TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wheel sensors

switch

Those the wheels thier in your sig? Those look good on there................... :)

Thanks, they are the 20" Shelby Razors in gunmetal.. Christmas gift from my wife. I don't even know what she paid for them, but she's good shopper. I wrote out a list of what I was going to get for the car for 2008 and she picked the wheels and tires. Now I am looking at upgrading the braking system.

ok....

when i got a low tire pressure warning only the idiot light comes on...it doesnt tell me which tire it is

some of us dont have IUP <_<

i dont think the sensors need reprogramming on a simple tire rotation if all 4 wheels and tires are the same. wouldnt make any sense to have to do it since not all cars are equipped with IUP.

and to think...up untill just 4 months ago when i bought this car i never had or needed tire pressure sensors till now. :rolleyes:

is there a way to deactivate the TPMS on your car so you wont have to mess with any of it?

i bet my mechanic would be relieved.

ok i'm goin to copy this so i can cut and paste it just incase my webpage expires and loses everything i just typed up <_<

i want to wrap one of those sensor straps around the neck of the person who invented the TPMS and reprogram his pea brain....

ok i feel better now :)

Thanks, they are the 20" Shelby Razors in gunmetal.. Christmas gift from my wife. I don't even know what she paid for them, but she's good shopper. I wrote out a list of what I was going to get for the car for 2008 and she picked the wheels and tires. Now I am looking at upgrading the braking system.

how do u put a pic in your signature. i wanna display my shelby...nice wheels by the way

I read through the above posts and still have a dumb question.

I am planning on buying new wheels/tires with in the next month or so. I plan on having a set of winter and a set of summer wheels/tires. When I switch sets do I need to have the sensor reprogrammed or as long as I have the sensor programmed once its ok, as long as I have the bands/sensors installed/programmed in each of the 4 new wheels? I do see above where it stated "NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation" but does this only store information for 4 tires?

Hope your not too confused by my post, as I am.

Thanks

ok....

when i got a low tire pressure warning only the idiot light comes on...it doesnt tell me which tire it is

some of us dont have IUP <_<

The one and only time my TPMS threw a code, it did not indicate which tire. I had to check all four manually, and I do have the IUP...So, I don't know where this tidbit originates, maybe there was a message center upgrade for '08? Maybe a cut back in features from '06? Shrug...Dunno.

I took my sensors and put them in a pipe capped and pressured it up 50lbs, put it in my detail bag and forgot about them, took the bag out and went to the beach and the light came on and had to hit the reset button.

now the light comes on again even with pipe back in trunk, so now I have to push the reset button everytime I start it, Its really no big deal to me.

Any reason you didn't install the sensors on your new wheels? I heard you can get the bands pretty cheap from discount tires.

I had bought some 20' gunmetal razors and after 1 week took them off and sold them, then i bought the 18' bullits love them and now I will buy some 18' CS66 Wheels and tires and swap them once in a while. too much trouble switching sensors

I purchased the new bands from Ford. My local shop sponsors our club, so I got a good discount and still paid $181 out the door for a set of 20" bands. The shop pulled off the wheels and tires and got them installed. After that, I took it to a friend at the local Ford dealership for programming. Guess what, they didn't need it. No more codes either. :)

I purchased the new bands from Ford. My local shop sponsors our club, so I got a good discount and still paid $181 out the door for a set of 20" bands. The shop pulled off the wheels and tires and got them installed. After that, I took it to a friend at the local Ford dealership for programming. Guess what, they didn't need it. No more codes either. :)

Good to hear!

Did you use the original sensor's that came with the car?

just spreadin that Shelby love buddy.......................... :)

Wouldn't have it any other way. :D

When they changed my wheels for polished ones off an 08 on the lot, mine was throwing a Tire Pressure Monitor Fault display on the dash after i drove about 20 miles. Also the low pressure warning light would flash on start up. Originally when they did the swap they did not reprogram the sensors. Apparently the guy that did the swap didn't realize it needed to be done. I took it back and they reprogrammed the sensors and after about 20 miles the same thing happened again. Took it back, and it turned out that the sensor on the right front wheel was bad. They replaced it and i haven't had a problem since.

I asked them if they could go in to the computer and disable the TPMS. They said if they got caught it's a $6,000 fine. So i asked if i wrote them a check for $6,000 would they do it. He said that's about what it amounts to. Decided to pass on that idea. :lol:

For anyone changing to a larger diameter wheel you can buy universal bands here http://www.americanmuscle.com/universal-tpms-bands.html a lot cheaper than Ford.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :D

When they changed my wheels for polished ones off an 08 on the lot, mine was throwing a Tire Pressure Monitor Fault display on the dash after i drove about 20 miles. Also the low pressure warning light would flash on start up. Originally when they did the swap they did not reprogram the sensors. Apparently the guy that did the swap didn't realize it needed to be done. I took it back and they reprogrammed the sensors and after about 20 miles the same thing happened again. Took it back, and it turned out that the sensor on the right front wheel was bad. They replaced it and i haven't had a problem since.

I asked them if they could go in to the computer and disable the TPMS. They said if they got caught it's a $6,000 fine. So i asked if i wrote them a check for $6,000 would they do it. He said that's about what it amounts to. Decided to pass on that idea. :lol:

For anyone changing to a larger diameter wheel you can buy universal bands here http://www.americanmuscle.com/universal-tpms-bands.html a lot cheaper than Ford.

Right on! :)

Thanks for the link.........

You said you don't have IUP?

Mine has IUP Ed, it's the only option i ordered it with. I don't like a vehicle without gauges, especially a performance car.

Does yours have an audible chime when the low pressure fault occures? Its been stated here in this thread that it does not but, mine does. It has 6 loud (Ding, Ding, Ding's) and then the IPC shows the fault ie: Low pressure indicator ect...

Does yours do that?

Does yours have an audible chime when the low pressure fault occures? Its been stated here in this thread that it does not but, mine does. It has 6 loud (Ding, Ding, Ding's) and then the IPC shows the fault ie: Low pressure indicator ect...

Does yours do that?

I don't remember hearing anything.

Archived