TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharged SGTs............. where are you?

Not only are we SGT-less, the " lucky-ones" to get supercharged SGTs have abandoned us! How quickly you guys forgot what is was like to languish on this forum without your SGTs while reading over and over again what the "lucky-ones" had to say about the awesome experience of driving one of these machines. Feel for us, brothers! After you get your SGT, especially the supercharged ones, please come back to the forum and tell us about your adventure. I think I know what it's like to be addicted to drugs!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only are we SGT-less, the " lucky-ones" to get supercharged SGTs have abandoned us! How quickly you guys forgot what is was like to languish on this forum without your SGTs while reading over and over again what the "lucky-ones" had to say about the awesome experience of driving one of these machines. Feel for us, brothers! After you get your SGT, especially the supercharged ones, please come back to the forum and tell us about your adventure. I think I know what it's like to be addicted to drugs!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok went to sears point drags last nite w/ my SGT S/C. It was hot no drag radials just stock tires. I made 4 runs before I broke out. I had trouble starting the race. wheel spin and wheel hop too. My best time was 13.5 at almost 106 mph. I hope this car gets into the 12's. Not sure if these s/c cars are dynoed or not at shelby, i doubt they are. I am going to buy some track tires that should help me with the hook up. But the MPH seems slow to me. Maybe I sould be getting up to 110 mph? My 60' times (2.200+) are terrible because of tire spin. It was fun droppin the hammer. Everybody was lovin the car, well except one guy who owned a GT500. He didnt know anything about the SGT. The pricing etc... I could tell he was worried about how fast it might go. You know being on his GT 500's heels and all. Alot of mustang guys there of course and many of those huys think a tune on the dyno would really help. One guy whos opinion I really respect told me that he thought for the HP rating I should be near 110 mph at the finish line. As I said before mine got up to almost 106. One more thing, I was shifting the first 3 races at 54-5500 rpm. Red line is 6000. The first three races I went 103, 103+, and 104. The last race I wound it up to 6000 and got my 106 mph time.

The underhood temp cooled off pretty quick. All that cast aluminum sure looks impressive. I am happy with the car and the mods. But will most likely go for the dyno tune. There are some dyno tuners who are good and some that are downright dangerous and ignorant. Just make sure you ask questions before you hand your prize car over to just anyone. Jonathan

Not sure of the elevation at Sears Point but it sounds like you need a professional tune on that supercharged car. The GT-H that I ran at Epping, NH last year ran 104.11 mph.

Do you have the Whipple supercharger on your car? Typical mph should be up around 115-120 mph. Granted....yours is hampered by the stock tires but you should still be over 110 mph even with NO traction in the lower gears.

Again I agree. A stock SGT with stock tires was hitting 13.5's in an earlier post with video. I think Shelby may be de-tuning that car to cover their ass in case something terrible goes wrong. I really hate to say this, but if that is ALL you get I think the Shelby/Paxon SC is NOT the S/C to buy. The Whipple S/C should take that car into the mid 12's no doubt and easily. Even FOMOCO on the Ford racing web site states if you just put in 4.10 gears your stock "GT" elapsed time would be @ 13.00 flat @ 1/4 mile tested with 18" rolling stock. B)

Not sure of the elevation at Sears Point but it sounds like you need a professional tune on that supercharged car. The GT-H that I ran at Epping, NH last year ran 104.11 mph.

Do you have the Whipple supercharger on your car? Typical mph should be up around 115-120 mph. Granted....yours is hampered by the stock tires but you should still be over 110 mph even with NO traction in the lower gears.

no its a paxton and I just think it needs to be tuned . well i hope

69 - when did you get yours? How long did it take after the SC was installed. Mine has been in the mod shop since last week getting the SC and lower grill. Should be done today I hope. I'm hoping a truck is headed this way soon! But my guess is they have to wait for a full truck to be headed in my direction (Michigan).

Man, the wait (since december) is killing me.

But, I got a screaming deal on the car, and I mean screaming, so I'm trying to be patient.

69 - when did you get yours? How long did it take after the SC was installed. Mine has been in the mod shop since last week getting the SC and lower grill. Should be done today I hope. I'm hoping a truck is headed this way soon! But my guess is they have to wait for a full truck to be headed in my direction (Michigan).

Man, the wait (since december) is killing me.

But, I got a screaming deal on the car, and I mean screaming, so I'm trying to be patient.

GG, it's in my signature. Just got it this morning. S/C was number #3 with an install the week of 4/23. John said it left Vegas this past Monday, 5/14. It was on a trailer capable of carrying 6 cars, only a Porche was left once mine was offloaded and I'm down in Alva, Florida (Fort Myers area). Take care and good luck.

Oh, here it is in its new home (not cleaned or anything yet and I'm working on the lawn mower off camera - so extra stuff in the picture).

Sorry, jpg is bigger than 500K. I'll have to post elsewhere. Take care.

OK, picture is in the gallery....

Mine arrived this morning, with S/C. I haven't pushed it yet because it only has 20 miles on it, but, it seems to like to go kinda fast. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on finally getting your car. I'm assuming that you had the home delivery. How much notice did they give you. Any problems during shipping? Happy for you, but we need pics and details.

Dave

Congratulations on finally getting your car. I'm assuming that you had the home delivery. How much notice did they give you. Any problems during shipping? Happy for you, but we need pics and details.

Dave

Dave, it was a home delivery. I wanted to do the museum thing, but, it is a 2800 mile trip back... No problems with the delivery. I was in contact with John fairly often during the week (he was calling me, I wasn't bugging him) so I was aware of which day the shipper would call. They called a day before delivery and were exactly on time. I did have to drive a mile to pick the car up because the shipper's hauler couldn't make it over the bridge that leads to my home (30T max) - oh well. Take care. Doug

Oh yeah, pictures...We're under water restrictions, so, now - Sunday morning, before dawn, is my time to wash cars. I'll post later today after cleaning it up - it did arrive with a bit of desert sand....

GG, it's in my signature. Just got it this morning. S/C was number #3 with an install the week of 4/23. John said it left Vegas this past Monday, 5/14. It was on a trailer capable of carrying 6 cars, only a Porche was left once mine was offloaded and I'm down in Alva, Florida (Fort Myers area). Take care and good luck.

Oh, here it is in its new home (not cleaned or anything yet and I'm working on the lawn mower off camera - so extra stuff in the picture).

Sorry, jpg is bigger than 500K. I'll have to post elsewhere. Take care.

OK, picture is in the gallery....

69Shelby- Sue in Sarasota here #545 ! One of these days we will have to get some pics with the cars together !! :P Then I will have to try out the SC :D

69Shelby- Sue in Sarasota here #545 ! One of these days we will have to get some pics with the cars together !! :P Then I will have to try out the SC :D

sdear, Yes. Also, swa737, in Lakeland, is waiting for his, with S/C, so we should be well represented in South Florida (yes, I remember you guys (gals) over in Miami/Fort Lauderdale (you're just on the wrong coast - might not even be your fault :rolleyes: ). Take care.

sdear, Yes. Also, swa737, in Lakeland, is waiting for his, with S/C, so we should be well represented in South Florida (yes, I remember you guys (gals) over in Miami/Fort Lauderdale (you're just on the wrong coast - might not even be your fault :rolleyes: ). Take care.

I am on the west coast !!!! Just an hour north of you

Archived