TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Polished Bullitts

Skip

Hello,

If any one is swapping out their oem polished bullitt wheels or wheels and tires I may be interested. Please email me at svarvel1@aol.com :)

Thanks,

Skip

Skip - I have a set of polished alum. rims(no tires), brand new, these are for my ordered SGT, but if car does not arrive within next few weeks, I'm cancelling, and will be selling these along with a GT500 spoiler(unpainted). If it comes to this I'll email you.

Skip - I have a set of polished alum. rims(no tires), brand new, these are for my ordered SGT, but if car does not arrive within next few weeks, I'm cancelling, and will be selling these along with a GT500 spoiler(unpainted). If it comes to this I'll email you.

Please keep me posted.

Yikes! Say it ain't so! Wow...I thought I was the only one feeling this way. My enthusiasm has really dropped off and like any other impulse or nice to have purchase you start to question things. The ordeal of waiting brings with it reflection. ;)

Matt, Oilman, I know its sounds easy for me now that mine has finally got here. But this car is well worth the wait. I have only driven it around 50 miles but it brings back the memories of my 20's when I crusied the streets in my ( almost afriad to say on this forum ) 1969 Z/28. The head-turns this car gets is unbelievable. If you give up, one day you will be driving around in some boring ride and see a SGT turn the corner and wish you had waited a little longer..............'

Tim

Matt, Oilman, I know its sounds easy for me now that mine has finally got here. But this car is well worth the wait. I have only driven it around 50 miles but it brings back the memories of my 20's when I crusied the streets in my ( almost afriad to say on this forum ) 1969 Z/28. The head-turns this car gets is unbelievable. If you give up, one day you will be driving around in some boring ride and see a SGT turn the corner and wish you had waited a little longer..............'

Tim

I have printed your post and put it on my wall.

:)

Yikes! Say it ain't so! Wow...I thought I was the only one feeling this way. My enthusiasm has really dropped off and like any other impulse or nice to have purchase you start to question things. The ordeal of waiting brings with it reflection. ;)

Exactly - I've always been somewhat of an impulse buyer, see something and just have to have it. But (4) months is beyond my patience. Starting to lose interest, and I do have (2) other performance cars sitting here to drive if need be. Our summers are short enough as it is, Oct. comes real quick and then its into storage. I know what Tim is saying, but with so many of these cars being available, could still get one if the impulse strikes again. I already have (4) wheels and a spoiler, I may be able to build my own part by part quicker!

I ordered a white SGT back in December and my dealer called me yesterday to inform me the car arrived. Here is the kicker, he wants $2000 over MSRP. I told him politely, no thanks and wished him luck selling it at that price.

Matt and Oilman, I kind of feel the same way but I am willing to hold out a little longer, I gave my dealer a BIG deposit but it was not a binding contract. The time I have waited for my car I could have gotten one somewhere else. However I am trading my 07 in for this car and I have ordered all kinds of chrome stuff and even 2-spoilers. I believe Tim and that the car is worth the wait. They will be here soon.

I ordered a white SGT back in December and my dealer called me yesterday to inform me the car arrived. Here is the kicker, he wants $2000 over MSRP. I told him politely, no thanks and wished him luck selling it at that price.

The dealer I'm working with is selling me at MSRP, however, he has (3) SGT on the lot now, and has marked the Shelby add on at $9890, $2500 over actual cost. I'm really curious if and when my car gets here if he doesn't try to say that the MSRP for the Shelby package is $9890, trying to pick up $2500 over MSRP, which I intend doing just as you did. SEE YA!!

The dealer I'm working with is selling me at MSRP, however, he has (3) SGT on the lot now, and has marked the Shelby add on at $9890, $2500 over actual cost. I'm really curious if and when my car gets here if he doesn't try to say that the MSRP for the Shelby package is $9890, trying to pick up $2500 over MSRP, which I intend doing just as you did. SEE YA!!

oilman, what color car are you waiting on and what options. im well back of MSRP. let me know if i can help. i have black 5spd that should be arriving at SAI anytime now.

thanks

michael

oilman, what color car are you waiting on and what options. im well back of MSRP. let me know if i can help. i have black 5spd that should be arriving at SAI anytime now.

thanks

michael

Thanks Michael - I ordered a black, IUP,theft, auto., I know AUTO.?, but I have (2) 6 spds. here and sometimes you just don't want to bother with the shifting and I plan on using this car more often than not as opposed to my others. The car shows as "arrived at Shelby" past 4-5 weeks at least, and the VIN does show up on dealer's Inv.., just NO car! I'll wait until 25th -end of month, if still no car, get back deposit and move on. Thanks again!

CMatt - Well I think your on the right track. If I could do it again here is what I'd do: #1 priority order a S/C ! Then you have a car!!!!!! I mean my SGT is nice but it needs a SC to be the right car. Without the SC everybody will love it but you'll always be thinking , man I should have got the SC. Not a day goes by when I don't think that. :)

Come on guys, don't give up!

Matt, come out to SAI with me next week. It will get you all fired up again. It's not too late. A couple hundred dollar flight, a cheap hotel, some cheap food and you're at the second best place in the world to be, hanging with the people who have the second best jobs in the world. Of course the first would be Playboy and Hefner, respectively.

You guys have been valuable contributors to this forum and I'm sure have helped many people; including myself. Giving up now will not only disappoint both of you when ever you see any Mustang or Shelby on the street. Plus, you'll disappoint many of us who have grown into Shelby Nut Cases just like you. Your enthusiasm has rubbed off onto all of us.

Think of the rewards. Think of all the tough things you've done in your lives and how you've overcome them all. This is just a waiting issue; no lives lost, no hearts broken, no physical pain – it's only psychological. You can do it! It's only a few more days/weeks.

Remember what Carnegie (I think it was he) said: The road to success is the toughest one traveled.

YOU CAN DO IT!

And I'm with you all the way. I just learned that my car will be delayed a few more weeks. I can do it. It's only psychological. I've persevered through much tougher things in my life.

WE CAN DO IT!

WE CAN DO IT!

WE CAN DO IT!

Thanks Michael - I ordered a black, IUP,theft, auto., I know AUTO.?, but I have (2) 6 spds. here and sometimes you just don't want to bother with the shifting and I plan on using this car more often than not as opposed to my others. The car shows as "arrived at Shelby" past 4-5 weeks at least, and the VIN does show up on dealer's Inv.., just NO car! I'll wait until 25th -end of month, if still no car, get back deposit and move on. Thanks again!

Believe me, the car is worth the wait. I have other performance vehicles as well, but I always seem to direct my attention to my SGT #273 when I go into the garage. :rolleyes:

I'm kinda tired of waiting also. Of course, Ford and SAI have my money so I can't back out...maybe that's why mine is just languishing.... :(

I'm kinda tired of waiting also. Of course, Ford and SAI have my money so I can't back out...maybe that's why mine is just languishing.... :(

ADAM,

What day are you going to SAI? Are you doing the tour? Please gather as much intel as possible and look for #187. :P

I'll be there Friday the 18th. Looking forward to it. I am doing the tour and more. Will gather info but based on some of the recent forum contributors, I don't think I'll be able to promulgate that info though. But I'll mention what they allow me to.

Will look for your car too and give an upate.

You should come out that day as well. It should be a short drive for you, right?

Archived