TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender Guitar

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, I appreciate you not taking it for a "test drive"! I'm looking forward to its arrival. B)

glad you have been reading the thread, you should put it on ebay and make you a couple of grand. i sure wanted to take it out and have a go at her, but just didnt think it was the right thing to do. please let me know when it get there.

thanks

michael morris

glad you have been reading the thread, you should put it on ebay and make you a couple of grand. i sure wanted to take it out and have a go at her, but just didnt think it was the right thing to do. please let me know when it get there.

thanks

michael morris

Michael - Your just not the run of the mill car person. You must be an owner/salesman, and that type of person knows how to be a class act, most salesman will say anything to make the deal. Keep up the good work I'd buy from you anyday. Did you sell the RED package Shelby yet?

Michael, I appreciate you not taking it for a "test drive"! I'm looking forward to its arrival. B)

Colorado, I just read your post and signature. Congrats, looks like you really are burning that credit card. The only thing I can think of that you're missing are the CS6 hood, navigation, billet interior/exterior and the spoiler. I think you are likely the only one with almost every option.

It also looks like your car was built and shipped with mine. I am heading to SAI Friday. If you don't mind, PM me your CSM and I'll look for your car and snap a pic if they let me.

Oh, and congrats on the guitar too.

Adam

Michael - Your just not the run of the mill car person. You must be an owner/salesman, and that type of person knows how to be a class act, most salesman will say anything to make the deal. Keep up the good work I'd buy from you anyday. Did you sell the RED package Shelby yet?

thanks for the kind words and yes the red stripe went to TX. hasnt come in yet but should be in late this month.

michael morris

OK, at the risk of being flamed for my viewing habits. The Shelby GT Fender Guitar made an appearance on tonights American Idol. It was during the weekly Ford spot. I think you can see it on itunes and maybe Ford's site.

YES I saw it too! IF 60 million people voted this week on the American Idol show, don't you think FORD would have been better showing the actual Shelby GT instead of the guitar???? ( insert head banging wall icon)

It could be that the person at FORD that put the commercial together didn't know there was a car to match the guitar. ( argghhh!) :blink:

....let the flames begin.........

Michael, guitar showed up - looks great! The case has a "Powered by Ford" badge on it and embroidered silver side stripes. The guitar has a badge on it as well. Thanks for your help with this. Its #106.

Great!!! i new i should have bought one for myself :(

i hope who you bought it for enjoys it.

thanks again

michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Dose anyone know where they can get the poster of the black GTS with the fender with it?

I think it would be cool to have.

Fg

Has anyone seen these guitars in white? Or are they just black...? I'd like to get one to match my car, that'd be cool. I have a pretty stupid guitar collecting habit, I mean, HOBBY, so that would be a logical one to have.

As an instrument, its features and quality are in the $995 range, definitely not the $3000 range. BUUUT... doesn't mean it's out of the question...<g>

Fender has been associated with the Mustang for decades. This guitar is not a sudden irrelevant corporate mash-up between the two companies... In part, I'm sure the Fender company is also being nostalgic about their now-vintage guitars with Mustang racing stripes... They've been in bed with this car for a LONG time.

Check it out:

http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=236

Jer

Here are some links:

I wish I could get the poster of this.

http://www.fender.com/ford/home.html

Look under the heading "the car" That's what I need on my wall in the garage! ;) If anyone knows where to get one, let me know.

Here is another one:

http://www.fordcollection.com/default.cfm?...ategory=COLLECT

I also could have sworn that I saw the Fender Shelby GT one on this Ford Racing site the other day for about $2000. I'll keep looking and post when I find it.

EDIT: think I found the same site but with the Fender Shelby GT guitar but it looks like it is no longer available.

Did find on eBay the following which the Buy It Now price is $1574:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...23262979&rd=1,1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys/gals, I ended up getting a Fender Shelby GT guitar after all. It was a purchase that I couldn't pass up.

The guy I got it from has a few more so if anyone is looking for one, PM me and I'll give you his email address.

Next step, signature.

Woohoo!

Hey guys/gals, I ended up getting a Fender Shelby GT guitar after all. It was a purchase that I couldn't pass up.

The guy I got it from has a few more so if anyone is looking for one, PM me and I'll give you his email address.

Next step, signature.

Woohoo!

Nice,

Sent you a PM

OK, so I had to do it.

