TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help from Shelby Owners

I recently received my 2007 GT500 and I was wondering if getting the Super Snake upgrade would help/hurt or not affect the value of the car. Please tell me if you think it will make it more valuable or not based off of your experiences.

Thanks a lot,

D Paden

I recently received my 2007 GT500 and I was wondering if getting the Super Snake upgrade would help/hurt or not affect the value of the car. Please tell me if you think it will make it more valuable or not based off of your experiences.

Thanks a lot,

D Paden

I use to collect coins years ago and I know price is determined by condition and quantity. Now with that being said if you can buy a car for $45K it should be worth $45K. If you buy a car for $45K and add $15K worth of upgrades from a specialty car maker such as Shelby I would say it would be worth $60K. If they are $15K after market parts from NAPA then I'm not sure.

Looking ahead into the future I would think it would be worth a lot more than a stock factory Shelby.

Paden,

Only time will tell if this will work out to be an investment. Most would agree that when you add SS you will be increasing the desirability of this car. There will only be 1000 (if they sell out for 07) of 9000 (if they make that many)

If you are not getting the SS to enjoy the added performance, you will be missing the main reason this package was developed.

Paden,

Only time will tell if this will work out to be an investment. Most would agree that when you add SS you will be increasing the desirability of this car. There will only be 1000 (if they sell out for 07) of 9000 (if they make that many)

If you are not getting the SS to enjoy the added performance, you will be missing the main reason this package was developed.

I am going to SAI next Thurs to talk with them about the SS. I may be taking a chance adding the SS with the 725+hp with no warranty, but I will not be driving the car everyday. I could be wrong but, I feel 5 years down the road I think a regular GT500 will depreciate quite a bit, but with the SS upgrade , I'm hoping it holds its value better. I've convinced myself with that logic, now if only my wife could see it that way!

I am going to SAI next Thurs to talk with them about the SS. I may be taking a chance adding the SS with the 725+hp with no warranty, but I will not be driving the car everyday. I could be wrong but, I feel 5 years down the road I think a regular GT500 will depreciate quite a bit, but with the SS upgrade , I'm hoping it holds its value better. I've convinced myself with that logic, now if only my wife could see it that way!

I did the same thing this past week. Spent several hours with John Walker. He was great and answered all of my questions. I'm currently on the list for the 40th Anniversary. When the call comes for a deposit, everyone on the list will have several options. In all probability I'll be getting the 40th with the SS performance upgrades. The upside logic being the potential for only 1000 40th versus the potential for 2000 SS. Downside logic is the distinct appearance of the SS. So many choices.

I did the same thing this past week. Spent several hours with John Walker. He was great and answered all of my questions. I'm currently on the list for the 40th Anniversary. When the call comes for a deposit, everyone on the list will have several options. In all probability I'll be getting the 40th with the SS performance upgrades. The upside logic being the potential for only 1000 40th versus the potential for 2000 SS. Downside logic is the distinct appearance of the SS. So many choices.

I'm in the same boat with you, on both lists. I'm still not sure what I'll do. It depends on pricing to a certain point. Resale wise, I think the SS be worth the most in the long run. It's all about the HP. Look at the values of classic muscle cars, it's always the most powerful version that's worth the most.

Also of note, I beleive there could be fewer Super Snakes than you're thinking. To quote the current issue of Motor Trend; "Shelby says the Super Snake will be in even shorter supply than the GT500KR".

How do you get on a list to have this done when you have no clue of cost? Does anyone even have a range for the 3 options? Sounds like it could range 5-15K. I might be interested but having no idea of cost I am not going to put my name on the list if I won't back up my commitment.

How do you get on a list to have this done when you have no clue of cost? Does anyone even have a range for the 3 options? Sounds like it could range 5-15K. I might be interested but having no idea of cost I am not going to put my name on the list if I won't back up my commitment.

Getting on the list for the SS pachage doesn't cost you anything until SAI has the price, then they will contact you, inform you of the cost and ask for a deposit. You can wait if you want, but you run the risk of all the spots getting filled B4 SAI has the price and then you're out... :(

I e-mailed Bud at SAI last week (5/3) and he replied within 10 hours saying that I was on the list for the SS package; you can also contact John, here are their e-mails:

BudM@shelbyautos.com

JohnW@shelbyautos.com

Cheers,

WP

Getting on the list for the SS pachage doesn't cost you anything until SAI has the price, then they will contact you, inform you of the cost and ask for a deposit. You can wait if you want, but you run the risk of all the spots getting filled B4 SAI has the price and then you're out... :(

I e-mailed Bud at SAI last week (5/3) and he replied within 10 hours saying that I was on the list for the SS package; you can also contact John, here are their e-mails:

BudM@shelbyautos.com

JohnW@shelbyautos.com

Cheers,

WP

I forgot something Silent Thunder, the cost of the parts alone for the SS are probably in the $8-9K range and that's SAI's cost... I think the SS package is going to be in the $15-18K range plus shipping to and from LV, so best to set $20K aside for this project.

I could be off some, but I'd rather be on the high side than the low.

WP

Archived