TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Active Alarm System

The Sheriff

Could someone please tell me what the active alarm system is for. I thought it was to prevent theft of the car but someone told me it was an alarm for the sound system. Thanks.

LOL...an alarm for the sound system? That's funny!

Mustang has an optional, active anti-theft package aimed at combating high performance-car insurance premiums. The package includes:

Separate Alarm Sounder

Car thieves often begin by disabling the vehicle’s horn to disarm the alarm system. So Mustang employs a separate, remotely located alarm sounder that makes it harder for thieves to disable the system and make off with the car or its contents.

Anti-Tow Sensor

To guard against the growing criminal trend of tow-away theft, an inclination-sensing module records the vehicle’s angle of inclination when the anti-theft system is armed. If the sensor detects a change in vehicle inclination, it sends a signal to the alarm system, which triggers a separate alarm sounder and flashes the car's lights to guard against tow-away thefts. This sensor also can detect whether one corner or side of the vehicle has been jacked up, to guard against theft of wheels and tires.

Ultrasonic Interior Motion Sensor

To detect "smash-and-grab" break-ins, an ultrasonic interior-motion sensor determines if glass has been broken or someone has placed a hand or other object inside the car. If an intrusion is detected, the alarm sounder is activated and the exterior lights flash to frighten would-be thieves.

Perimeter Anti-Theft Protection

Perimeter anti-theft sensors also detect the opening of the hood, doors or trunk when the anti-theft system is armed. If the vehicle is parked and the window rolled down, for example, the alarm is sounded if a would-be-thief tries to open the door to gain access to the car.

High-Capacity Battery

A 60-ampere-hour battery is capable of sounding the alarm longer. This more powerful battery lends an extra measure of authority to the active anti-theft system and helps prevent battery run-down from use of Mustang's powerful audio system while the engine is off.

Mustang has an optional, active anti-theft package aimed at combating high performance-car insurance premiums. The package includes:

Separate Alarm Sounder

Car thieves often begin by disabling the vehicle’s horn to disarm the alarm system. So Mustang employs a separate, remotely located alarm sounder that makes it harder for thieves to disable the system and make off with the car or its contents.

Anti-Tow Sensor

To guard against the growing criminal trend of tow-away theft, an inclination-sensing module records the vehicle’s angle of inclination when the anti-theft system is armed. If the sensor detects a change in vehicle inclination, it sends a signal to the alarm system, which triggers a separate alarm sounder and flashes the car's lights to guard against tow-away thefts. This sensor also can detect whether one corner or side of the vehicle has been jacked up, to guard against theft of wheels and tires.

To detect "smash-and-grab" break-ins, an ultrasonic interior-motion sensor determines if glass has been broken or someone has placed a hand or other object inside the car. If an intrusion is detected, the alarm sounder is activated and the exterior lights flash to frighten would-be thieves.

Perimeter anti-theft sensors also detect the opening of the hood, doors or trunk when the anti-theft system is armed. If the vehicle is parked and the window rolled down, for example, the alarm is sounded if a would-be-thief tries to open the door to gain access to the car.

High-Capacity Battery

A 60-ampere-hour battery is capable of sounding the alarm longer. This more powerful battery lends an extra measure of authority to the active anti-theft system and helps prevent battery run-down from use of Mustang's powerful audio system while the engine is off.

WOW Matt...you told me more than the dealer did !

Sue

Happy to help Sue! Now be careful of that sound system!

;)

CMatt - You do have a snese of humor. I thought all this time that your sense of humor had went out with the wait for your SGT. Now I am sure your a semi-normal SGT owner! Ha------ B)

I know the system works as I left my windows down when I went into a store, but locked the car. This set the Active Anti-theft system. While in the store, someone decided to look in the car at the dash plate, well that set the alarm off... Yahoo!!! That is another system "verified"... :rolleyes:

Gary

I know the system works as I left my windows down when I went into a store, but locked the car. This set the Active Anti-theft system. While in the store, someone decided to look in the car at the dash plate, well that set the alarm off... Yahoo!!! That is another system "verified"...

Gary

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and tell us why the windows were down...to hear that sweet sound of this car...those of us without our cars are envious...but at least mine is now on its way. After about a month, I will turn on the radio.

Here is the problem with the sound of the SGT. While driving it last night. Its roll the window down and hear the exhaust, roll the window up save that wonderful new car smell. I"m beginning to think the sound is worth more than the smell..................

Separate Alarm Sounder

Anti-Tow Sensor

High-Capacity Battery

Thanks Matt....you da man! Now I wish I had ordered it. It serves me right for listening to those morons at Dunkin Donuts.....they sounded like they knew what they were talking about when they said it was to prevent someone from stealing my radio. B)

I am assuming this system is readily available at any FORD dealership? Any ideas on the approximate cost of install?

Barry, it was originally a $325 option. Post sale, I have no idea of the install price.

I'm sure that Michael, Jason or Adam B. can answer though.

Archived