TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Premium Fuel

Shelby-Don

I know with the Shelby flash on the computer requires us to run premiuim fuel, but what octane do they recommend ? Where I live most gas stations offer 2 grades of unleaded regular (87 octane) and premium (89 octane), is the 89 octane OK ? There are few stations around that offer 3 grades with the highest being 91 octane. My question is will my car run fine on the 89 octane ? If not than my choice of gas stations has dropped to maybe 2 in the town I live in.

Soory for the double post, I received an error when I posted but it added it anyway.

I know with the Shelby flash on the computer requires us to run premiuim fuel, but what octane do they recommend ? Where I live most gas stations offer 2 grades of unleaded regular (87 octane) and premium (89 octane), is the 89 octane OK ? There are few stations around that offer 3 grades with the highest being 91 octane. My question is will my car run fine on the 89 octane ? If not than my choice of gas stations has dropped to maybe 2 in the town I live in.

Soory for the double post, I received an error when I posted but it added it anyway.

don, check on the inside of your gas door to see what the octane rating is jonathan

In reading this thread, my question is (don't flame me!), can the car be reflashed so that it can run on regular fuel again? I realize that would loose a little HP, but would it really be noticable in the real everyday driving world?

In reading this thread, my question is (don't flame me!), can the car be reflashed so that it can run on regular fuel again? I realize that would loose a little HP, but would it really be noticable in the real everyday driving world?

I looked at mine today again and it says 91 + octain, jonathan

.....how many of theose Hertz renters paid extra for the 91 octane gas when they refilled during their rentals?

Yeah really, I wonder!

Does anyone know?

I wouldn't worry about re-flashing it to stock calibration. The Shelby calibration is optimized for 91 octane. If it senses pinging from lower octane fuel, the computer will retard the timing.

robin

Would long term usage of regular fuel cause damage?

i don't think I would notice the difference in everyday driving (slow commuting, etc.), but, I would want the 93 in the tank when autocrossing or on the track.

Archived