application to register the vehicle, and you cannot register or operate the vehicle in California."

AHHHHH, the price we pay, and the freedoms we give up to live in paradise...

For a list of my mods and pictures, check out my profile page at My Mustang Site http://www.mymustangsite.com/WP/

Cheers,

WP

Hi ,

I got my GT 500 July 14th 2006 paid $8.000 over ! I think I got a great deal and it will be going to SAI soon, car # 81 for the 40th Package & Power upgrade.

This is turning out to be a great post, it appears to me the AMD's are starting to move downward slightly. Maybe as the market takes care of demand we can get closer to MSRP.

Just my thoughts, keep telling us what your paying, it helps in the negotiations on the 2008 GT 500s, knowledge is power....

hi! new to the forum, posted an introduction a couple of days ago.

the MSRP for my 500 says "$43,765". I paid about $56K. I set a 'limit' of $55K but went over it. oh well.

the dealer 'threw in' the window tint for free, and also a spare tire. I think it's dumb they don't come with a spare. He also discounted some of the warranty stuff. So, all in all I think it wasn't the worst deal. Paying over sticker is terrible, as is paying $10K + over, but don't pay it if you don't want it, or are willing to wait several more months. I think the '08's will be closer to sticker, with maybe $5K over being the norm.

But what do i know. ;)

I love having the car now, and don't regret the purchase one bit.

If i were to turn it over quickly, then I think paying over by nearly $13K would be ridiculous! I'm gonna keep it for awhile so I'm ok with it.

kristen

GG got me watching the GT500s on ebay. there is NO doubt the cars are dropping, if you dont mind a little travel you can buy a car for 5-8k over. this is way down from the 15-20k they were bringing 3 months ago.

i dont know if the 08s are going to go down much lower than that. 1000 less cars are being built in 08

i do enjoy this thread.

michael morris

Hi All,

Brand new to this site...but I've read alot and it seems like a great site.

I'm a female in Minnesota, and just signed all the paperwork today to purchase my 07 GT 500 coupe.

I am so excited !!! I found a dealership that had one on order but didn't have it delivered yet ( that was a couple of weeks ago ).

I was searching for about a week, to find the color, and options I wanted.

The dealership called me today(Saturday morning on memorial weekend), and said it was there. I went to see it in person and that was all it took...wow !!! :D

I'm trading in my 05 GT Vert. for it, getting $24,000 for that, and am paying $55,900 for the 07 GT 500, the MSRP was $45,060

I kept in contact with another dealer at the same time ( this was the dealer that sold me the 05 GT Vert.), who was seriously trying to find me what I wanted, for the price I wanted.

He couldn't get his hands on one after trying alot of dealerships, and the couple he found that would sell to him, wanted more than I paid today. I also hated paying this amount :( (above MSRP), as I am not rich, but for me it's a dream come true ;)

Now I have to wait until Tuesday, after the Long.. LONG ......LONG Holiday weekend to be able to go pick up my GT 500.

They have to have the service dept. go through it :blink: ......(they had off this LONG LONG LONG weekend) ;)

Hi All,

Brand new to this site...but I've read alot and it seems like a great site.

I'm a female in Minnesota, and just signed all the paperwork today to purchase my 07 GT 500 coupe.

I am so excited !!! I found a dealership that had one on order but didn't have it delivered yet ( that was a couple of weeks ago ).

I was searching for about a week, to find the color, and options I wanted.

The dealership called me today(Saturday morning on memorial weekend), and said it was there. I went to see it in person and that was all it took...wow !!! :D

I'm trading in my 05 GT Vert. for it, getting $24,000 for that, and am paying $55,900 for the 07 GT 500, the MSRP was $45,060

I kept in contact with another dealer at the same time ( this was the dealer that sold me the 05 GT Vert.), who was seriously trying to find me what I wanted, for the price I wanted.

He couldn't get his hands on one after trying alot of dealerships, and the couple he found that would sell to him, wanted more than I paid today. I also hated paying this amount :( (above MSRP), as I am not rich, but for me it's a dream come true ;)

Now I have to wait until Tuesday, after the Long.. LONG ......LONG Holiday weekend to be able to go pick up my GT 500.

