TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mileage

autoplay

My wife recently purchased an SGT,and I wanna say shes had it for a month.

It has almost 1200 miles on it. I'm considering taking her keys and/or pull the coil wire on it,as she drives it wayyyy too much.....and she's tellin me stories bout being parked at a bank etc,and people takin pics of it.

I think she would be much better off using a MOPED,and saving the driving miles on the SGT,for I,when I retire.

What you'all think?

It has almost 1200 miles on it. I'm considering taking her keys and/or pull the coil wire on it,as she drives it wayyyy too much.....and she's tellin me stories bout being parked at a bank etc,and people takin pics of it.

I think she would be much better off using a MOPED,and saving the driving miles on the SGT,for I,when I retire.

What you'all think?

I think you need to leave your wife alone and let her drive that thing ! :D

But I was at the bank yesterday for real lol..and some kid was taking pictures of it !

You have a long time to retire..you have to pay for your wife's car :)

Proud owner of 545 !

Let her drive the wheels off it. Thats what they were built for. I know it is nice to have a low mileage, rare car, but think about the trade off. 20 years from now which will be better, having great driving stories to pass along or telling people that the car won't run anymore because it stayed in the garage and all the hoses and wires dry rotted?

What you'all think?

Hmmmmm,

Would you rather her drive it and be happy allowing you to have access to it whenever you want and y'all retire and cruise the country in it

or

Take it away and make her unhappy, she leaves and gets the car anyway and then her 22 y.o. Latin stud gets to drive it whenever he wants?

I'm just saying...... :lol:

The new will wear off and the world will be right again.

Drive it!

Unless you have $40,000 to let sit in your garage..

All along I have been trying to figure out why people buy new Mustangs and let them sit for 30 years.. Is it so you can make big bucks at a Barrett-Jackson auction? Or be some old fart at a Mustang show with the super low mileage Mustang?

Mine already has 900 miles on it- in about a month.

My reason for driving:

*As long as I am making payments, I am going to drive it.

*I am not about to go spend any more money on another car to drive

*The only alternative transportation I have is a diesel F350.. real fun to park.. and the 15 mpg is great! :unsure:

*Who knows how long I am going to keep the car. I dont want someone else to buy the car from me with low mileage, just so they can enjoy it.

*If I do keep it for a long time, I am looking forward to taking it apart in 20 years.

And most of all.. All the attention the car attracts- the looks and stares, well quite honestly, money can't buy that..

Enjoy.. :rolleyes:

Drive it!

Unless you have $40,000 to let sit in your garage..

All along I have been trying to figure out why people buy new Mustangs and let them sit for 30 years.. Is it so you can make big bucks at a Barrett-Jackson auction? Or be some old fart at a Mustang show with the super low mileage Mustang?

Mine already has 900 miles on it- in about a month.

My reason for driving:

*As long as I am making payments, I am going to drive it.

*I am not about to go spend any more money on another car to drive

*The only alternative transportation I have is a diesel F350.. real fun to park.. and the 15 mpg is great! :unsure:

*Who knows how long I am going to keep the car. I dont want someone else to buy the car from me with low mileage, just so they can enjoy it.

*If I do keep it for a long time, I am looking forward to taking it apart in 20 years.

And most of all.. All the attention the car attracts- the looks and stares, well quite honestly, money can't buy that..

Enjoy.. :rolleyes:

+ 1 couldn't have said it any better

Archived