TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SUPERSNAKES!!!!!!!!!!

The Mother of All New Gt500 Shelby's!! Shelby Unveils GT500 SuperSnake: 600-725++ HORSEPOWER!

SHELBY AUTOS AND FORD RACING TO BUILD 600-725+ HP STREET LEGAL SHELBY GT500 “SUPER SNAKES” ON PUMP GAS!!

Las Vegas – April 27, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

“My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars” said Carroll Shelby. “I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we’re giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance.”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car.

“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 “Super Snake” for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

“The name ‘Super Snake’ is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities.”

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:

• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque

• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

• Ford Racing performance exhaust system

• Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels

• Ford Racing short-throw shifter

• Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors

• Front brake cooling ducts

• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design

• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid

• 'Super Snake' vehicle badging

• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components

• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

About Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles in 200 markets across six continents. With more than 280,000 employees and more than 100 plants worldwide, the company’s core and affiliated automotive brands include Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Aston Martin and Mazda. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.fordvehicles.com. For more information regarding Ford Racing performance packs, visit www.fordracingparts.com.

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current Mustang. GO GET EM CARROLL!!!! :D This has GOT to make camaro and challenger ticked off,cause they have even released their cars yet!...lol :lol: Where do I sign up please? Please put me on the list! Can I get both pkgs. installed as I am getting the new KR as well and was just figuring while its being transformed into a KR over at SAI, can you also put the SuperSnake PKG. on as well? Or should I just order the Supersnake pkg. on the 2008 GT500? What are the EXACT differences between the new 2008 KR and the SuperSnake cars? Would a newKR with the SuperSnake pkg. be even be more unique and rarer? Also I live in upstate New York,will it be assembled in Vegas or will you also have a place in upstate NY? Thank you, John

gt500ss_800.jpg

i heard those rear vents are functional and actually provide airflow to the rear brakes I wonder how much that will be for us to do on our cars I would love that. Also anyone have any other pictures of the quarter window cover? I really dig it and want to see more shots of it. Think it will be functional?

• 1 month later...

There's a 1/2-pager (p. 30) on the Super Snake in the July, 2007 issue of Road & Track with a nice picture of one in black. I looked on their website to try to provide a link, but couldn't find it there... probaby because it wasn't a full article.

I just saw this on stangsunleashed.....

Well, as I said that I would, I am back to say that my assumptions were wrong. They were based on early information that aparantly did not factor in the unknown high cost of the CF hoods. At that time, the ballpark price for the SS package was quoted to be about $18,000.00, but the extreemly high production costs of the CF hoods added significantly to the package, and the bottom line is that ILSTANG'S posting is spot on, the offical price of the Super Snake Package is $27,995.00. One price, but variable H.P. based on the tune. 600 or 725 H.P. the price will be the same.

I hope this isn't true....I'm on the list but at this price I probably can't afford it !!!

hey Venom, how do you know that your getting a KR. im a ford dealer and they have not told us how they are giving allocation yet. has your dealer promised you one? be careful if he did because he might not get one. ford has said as of right now they will give the KR is a lottery. doesnt matter what size store or how many mustang you have sold, but this could change. just didnt want you to put a huge deposit down and then the dealer not get one and therefore you dont get one either.

just to let you know

michael morris

I just saw this on stangsunleashed.....

Well, as I said that I would, I am back to say that my assumptions were wrong. They were based on early information that aparantly did not factor in the unknown high cost of the CF hoods. At that time, the ballpark price for the SS package was quoted to be about $18,000.00, but the extreemly high production costs of the CF hoods added significantly to the package, and the bottom line is that ILSTANG'S posting is spot on, the offical price of the Super Snake Package is $27,995.00. One price, but variable H.P. based on the tune. 600 or 725 H.P. the price will be the same.

I hope this isn't true....I'm on the list but at this price I probably can't afford it !!!

Where are you and ILSTANG'S getting this $27,995.00 figure from? I'm on the SS list as well, but at $28K I'm OUT!!!! :( And probably a lot of other GT500 owners are out as well...

Where are you and ILSTANG'S getting this $27,995.00 figure from? I'm on the SS list as well, but at $28K I'm OUT!!!! :( And probably a lot of other GT500 owners are out as well...

It will be close to $28,000. I don't know if I can talk my wife into that!!!

dqron56

I saw it on Stangs unleashed web site.