They have to have the service dept. go through it :blink: ......(they had off this LONG LONG LONG weekend) ;)

Welcome to the forum stang lover. You will enjoy your car next Tuesday when you receive it. You got a very good deal at $55,900 for everything you wanted. I ordered my coupe last June and paid $65K and would do it again today without blinking an eye. Enjoy your car Tuesday.

everyone get hung up on paying OVER msrp, but if you want the car buy it. dont worry how much OVER. it really doesnt matter. if you want it buy it. or wait until the price drops (if it does) then get one. you cant take the money with you when you go.

michael

Spoke like a true car salesman! Sorry Michael you could have left that line out of your post even though you are a stand up guy. Always down play your sale because if you don't, no matter what, people will put you into a category inwhich your not. Let others say "buy the car for what they want to spend" not the seller though. I agree "some" of the GT500's are coming down, a Washington dealer had one in Auto Trader for 5 weeks @ MSRP, black with white stripes, yes a GT 500 coupe. So you can get them @ MSRP at small dealers with little public exposure or knowledge of EBAY or advertising presence but you have to have is shipped and most people will not do that even it it saves them 10K! Your a good guy Michael, keep it up.

Guest Rachane

In the San Francisco Bay Area ca. Memorial Day the effective dealership price still seems to be MSRP+$20K. With luck and friends you might do better than this, but that's a personal/situational question.

While obviously I would like the most car for the least money :rolleyes: , I would also offer the opinion here that the MSRP is not something sacred. It's just what Ford recommends to its dealer network. The dealers themselves decide what it's worth to them as a sale item, and then it's up to you whether the car is worth that amount to you.

Say that you can find a GT500 for out-the-door $70K. The only question is then whether this particular car, in this particular color, with these options, in this location, is worth $70K to you. If it is, buy it. If not, don't. That's all. [The same goes for computers, clothes, real estate, restaurants, etc.]

You can wait: Prices might/might not get better soon/later. The selection of '07s will get smaller and the exact one you want probably more distant (meaning add-on travel/shipping $s) if you can still find it. In a couple of months the '08s will start to show up, but their MSRPs and dealer markups will both be higher. Meanwhile you are not driving a GT500, which may/may not be important to you personally.

So we can all philosophize 'til the cows come home about the "worth" of new pricing; it still just comes back to your own personal valuation.

The same thing holds true once the car's bought. Then the same people who worried about the acquisition price start fretting about depreciation and how much they can sell the car for if they don't drive it more than 100 miles/year, etc. It's easy to spend so much time stressed out on these imponderables that you can't just relax and enjoy the car. Five or ten years from now it will be worth, again, what you're willing to sell it for and what someone else is willing to buy it for. Don't worry about it until then.

My 2, er, 3 cents ... B)

Spoke like a true car salesman! Sorry Michael you could have left that line out of your post even though you are a stand up guy. Always down play your sale because if you don't, no matter what, people will put you into a category inwhich your not. Let others say "buy the car for what they want to spend" not the seller though. I agree "some" of the GT500's are coming down, a Washington dealer had one in Auto Trader for 5 weeks @ MSRP, black with white stripes, yes a GT 500 coupe. So you can get them @ MSRP at small dealers with little public exposure or knowledge of EBAY or advertising presence but you have to have is shipped and most people will not do that even it it saves them 10K! Your a good guy Michael, keep it up.

Did you call that dealer and verify they were willing to sell it for MSRP?

There are a lot of GT500's that show up on autotrader and list the MSRP price, but that is not the sales price. Dealers that are on autotrader is set up where autotrader automatically pulls the inventory from the dealers system and uploads it to their site. The system is set up to pull the MSRP price on all new vehicles in stock.

It works the same as Ford's system does when you go to Ford.com and search a dealers inventory. It will show what the MSRP price is. But it does not state that that is the selling price the dealer is selling it for.

It is only showing what the MSRP is for that car.

In the San Francisco Bay Area ca. Memorial Day the effective dealership price still seems to be MSRP+$20K. With luck and friends you might do better than this, but that's a personal/situational question.

While obviously I would like the most car for the least money :rolleyes: , I would also offer the opinion here that the MSRP is not something sacred. It's just what Ford recommends to its dealer network. The dealers themselves decide what it's worth to them as a sale item, and then it's up to you whether the car is worth that amount to you.

