TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 no sells at manheim.

interceptor

I will have to remember this post when I talk to the Hertz franchise owner next month. Definately help out my cause on getting #362. :D

cars with good miles and good shape are still bringing 46-48k, watched them at the sale and looked them up on manheim. high miles are going to kill these cars.

michael

I agree on the high mileage cars killing the prices now, but in the long run I believe the cars will rebound considering the low volume prodeuced (not to mention how many have been totalled). Even with the high miles now, most will only be show cars and driven sparingly by the new owners I would guess, wanting to keep them as an investment making them low miles cars in the near future.

I agree on the high mileage cars killing the prices now, but in the long run I believe the cars will rebound considering the low volume prodeuced (not to mention how many have been totalled). Even with the high miles now, most will only be show cars and driven sparingly by the new owners I would guess, wanting to keep them as an investment making them low miles cars in the near future.

your right, no matter how many miles these cars have there is only 500 ever built. sold one wed and sold one today. both close to 49k. so they are still bringing top dollar for nice cars.

michael

I would love to own one.........It's hard to believe that they aren't selling at auction.

I haven't had a chance to look, but what is the kelly blue book on these cars? Is it less then what dealers are asking for these car's on lots? If the car book's for say 30K, and dealers are trying to move them for 50k, I don't see a bank loaning 20k over resale value on these cars. I know my credit union will only loan kelly blue book on cars. Nothing more.

I would love to own one.........It's hard to believe that they aren't selling at auction.

I haven't had a chance to look, but what is the kelly blue book on these cars? Is it less then what dealers are asking for these car's on lots? If the car book's for say 30K, and dealers are trying to move them for 50k, I don't see a bank loaning 20k over resale value on these cars. I know my credit union will only loan kelly blue book on cars. Nothing more.

They are specialty cars and are not listed except as a plain jane Mustang GT.

i posted earlier that we have sold five, but the funny thing is i dont think anyone financed them? i might have to go back and look.

i sold friend of mine a Parnelle Jones mustang a month or so ago and that proably came up. they made him put a boat load of money down. they wanted to use cost of the mustang and not add for the Saleen package.

by the way that is a cool car that PJ edition.

michael

Has your friend taken delivery on the PJ yet? That is definitely a cool car . . .

yea, i took it to columbus OH about a month or so ago. i took it up on a trailor for him. he had it sitting in his shop undriven until a few days ago. i think it has 20 miles on it now. rick is going to put it up and just look at it. he has a bunch of shelbys and boss 9s and 302s.

michael

The rental Shelbys are certainly desireable but a rental car driven by 75 different people and most likely beat on non stop is not any indicator on how these will do compared to the privately owned GT 500 even if 20 times more were built. ;)

No matter what happens now, these will be among the cars that, in 20 or 30 years, people will look back and say "man, I could've / should've bought one of those and held onto it!!" and they will be valuable.

Archived