TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who plans to leave their Shelby GT all-original

ilmor

I'm presently waiting on the stripes. The spoiler is all painted and will be mounted as soon as I get the stripes.

I am waiting on stripes too !! Ahem Bud ! :P

And oh Michael....I think I like the black dice ...those are silver dots right to match the car??? ;)

Sue

At some point I may installed brake upgrades, but ideally I would want the calipers to have a Shelby stamping on them.

At some point I may installed brake upgrades, but ideally I would want the calipers to have a Shelby stamping on them.

ilmor, I am getting the Black Razors and Big Red Shelby brakes. When we New Englanders get together at Lime Rock or elsewhere this summer, you can see what they look like. Maybe we'll race together. Then I'll win after a few laps when your brakes start getting tired. :unsure:

guys, make sure you have registered the car on the front of the site...whenb

you have mods done, update the registry

Amy

ilmor, I am getting the Black Razors and Big Red Shelby brakes. When we New Englanders get together at Lime Rock or elsewhere this summer, you can see what they look like. Maybe we'll race together. Then I'll win after a few laps when your brakes start getting tired. :unsure:

sounds good! Hey, tell me (pm if you want) what you think of the Shelby club. I was thinking about joining.

guys, make sure you have registered the car on the front of the site...whenb

you have mods done, update the registry

Amy

Amy - I am only seeing a way to register, but no way to update the registry. Can you help? Is there a way to view all the current Registry entries?

As of right now I am only planning on doing SAI mods and maybe a set of Flowmasters (I know they are so "90s" but I love the sound.)

I do love the curb feeler idea, but I think maybe some of those dangling cloth beadies around the headliner and some fuzzy dice might be the way to go! :unsure:

As of right now I am only planning on doing SAI mods and maybe a set of Flowmasters (I know they are so "90s" but I love the sound.)

I do love the curb feeler idea, but I think maybe some of those dangling cloth beadies around the headliner and some fuzzy dice might be the way to go! :unsure:

Carefull on some of the mufflers out there, Alot of them have a drone at around 17-2000 rpm. Try this site to get an idea.............

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php

John Walker,

Please get this guy a car before he loses his mind or should I say totally loses his mind. You can even finish his car first. Rick :o

I'm stayin outta this........-John

you know, some of you guys are really showing your age.

I was actually just thinking about that this morning...but, I really want to just leave it "all original" - then I have more gas money!

Carefull on some of the mufflers out there, Alot of them have a drone at around 17-2000 rpm. Try this site to get an idea.............

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php

That is excellent! Thanks for posting that link....

Ok, I'm going to get flamed here but going back to the FORD vs. CHEVY thing, why can't mustangs get that deep, old school rumble sound like you can on a 350 or even a 305? Ok, I know we have something like a 281 but still it sounds choked and airy. I have noticed this all my life not just with the new Mustangs.

I was listening to the 40 series Flowmaster on the Mustang which is that same one I had on my 96 Z-28 and the sound was totally different and rather disappointing. Any ideas?

Here is the sound I would like to get on the car. Only problem was this setup had a deafening drone...

http://media.putfile.com/Old-School-Exhaust-

this is a 2005 Ram 1500 with the 4.7. Stock exhaust I just replaced the muffler with a 24" glasspack.

That is excellent! Thanks for posting that link....

Ok, I'm going to get flamed here but going back to the FORD vs. CHEVY thing, why can't mustangs get that deep, old school rumble sound like you can on a 350 or even a 305? Ok, I know we have something like a 281 but still it sounds choked and airy. I have noticed this all my life not just with the new Mustangs.

I was listening to the 40 series Flowmaster on the Mustang which is that same one I had on my 96 Z-28 and the sound was totally different and rather disappointing. Any ideas?

I'll agree Chevys do sound different, alot of which has to do with the emissions controls, but you can get a deep sound from Fords. I had a 93 F-150 with the 302. It had Hooker equal length shortys, GM style catalytic converter, and a 2 chamber 1 in 2 out Flowmaster. From the y I had 3 1/2" pipe through the cat to the muffler. From there I ran 3" pipes with 5"x10" bells. That was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard! I had a guy stop me at a light and tell me he hated Fords but loved the way my truck sounded. He wanted to sit on the side of the street just to hear me take off down the road.

The Z you had was set up like I did my 93 F-150. One large pipe running to a muffler with two large pipes coming out. The Mustangs are set up with two smallish pipes feeding two mufflers with two smallish pipes coming out. The bigger the pipe, the deeper the sound, it's as simple as that.

The Z you had was set up like I did my 93 F-150. One large pipe running to a muffler with two large pipes coming out. The Mustangs are set up with two smallish pipes feeding two mufflers with two smallish pipes coming out. The bigger the pipe, the deeper the sound, it's as simple as that.

You got a point. The Z was a 3 1/2" pipe straight to the Flowmaster 40 at the rear and then split to two short duals. The Dodge clip I posted was a 3" - 3 1/2" pipe straight out the back.

As my Shelby is my first ever muscle car, from my perspective its sounds awesome and very low and throaty. My previous hi-performance cars were a 90 Carrera and a 97 M3...no throaty roar from them!

Archived