TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender Guitar

All, my guitar just arrived today. It looks absolutely amazing! I am so glad I ended up getting it.

As previously mentioned, I am not a musician so the guitar really didn't mean anything to me except that it matched the car and I thought that was cool. Originally, as mentioned, I preferred to put the money into the car rather than "buy a guitar." But then I saw on eBay one with my lucky number so I had to buy it. I am so glad that I invested the money and ended up winning the bid. Now that I've seen it in person, I am very impressed with it and couldn't be happier.

I had it shipped to my work. A bunch of people have seen it, including musicians, and all are impressed too. Fender did a really good job with it. It will look awesome displayed next to my car and will really jazz (pun intended) up the presentation – especially after it's signed by "The Legend" himself.

Jer, I hope Fender ends up making a white one for you and the others (blue too). Also, now that I see the "Powered by Ford" badge on the guitar, I think it looks really nice as well. Maybe you can take a close up picture of that one (or of the one on the case), print that out on a nice piece of picture paper, cut it out, paste it onto your white guitar, and then put the 3000+ layers of clear coating over the whole thing like they did with the black one.

Woohoo!!!

when i first posted about the guitar someone asked me if it was american made or mexician made. so of course i called and asked. they told me it was made in mexico, but (heres the kicker) they would be glad to get an american one for me with Mr. Shelbys autograph already on it for only..... 10k. didnt have anyone jump on that one for some reason.

michael

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, all.

If anyone would like to buy a Shelby GT guitar, I'm done examining this one, and will pass it on.

I just used it as a study tool to get ideas for building myself a white one. It's #156, and is absolutely perfect, with the plastic still on everything, all the tags, original box, everything. I strummed it a few times, just to get a feel, but it is essentially unused. I'll eBay it if not, but I'd rather see someone on this forum get it. Just PM me... I don't need to make a profit, just pass it on.

I don't mean to be advertising in the wrong thread or anything, but it sort of fit in with our discussion here thus far... :unsure:

Jer

Hey, all.

If anyone would like to buy a Shelby GT guitar, I'm done examining this one, and will pass it on.

I just used it as a study tool to get ideas for building myself a white one. It's #156, and is absolutely perfect, with the plastic still on everything, all the tags, original box, everything. I strummed it a few times, just to get a feel, but it is essentially unused. I'll eBay it if not, but I'd rather see someone on this forum get it. Just PM me... I don't need to make a profit, just pass it on.

I don't mean to be advertising in the wrong thread or anything, but it sort of fit in with our discussion here thus far... :unsure:

Jer

Jer, post pics of your white one when you're done.

Hey, all.

Jer

Jer, did you end up selling your guitar? If not, then here is a bump for you.

I also thought I'd let you know that those Powered by Ford emblems are on eBay again. here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

I also thought I'd let you know that those Powered by Ford emblems are on eBay again. here is the link:

If anyone wants to sell, or knows of one for sale - let me know. I'm not a musician, so it does not matter too much to me. I'd only be buying it for kicks...so I don't want to spend too much.

Let me know - and thanks!

PS: My car # is 0129. So if anyone has guitar #129 for sale, all the better!! grin.

Send me a PM

- Todd

If anyone wants to sell, or knows of one for sale - let me know. I'm not a musician, so it does not matter too much to me. I'd only be buying it for kicks...so I don't want to spend too much.

PS: My car # is 0129. So if anyone has guitar #129 for sale, all the better!! grin.

Send me a PM

- Todd

The cars should have come with a guitar!!!! Instead we paid gas guzzler's tax.

OMIGOD!!!

They sold for $515.25!

Great, now the car's got two "thefty" items glued on the side. They'll be made into necklaces in rap videos any day now.

Jer

Send me a PM

- Todd

I paid around $1650 for it, I'll take $1600 and ship free in the lower 48. It is brand new, #156. PM me for pix.

Jer

OMIGOD!!!

They sold for $515.25!

Great, now the car's got two "thefty" items glued on the side. They'll be made into necklaces in rap videos any day now.

Jer

I paid around $1650 for it, I'll take $1600 and ship free in the lower 48. It is brand new, #156. PM me for pix.

Jer

Jer, here is another set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...34194619&rd=1,1

and that's a pretty good price for your guitar.

How much is a new guitar? Mexico or otherwise.

Thanks.

When the Shelby GT Fender Strats were first launched, they were $1000. After they all sold, they made it up to around $2500 on ebay about a month later. They've since settled down to around $1600 +/-. Jer's price is a very good one.

Don't know what will happen to the price from here.

• 2 months later...

Just happened to have checked eBay on the latest pricing of the Fender Guitar and found 2 (2 of 8 - see below) listed on there right now. One has a buy it now price of $2,500 while the other is about $900 right now with almost 6 days left but it looks like there is no minimum price.

If someone here already has the single bid on this, I am really sorry if I spoil it for you. I don't mean to spoil it for anyone, I am just hoping I can help anyone looking for a guitar. But now I see he has 7 so I don't think I am hurting anyone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/fender-stratocaster-sh...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guitar is number 190 but he says he has 7 of them. I can't tell whether he is a Ford Dealer or not. I just hope I'm not referring anyone to this in the event it turns out to be a scam. Double check before placing a bid.

Good luck. If you get one, let us know.

I am the hi bidder on the guitar and they are all gone but this one. it is an old ebay ad he never updated.

I am the hi bidder on the guitar and they are all gone but this one. it is an old ebay ad he never updated.

I'm a guitarist, I have an SGT AND I'm only 20 minutes from Waynesboro! However, I don't have the money for this right now. I just sold a Les Paul to help pay for my wife's cruise to Bermuda in two weeks (she's going with the girls). This is to off-set her letting me buy the SGT earlier this year. Got to keep the wife happy.

So good luck Shelby0264. I'm not going to bid against you.

If anyone is interested I just got this email from Tim when I asked if he had #117.

"We have 90, 190, 54, 179, 13, 21,

149, 30, 92 and 51.

Thanks and GOD bless.........tim"

10 of them! I guess they don't sell as well as I thought they would. I have to admit, if I didn't have a Shelby GT, I wouldn't want one of these. It's not my style of guitar.

I currently have a Fender '56 relic strat, '51 Nocaster, Martin Eric Clapton and a Gibson Howard Roberts. I sold a Gibson '57 Historic Gold Top Les Paul, an ES175 and a '52 reissue tele to help cover the down payment on the SGT and my wife's cruise. I really wasn't playing the ones I sold and the ones I didn't sell, I play a lot. The Shelby GT guitar probably wouldn't get much play if I had it.

10 of them! I guess they don't sell as well as I thought they would. I have to admit, if I didn't have a Shelby GT, I wouldn't want one of these. It's not my style of guitar.

I currently have a Fender '56 relic strat, '51 Nocaster, Martin Eric Clapton and a Gibson Howard Roberts. I sold a Gibson '57 Historic Gold Top Les Paul, an ES175 and a '52 reissue tele to help cover the down payment on the SGT and my wife's cruise. I really wasn't playing the ones I sold and the ones I didn't sell, I play a lot. The Shelby GT guitar probably wouldn't get much play if I had it.

I would like to find Guitar # 129 Anyone?

Thanks Todd

• 1 month later...

I am a guitar collector, so, I would be interested if the right deal came along, but Im not about to pay over 1200 for a mexico strat- for that I will get the boys in the custom shop to build me a unique gt500 one.

But it would be cool to have...sitting in the trunk, if it will fit next to that huge box that takes up half the trunk(shaker 1000)...I know, it wont

Archived