TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Classic Design Concepts Hood Struts

Crucible

I entered a car show this past Sunday (Best in Class, btw) and a guy with an 06 GT had hood struts in place of the stupid bar. So yesterday I installed them on my SGT (0360) in about 10 minutes and they make all the difference in the world. The hood even opens up a little further. At 90 bucks, it's worth it.

I entered a car show this past Sunday (Best in Class, btw) and a guy with an 06 GT had hood struts in place of the stupid bar. So yesterday I installed them on my SGT (0360) in about 10 minutes and they make all the difference in the world. The hood even opens up a little further. At 90 bucks, it's worth it.

Crucible, did these look like they were polished aluminum? If so, I saw them and you're correct, they open more.

Do you have a link?

The struts are black and the brackets are polished aluminum. The link is www.classicdesignconcepts.com

With the hood struts from classic design concepts, does it make it harder to close the hood? I'd be concerned that they might cause the pins from the hood locks not to align properly with the holes in the hood itself. What has been your experience?

Of course there is always:

http://shelbyautos.com/parts/ShowDetail.asp?id=88

Stainless Steel Hood Prop Rod

New from Shelby, Stainless Steel Hood Prop Rod! Adds style to the first thing people see when they open your hood. It has a Highly polished Stainless Steel construction, and includes mounting bracket.

But I do like the idea of the struts better!

Are they chrome or stainless? Both are mentioned. I was surprised that they werent on the car to be honest. It was one of those little things I was hoping got changed on the Shelby GT. No big deal though. I want to order a set and not deal with the rod. Matt you having any luck finding a car?

I assume to mount the struts you have to drill holes int he inner hood and engine bay ? I'm not sure if I want to drill any holes in my car.

There is no drilling required. The fender attachment point bolts into the last fender/wheelwell bolt hole and the hood attachment points bolt into the existing hood hinge holes. The entire job took me 10 minutes.

With the hood struts from classic design concepts, does it make it harder to close the hood? I'd be concerned that they might cause the pins from the hood locks not to align properly with the holes in the hood itself. What has been your experience?

No problem at all.

Archived