TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT Convertable

Glenn Greenwell

Okay,

I've noticed that the SAI staff for the most part have had to back off on their posts and this is very understandable as they are up to their ears building god knows what and there is absolutely no telling what type of super secret projects (black book mustangs) they are prototyping at night away from cameras.

But as loyal fans, you can tell us. If your going to build a Shelby GT-H Convertable, it's only logical that a Shelby GT Convertable Mustang would be next as you'll have all the bugs worked out on the Hertz cars.

You've got no telling how many posititve and negative comments on the current model. So you know what everyone liked and disliked.

Why not go ahead and give us a hint of what is in the mill. I'd like to see the next Shelby Mustang be a convertable with the GT Appearance Package Hood Scoop, didn't car for the bolt on hood and with a rear spoiler, either a GT Wing or CS old style duck tail type. Some fog lights somewhere should be standard either in the grill close together or similar to the ones SAI has posted. Needs better floor mats, the interior upgrade engine dress up package, signature carpets, signature head rests, redline tires, "CS logo" Bud discussed on the back and possibly on the side dropping the powered by ford. And somebody should be able to do the Shelby Style tail lights for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well these are just my thoughts, this is not a complaint, but would like to see more SAI staff post and interact as most of us really enjoy hearing from you.

I'm really struggling with buying a GT 500, but the ADM is just to high and we didn't go as far as we should have on the Shelby Mustang, but it is a great car and learning experience. I would spring for a convertable.

Just my thoughts..........

GG

I was exactly like you before driving the SGT. Not enough HP change to warrant another $10K, not enough this not enough that waawaaawaaa. But after I test drove the Mustang Gt and it had NO low end I could not buy that car period. Then I drove the SGT, a totally different car, low end pull to the max and pulls like no other Gt Mustang ever felt. I was going to buy the GT500 but after i drove the SGT I bought the car. I have never had a moment of dipleasure. Drive it and if you can afford it, you'll buy it. If you can not afford it no matter what anyone says, you'll just wait until one day you can.

I was exactly like you before driving the SGT. Not enough HP change to warrant another $10K, not enough this not enough that waawaaawaaa. But after I test drove the Mustang Gt and it had NO low end I could not buy that car period. Then I drove the SGT, a totally different car, low end pull to the max and pulls like no other Gt Mustang ever felt. I was going to buy the GT500 but after i drove the SGT I bought the car. I have never had a moment of dipleasure. Drive it and if you can afford it, you'll buy it. If you can not afford it no matter what anyone says, you'll just wait until one day you can.

i drove our first SGT when i came in. i was very surprised at how well the car ran, sure feels like more than 19 hps

michael

Okay,

I've noticed that the SAI staff for the most part have had to back off on their posts and this is very understandable as they are up to their ears building god knows what and there is absolutely no telling what type of super secret projects (black book mustangs) they are prototyping at night away from cameras.

Well these are just my thoughts, this is not a complaint, but would like to see more SAI staff post and interact as most of us really enjoy hearing from you.

Just my thoughts..........

GG

I'm sorry , I can't hear you, I'm up to my ears with all this work and cool stuff :lol:

At this point, I have not heard anything about a SGT vert. It would be cool though. But you can never tell from one day to another what might come out of our place.--Well---sorry, I can't go there yet :o But, if and when I get a go ahead to post a sneak peak, believe me, I will!!!!!!!

As for posting, I try to do as much as I can. I do follow these boards alot. And I know how important it is to all of you that you have the correct information as soon as possible. That's why I am here. Here is my normal work day. I am up at 3:30am Get ready for work. Start at 5am (I do my east coast calls then and work on the Super Snake stuff) I work my orders and try to answer as many emails I can do before 8am. Now, at 8am, thats when the phones start ringing--and never stop LOL During all of that time, I periodically check the boards. This goes on till 3:30pm. I go home. When home, I jump right back onto line and check my Shelby emails first. Then I go back to the boards. I normally stay on till around 6:30pm I take a little break and back on around 8pm or so. Sometimes I'll stay on till around 10pm. Then off to bed to start it all over at 3:30am. Now, on the weekends, its about the same routine. Up at 3:30am (internal clock thingy LOL). Stay on for a few hours. Take a break. Come back on miday for a few hours, then back on later in the day.

Now you might be asking "why do I do all of that?" Well, one reason---YOU!!!!!!!! I love this job and LOVE what I am doing. They say if you love your job, then its not a job. So I do not mind all of the hours I put in for you guys and gals. I have said this many times before, if you need anything, please drop me a line. I will always get back to you--it may not be right then and there, but I will!!!!! And I do read alot of the posts and when I see any ideas brought up, I do take then inot consideration and do forward them to see if they can become reality!!!!!!!!!

Bud

I'm sorry , I can't hear you, I'm up to my ears with all this work and cool stuff :lol:

At this point, I have not heard anything about a SGT vert. It would be cool though. But you can never tell from one day to another what might come out of our place.--Well---sorry, I can't go there yet :o But, if and when I get a go ahead to post a sneak peak, believe me, I will!!!!!!!

As for posting, I try to do as much as I can. I do follow these boards alot. And I know how important it is to all of you that you have the correct information as soon as possible. That's why I am here. Here is my normal work day. I am up at 3:30am Get ready for work. Start at 5am (I do my east coast calls then and work on the Super Snake stuff) I work my orders and try to answer as many emails I can do before 8am. Now, at 8am, thats when the phones start ringing--and never stop LOL During all of that time, I periodically check the boards. This goes on till 3:30pm. I go home. When home, I jump right back onto line and check my Shelby emails first. Then I go back to the boards. I normally stay on till around 6:30pm I take a little break and back on around 8pm or so. Sometimes I'll stay on till around 10pm. Then off to bed to start it all over at 3:30am. Now, on the weekends, its about the same routine. Up at 3:30am (internal clock thingy LOL). Stay on for a few hours. Take a break. Come back on miday for a few hours, then back on later in the day.

