TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT car covers

switch

Looking to purchase a car cover for indoors, looking for a soft fabric material that won't scratch. Anyone have any luck with one? Thanks.

Ford has a cover that I saw in real life that has a shelby logo on the back. It fit the car very nicely.

You can find it under the ford website.

Looking to purchase a car cover for indoors, looking for a soft fabric material that won't scratch. Anyone have any luck with one? Thanks.

We are working on a nice car car at the moment. We should have some info real soon!!!!!

Bud

• 4 weeks later...

We are working on a nice car car at the moment. We should have some info real soon!!!!!

Bud

Bud,

Any new developments on the car cover you mentioned here from SAI ? When I get my car (hint, hint) I'd like to keep her covered and clean. Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

has any one seen any car covers that bud has been talking about???

bud any news for us

Got a Wolf indoor car cover from JC Whitney custom fit for the Mustang and it seems like a nice product. Has mirror pockets and fits very well. I did some research and they got some good reviews.

If you are looking for quality car covers check this link. I have been utilizing this company for years. Always prompt shipping (drop shipped from factory) very reasonalble pricing and custom embroidery avalibe to personalize.

I have utilized, exclusively, the Covercraft Evolution 4 covers with great success. It also offers good accidental bump protection. They do carry an array of covers and it can get confusing but, there are very through exlinations on intended use.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/10A50166.aspx

Hope this gives you some options.

Check out detailingdynamics.com he is a local shop and I bought a Strectch Satin Indoor car cover. Check attachmentpost-2504-1145159257_thumb.jpg

Got a Wolf indoor car cover from JC Whitney custom fit for the Mustang and it seems like a nice product. Has mirror pockets and fits very well. I did some research and they got some good reviews.

SMGT,

I just called JC Whitney, I was looking at the Wolf Car Covers/Noah on their website, it duznt have a spoiler delete and the only Mustang Model designated is the regular GT.

Customer Service said they dont make one yet specifically made for our SGT'S. My concern is that the standard GT cover will fall short of covering my lowered front & rear,

Which one did you get?

How does it fit?

Does it cover the front & rear properly?

Do you have a spoiler?

Or does the cover sag in the back where the spoiler would have been?

your help is appreciated.

MWS

I actually just bought my cover through the local AutoZone for $70-$80. It's more of a universal cover but it's a soft material and covers everything except the tail pipes. The only thing I don't like about it is I had to cut a hole for the antenna and now it's torn bigger than when I started since I can never get it aligned just right everytime. Of course we only use it when storms are coming since the car stays covered in a carport.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for quality car covers check this link. I have been utilizing this company for years. Always prompt shipping (drop shipped from factory) very reasonalble pricing and custom embroidery avalibe to personalize.

I have utilized, exclusively, the Covercraft Evolution 4 covers with great success. I have just orderd one in the Gray color for #5322. It also offers good accidental bump protection. They do carry an array of covers and it can get confusing but, there are very through exlinations on intended use.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/10A50166.aspx

Hope this gives you some options.

Roger, which one is best?

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A20006A1.aspx

If you are strictly looking for an indoor cover I would recommend the Tan Flannel. This cover is the easiest and softest on the paint and offers dust protection. Brand name is not as important as it was years ago and most brands offer either the same or similar fabrics.

I have purchased only Covercraft outdoor covers. Even though I store inside. Reason being they offer more protection from accidental bump and potential scratches. The Evolution 4 is by far the best overall cover they make for the outdoor if you store indoors. If that makes sense. It is avalibe in 3 colors. There is a listing part number for the California Special. I have used this cover on a Z06 Corvette, Porsche Boxster, BMW M3 and my 04 Cobra. Just had a great deal of luck with them.

The covercraft site does a great job of listing usage and protection features. But breathability is very important. You do not want to trap moisture between the cover and the paint as well as softness to protect the paint when placing on or taking off the cover.

Hope that helps.

If you are strictly looking for an indoor cover I would recommend the Tan Flannel. This cover is the easiest and softest on the paint and offers dust protection. Brand name is not as important as it was years ago and most brands offer either the same or similar fabrics.

I have purchased only Covercraft outdoor covers. Even though I store inside. Reason being they offer more protection from accidental bump and potential scratches. The Evolution 4 is by far the best overall cover they make for the outdoor if you store indoors. If that makes sense. It is avalibe in 3 colors. I orderd a gray Evo 4 for the SGT and it is model specific. There is a listing part number for the California Special. I have used this cover on a Z06 Corvette, Porsche Boxster, BMW M3 and my 04 Cobra. Just had a great deal of luck with them.