I'm in the guitar business, so it was a natural thing for me.

Part of my reason for buying one was so that I can use it as a guide for building myself a white one. I have a white car, and it's just not as cool when it doesn't match the car! My friends in the Fender Custom Shop offered to build me a white one, but without the details... they won't make a perfect copy, as they "can't do any of the Ford stuff, as per their agreement".

I'll need the "Powered By Ford" plaques, which I doubt I'll be able to get, but maybe I'll use the "old style" flat ones, and get close. If anyone knows where I can get one of the plaques that were momentarily available, I'd be forever in your debt. Ditto the stripe (the Fender one is not printed in the same typeface as the car anyway, and I want an exct match).

Two things that need to be clarified about the "official" guitar: Although Fender's USA Custom Shop built the first two, the one that's for sale everywhere (the run of 200) is a Mexican-made Fender, real-world "guitar value" of around $400. And the "Powered By Ford" logo on the face of the guitar is just an airbrushed picture, not an actual plaque. The one on the case is real, however. On my replica, I thought it'd be cool to have a real plaque on the guitar itself.

Here's the pic' of mine, #156, in the guitar display I have in my office (framed art!)...

Jer

Shelby_1007.JPG Shelby_2B120.JPG

jer, that's great. I got one too, just waiting for it to arrive.

Regarding the "Powered by Ford" emblem, I saw one on eBay yesterday. I just looked for it to no avail. I will try again later. When I find it I will send you the link. I think it was around $200 a few weeks ago and I think it was priced around $240 this time.

As for the stripes, maybe you can see if you can get Bud to send you a small piece???

There was only 1 as of this morning at $2500.

My personal fave was the guy who spent $100 on a Shelby autograph, and subsequently sold his for $2000.

Oh, what the Hell do I know... I paid a fortune for a Mexican Strat!

My wife's advice?

"Wait six months. If it becomes valuable, cool. If not, start taking it to gigs, and don't worry about scratching it."

:rolleyes:

Jer

jer, that's great. I got one too, just waiting for it to arrive.

Regarding the "Powered by Ford" emblem, I saw one on eBay yesterday. I just looked for it to no avail. I will try again later. When I find it I will send you the link. I think it was around $200 a few weeks ago and I think it was priced around $240 this time.

As for the stripes, maybe you can see if you can get Bud to send you a small piece???

Thanks...

Man, that'd be cool.

I will NOT build a "fake" guitar, I am not out to counterfeit the thing... if anything, I want to build myself a BETTER guitar for me. USA parts, white like my car, real stripe, with an actual badge on the face.

Whaddya say, Bud... help a guitar geek out?

You'll see it when I send it in for an autograph!

:D

Jer

My personal fave was the guy who spent $100 on a Shelby autograph, and subsequently sold his for $2000.

Oh, what the Hell do I know... I paid a fortune for a Mexican Strat!

My wife's advice?

"Wait six months. If it becomes valuable, cool. If not, start taking it to gigs, and don't worry about scratching it."

:rolleyes:

Jer

That is always the way. Your wife does have a valid point. I'm going to bide my time and see what turns up this fall and winter. And a guitar geek.......been playing for over 40 years! Yikes......

All, my guitar just arrived today. It looks absolutely amazing! I am so glad I ended up getting it.

As previously mentioned, I am not a musician so the guitar really didn't mean anything to me except that it matched the car and I thought that was cool. Originally, as mentioned, I preferred to put the money into the car rather than "buy a guitar." But then I saw on eBay one with my lucky number so I had to buy it. I am so glad that I invested the money and ended up winning the bid. Now that I've seen it in person, I am very impressed with it and couldn't be happier.

I had it shipped to my work. A bunch of people have seen it, including musicians, and all are impressed too. Fender did a really good job with it. It will look awesome displayed next to my car and will really jazz (pun intended) up the presentation – especially after it's signed by "The Legend" himself.

Jer, I hope Fender ends up making a white one for you and the others (blue too). Also, now that I see the "Powered by Ford" badge on the guitar, I think it looks really nice as well. Maybe you can take a close up picture of that one (or of the one on the case), print that out on a nice piece of picture paper, cut it out, paste it onto your white guitar, and then put the 3000+ layers of clear coating over the whole thing like they did with the black one.

Woohoo!!!

Archived