TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thanks For TheHelp

dmather

I want to thank everyone on this forum for giving me an education on these cars. I have been reading it quite intently for the last 5 weeks. I purchased #1274 one week ago. This is going to be a FUN car. So far, just a few minor issues. They have been resolved easily. Vintage iron is cool, but this car is really fun to drive! thanks all

Hello and welcome. I am a newbie here myself. Hope you're enjoying the car as much as I am mine!

Pretty soon you will be having conversations like me and my wife yesterday.

Her: (General Chit-Chat then suddenly) OH S#@T!

ME: What?

Her: I just passed a cop and I was speeding.

Me: How fast?

Her: 70. Speed limit is 60 and he was looking right at me. Why aint this thing working? (referring to radar detector - I hear her plug it in) Well, he's not moving.

Me: That's good. You wern't speeding that much.

Her: (Starting chit-chat again) - Wait a minute, here he comes. *sigh* I'll call you back.

.................A few minutes pass and the phone rings..............

Her: Whew! He got someone else.

Oh so many close calls with the law in the Shelby. It does not like the speed limit. Anyway, ENJOY!

My wife and I bought the car locally and got a pretty fair deal. We not really interested until the dealer started talking close to MSRP. Have dealt with him before and he is a pretty good guy; very small and rural dealership. The car is black with 5 speed, no other options. I did talk the dealer into installing theInterior Upgrade steering wheel. it looks very nice. I figure for the price, you should at least have a leather covered steering wheel! we have been having a great time with the car. Went to visit friends on Sunday. It was Chinese Firedrill the whole way. You know....I want yo drive..Wife wants to drive...I want to drive....and so it goes.I echo other comments... the car does not want to be driven slow! So far ,no Speeding tickets! It sure does atttract lots of attention. Fun to watch peoples reactions. Future plans for the car? ....not sure yet. maybe some visual mods ... maybe some minor engine mods. We both would like to try some open track events..... mostly just for fun. Well, got to go put gas in the car and go for a ride!

Archived