Say that you can find a GT500 for out-the-door $70K. The only question is then whether this particular car, in this particular color, with these options, in this location, is worth $70K to you. If it is, buy it. If not, don't. That's all. [The same goes for computers, clothes, real estate, restaurants, etc.]

You can wait: Prices might/might not get better soon/later. The selection of '07s will get smaller and the exact one you want probably more distant (meaning add-on travel/shipping $s) if you can still find it. In a couple of months the '08s will start to show up, but their MSRPs and dealer markups will both be higher. Meanwhile you are not driving a GT500, which may/may not be important to you personally.

So we can all philosophize 'til the cows come home about the "worth" of new pricing; it still just comes back to your own personal valuation.

The same thing holds true once the car's bought. Then the same people who worried about the acquisition price start fretting about depreciation and how much they can sell the car for if they don't drive it more than 100 miles/year, etc. It's easy to spend so much time stressed out on these imponderables that you can't just relax and enjoy the car. Five or ten years from now it will be worth, again, what you're willing to sell it for and what someone else is willing to buy it for. Don't worry about it until then.

My 2, er, 3 cents ... B)

Thank you

this is what i have been trying to say for 2 months, but as a saleman its sounds like im trying to justify the ADM. the value of a car is what someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD. if you pay 70k is worth that. if you want to buy a GT500 buy it, drive it, and love it. if you dont want to spend that kind of money i understand. i pass up alot of things because i DONT want to spend that much money. not saying that YOU cant spend the money or that you cant afford it, just dont want to.

i watch ebay every day for these cars. if you dont mind travel these cars can be had for alot less than they were 2 months ago.

michael

Just bought mine on Friday. Sticker was $43,700 paid $51,000. So $7,300 over sticker. Unfortunately I live in lovely Southwest Florida. I might have been able to get a better price, but I had to worry about the wealth walking in and buying it for the asking $65,000. Love the car and happy with the price... White with vista blue strips...

Just bought mine on Friday. Sticker was $43,700 paid $51,000. So $7,300 over sticker. Unfortunately I live in lovely Southwest Florida. I might have been able to get a better price, but I had to worry about the wealth walking in and buying it for the asking $65,000. Love the car and happy with the price... White with vista blue strips...

Glad you got a car!! they are rides. you seem to have gotten a good price. i have been looking for a white with blue for the store. i really want a white car :angry:

congrats

michael

Glad you got a car!! they are rides. you seem to have gotten a good price. i have been looking for a white with blue for the store. i really want a white car :angry:

congrats

michael

Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers has several check them out on line. Not where I got mine but was surfing around and see they have quite a few...

Good Luck

Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers has several check them out on line. Not where I got mine but was surfing around and see they have quite a few...

Good Luck

thanks,

im a dealer and i want to buy one to resale. most dealers will not sale there GT500s to other dealers unless they can make 5-7 over sticker, i need one cheaper so that i can retail it.

michael

• 2 weeks later...

thanks,

im a dealer and i want to buy one to resale. most dealers will not sale there GT500s to other dealers unless they can make 5-7 over sticker, i need one cheaper so that i can retail it.

michael

What dealers have you found that will sell to a dealer for $5K - $7K over?

Most I see are still wanting $10K - $15K over dealer to dealer.

What dealers have you found that will sell to a dealer for $5K - $7K over?

Most I see are still wanting $10K - $15K over dealer to dealer.

found a white with blue in atlanta for 7500 and get calls about cars in TX for 7-8 but after transport i dont think they are worth the money. i can have a guy call you if you want when these cars come up. i get 2-3 calls a week on them for about that price.

michael

found a white with blue in atlanta for 7500 and get calls about cars in TX for 7-8 but after transport i dont think they are worth the money. i can have a guy call you if you want when these cars come up. i get 2-3 calls a week on them for about that price.

michael

MM would that guy be Hoyt....?

I will take 5 GT500's at 4-5K over from anywhere. I just bought a white w/Tung stripes Coupe out of TX.

I have SOLD 16 so far out of Denver, and need more.

thanks randy 303 584-6623

Archived