Now you might be asking "why do I do all of that?" Well, one reason---YOU!!!!!!!! I love this job and LOVE what I am doing. They say if you love your job, then its not a job. So I do not mind all of the hours I put in for you guys and gals. I have said this many times before, if you need anything, please drop me a line. I will always get back to you--it may not be right then and there, but I will!!!!! And I do read alot of the posts and when I see any ideas brought up, I do take then inot consideration and do forward them to see if they can become reality!!!!!!!!!

Bud

i know that everytime i have emailed Bud he has gotten back to me very quick.

thanks for everything you do to help

michael

Bud

Bud Glad to hear that you love your job, I love mine too. Got my CS6 hood and pins and grill today. See if you can guess who it is. Thanks for your help, you must not be married.

Bud Glad to hear that you love your job, I love mine too. Got my CS6 hood and pins and grill today. See if you can guess who it is. Thanks for your help, you must not be married.

Great!!! I am glad they arrived!!!!!!!! If you need any help. LMK!!!!!!! And I know who this is :D

Oh, the married part. YUPPER!!!!!!!!! it will be 24 years on May 14th!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! But here's the catch. When I took this job, it came pretty quick. I moved from Cleveland, Oh last July. My wife stayed back home to tidy up all the loose ends and to try and sell the house As of this moment, its still not sold AND she is still in Cleveland :( But, the good news is, she is moving here this August YEEEEEHA!!!!!!! AND, she knows the type of work I do and my work ethics. The way I work will not differ much--except I may be going to bed ealier at night ;)

Take care all!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Bud

You guy's hiring?

I hope no one thought I was complaining, just would like to see a Shelby GT Vert for 08.

The cars are great, right now I just can't part with my 05 GT after all the mods I've done and it's like I want it.

Bud, are you really sure you, John, or Amy can't give us a sneak peak at the super secret 08 SGT Convertable? I mean if you can't trust the forum members, who can you trust...........

By the way I meant to make a comment about that car dealer guy Michael Morris, I offered him an arm and a leg and he still put his red stripe package GT on ebay and the last time I checked it was up to about a zillion dollars.

You know some of us really need to get a life and stay off these forums for a while, when was the next meeting I signed up for. You remember,

I'm addicted to Shelby's and I have a problem and I know it.

You know the drill, just my thoughts as always :) :) :)

Bud, you are absolutely the man (and John's pretty cool, too). If I ever have the opportunity to meet Carroll or Amy, I'll be sure to let them know that you guys deserve a raise. And feel free to show your appreciation for my nice comments by fast-tracking my S-GT when it arrives at SAI later this month...!

By the way I meant to make a comment about that car dealer guy Michael Morris, I offered him an arm and a leg and he still put his red stripe package GT on ebay and the last time I checked it was up to about a zillion dollars.

Next time try money. If you already have two of each, an extra arm and leg just get in the way. Although there have been times a third hand would have come in handy (pun intended).

Bud, after reading your schedule I'm seriously thinking SAI does not enforce drug testing. :D

Just got to say that I have had the "pleasure" of having to squinch up my rear on numerous occaissions when visiting various dealerships so as not to get completely...well, you know. Michael Morris just sold (sort of...I have a VIN, an agreed price, and a deposit down and am now waiting just like many of you...) me one from his "fleet" of S-GTs, and I can promise you that he's one of the good guys.

If any of you are interested in an S-GT, I believe that he has a few more left, and I HIGHLY recommend doing business with him. If there were more dealers like him, these boards would be half as full (less complaints), and no one would need to ever use a :angry: again.

If you just have to have a new GT500, well, they are still going for a nice premium everywhere. Either wait for the prices to come down some more, or clinch your teeth and take it...I'm sure that he'll be more gentle than most. :blink:

Just got to say that I have had the "pleasure" of having to squinch up my rear on numerous occaissions when visiting various dealerships so as not to get completely...well, you know. Michael Morris just sold (sort of...I have a VIN, an agreed price, and a deposit down and am now waiting just like many of you...) me one from his "fleet" of S-GTs, and I can promise you that he's one of the good guys.

If any of you are interested in an S-GT, I believe that he has a few more left, and I HIGHLY recommend doing business with him. If there were more dealers like him, these boards would be half as full (less complaints), and no one would need to ever use a :angry: again.

If you just have to have a new GT500, well, they are still going for a nice premium everywhere. Either wait for the prices to come down some more, or clinch your teeth and take it...I'm sure that he'll be more gentle than most. :blink:

your that MAN STAN, cant wait for you car to get here.

is been a pleasure

michael

hey GG

the car is getting alot of attention, i have had 15k over offered for it. i put it on ebay just to gauge the market, wanted to know if the red stripes might make if more valuable. its still has a few days left, so it should be fun to watch

michael

What a difference color makes, there is a white GT500 with red stripes on EBay, has been stuck at $50000.

The dealer in Texarkana, Texas has a white one ordered, there thinking 15K over, it will never bring that much, I would have only ordered them in black unless a customer prepaid for one.

Michael Morris had the right idea on his post to ebay on his red stripe package, maybe they will continue the option on the 2008 GT 500s

GG

Archived