The covercraft site does a great job of listing usage and protection features. But breathability is very important. You do not want to trap moisture between the cover and the paint as well as softness to protect the paint when placing on or taking off the cover.

Hope that helps.

I am considering the CoverKing car cover in the Stormproof style which can also be ordered for the CA Special body style which would fit our cars. I was kind of waiting to hear from SAI before ordering. Bud any news yet? Dave

http://www.coverking.com/customcarcovers.html

BUD

Sorry to be such a pain but as a owner of a new Shelby GT in Toronto Canada,

and winter on the way I would really appreciate if you could give us an update on the car cover.

My car will be in a garage but will have the cover on it while it awaits for next year

Thanks for all your help Jonathan

Bud,

Any word? My wife is bugging me about taking the top sheet to our bed off the car and putting it back on the bed espcially now that winter is on its way. Any info on the cover would be much appreciated. I dont see anything on the Shelby Parts site.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Saw on some website, which I can't find now, a car cover that also included a floor surface and then zipper closed. Anyone know of one like this and where it can be found. Do not want the inflatable bubble. Thanks

Here is the link you need (if you have not gotten it from others): http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A50302A1.aspx

BTW:

I did send an email to California Car Covers: http://www.calcarcover.com

"

There are a bunch of us looking for custom car covers for Ford Mustang “California Special Edition”, or Shelby GT, both or which share a different rear and front fascia than the standard GT. Thus far we’ve all come up empty and other car covers do not work for us. Any chance you guys are looking at this market? While you may be looking at a market potential of only 20K units these owners are more apt to be looking to protect their investment than a typical Mustang GT owner.

Thanks for your consideration!"

Maybe a letter writing campaign is in order?

BTW:

I did send an email to California Car Covers: http://www.calcarcover.com

"

There are a bunch of us looking for custom car covers for Ford Mustang “California Special Edition”, or Shelby GT, both or which share a different rear and front fascia than the standard GT. Thus far we’ve all come up empty and other car covers do not work for us. Any chance you guys are looking at this market? While you may be looking at a market potential of only 20K units these owners are more apt to be looking to protect their investment than a typical Mustang GT owner.

Thanks for your consideration!"

Maybe a letter writing campaign is in order?

That is a great idea that works! On stangsunleashed a member was lobbying Colagn for a front end mask and began a writing/e-mail campain and they have offered to provide anyone who brings in a CS or Shelby for a template fitting 50% off of thier mask. I know it was effective because I joined the e-mail group and received a return message that I would be on the contact list when they do produce the mask. They were just waiting for the first car to show up at thier facility in Cali to begin production.

That is a great idea that works! On stangsunleashed a member was lobbying Colagn for a front end mask and began a writing/e-mail campain and they have offered to provide anyone who brings in a CS or Shelby for a template fitting 50% off of thier mask. I know it was effective because I joined the e-mail group and received a return message that I would be on the contact list when they do produce the mask. They were just waiting for the first car to show up at thier facility in Cali to begin production.

I made the post on Stangs Unleashed and Colgan offered to give 50% off on the front end cover to whom ever would bring their SGT to Colgan to be measured. BUT TO DATE NO ONE HAS CALLED OR GONE TO COLGAN IN IRVINE CA. PLEASE, SOMEONE, TAKE YOUR SGT TO COLGAN SO EVERYONE NATIONWIDE CAN OBTAIN A BRA FOR THE SGT. THE EMAIL CAMPAIGN SHOWS WE DO HAVE POWER WHEN REQUESTING COMPANIES BUILD PRODUCTS FOR OUR VEHICLES. I TOLD COLGAN, AND OTHERS, THAT SHELBY OWNERS ARE MORE LIKELY TO SPEND ADDITIONAL MONEY TO PROTECT OUR VEHICLES THAN OTHER OWNERS. PLEASE SOMEONE CALL MARITZA AT COLGAN, IRVINE CA TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT YOUR CONVENIENCE TO HAVE YOUR CAR MEASURED. WOULD PROBABLY ONLY TAKE 15 MINUTES. 1-800-447-2727. AND YES, UNITED AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHER, ALONG WITH THE INTERNET, WE DO HAVE POWER TO GET THINGS DONE. THANK YOU

Here you go everyone. Looking for a car custom fit car cover for your SGT......................they have them for the California Special facia in coupe or vert with many fabric options and colors. I just ordered a Red and Black cover.

http://www.coverkingcarcovers.com/

Ordered from here..........cheapest pricing on the net and several fabric options from about $100 up.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/coverking-carcovers.asp

Archived