I emailed Bud at Shelby autos after the post I left and asked him if that was correct pricing.

His response : :(

To: Lisa

Subject: RE: Super Snake package

Hi Lisa,

I have not heard the finale figure yet, but I do believe that either is correct or very close to it.

Bud

Bud Mahoney

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

702-942-7325, ext 114

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-932-6272

Budm@shelbyautos.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun 6/3/2007 1:48 AM

To: Bud Mahoney

Subject: Super Snake package

Bud,

I know you are very busy, but I just saw on stangsunleashed.com that the Super Snake package is $27,995.00 Could you confirm this pricing ?

dqron56

I saw it on Stangs unleashed web site.

I emailed Bud at Shelby autos after the post I left and asked him if that was correct pricing.

His response : :(

To: Lisa

Subject: RE: Super Snake package

Hi Lisa,

I have not heard the finale figure yet, but I do believe that either is correct or very close to it.

Bud

Bud Mahoney

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

702-942-7325, ext 114

702-683-7096 cell number

Fax 702-932-6272

Budm@shelbyautos.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun 6/3/2007 1:48 AM

To: Bud Mahoney

Subject: Super Snake package

Bud,

I know you are very busy, but I just saw on stangsunleashed.com that the Super Snake package is $27,995.00 Could you confirm this pricing ?

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I also have a depsoit down and have emailed John Walker at Shelby to get on the list. I am suprised that the price is already leaking out if Shelby's marketing people are still unable to tell you what the package will include and what the final specs are. I am also on the list (spoke to John Walker) on the 11th of May and I am supposed to be on the call back/email list for this info as soon as it becomes available but thus far have received nothing.

After reading about the supersnake online (I am an American living in London) I put a deposit down with a dealer to secure a build slot for one (in upstate NY as well incidentally) but since doing so and doing a bit more research, I figure this will probably only secure me a build slot for a 2008 GT500. Hopefully though, my contact with John at Shelby will put me high enough up the list to get a build slot for the supersnake conversion. The last time I spoke to John Walker they were undecided whether they were going to limit the number of supersnakes they will build, (I hope they do for value's sake) but if this pricing is correct it will probably scare a lot of people off anyway and make it a bit easier to get a slot.

Jaime

Here you go guys, A post on stangsunleashed from Amy. Post #82:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...opic=8688&st=80

"Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples: SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391

SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

SHELBY deck lid letter kit

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby floor mats,

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system

Shelby short throw shifter

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy"

Here you go guys, A post on stangsunleashed from Amy. Post #82:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...opic=8688&st=80

This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car.

Amy"

Anyone know what Amy meant by this statement?

There are more items on this package now, but knowing what the cost is on a lot of these parts I would say there is considerable mark-up. Not unlike Saleen and Roush. But these mods can be performed with other parts that are as good, or better for much less. B) Cha-Ching!

Anyone know what Amy meant by this statement?

There are more items on this package now, but knowing what the cost is on a lot of these parts I would say there is considerable mark-up. Not unlike Saleen and Roush. But these mods can be performed with other parts that are as good, or better for much less. B) Cha-Ching!

If you mean this statement;

"This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car."

She is referring to the fact that the Saleen and Roush packages that begin with a Mustang GT and its 4.6 L engine and modify from there.

I spent alot of time looking at prices of the individual components that make up the package and I don't think that SAI has a huge mark-up on the SS package. You're absolutely right that a car can be built for much less that will match the performance of the SS package. But, you'll end up with a car with a bunch of aftermarket modifications. This is something I was considering myself. However, when the time to sell arrives one will most likely need to bring the car back to stock to maximize resale value. With the SS package I see no need to change anything before selling. The SS package may even add significant value.

With the take-off parts from the SS package install; 1) there is no need to keep them for reinstall at later date and 2) you should be able to sell them for enough to make the SS $4000 or so cheaper

If you mean this statement;

"This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car."

She is referring to the fact that the Saleen and Roush packages that begin with a Mustang GT and its 4.6 L engine and modify from there.

I spent alot of time looking at prices of the individual components that make up the package and I don't think that SAI has a huge mark-up on the SS package. You're absolutely right that a car can be built for much less that will match the performance of the SS package. But, you'll end up with a car with a bunch of aftermarket modifications. This is something I was considering myself. However, when the time to sell arrives one will most likely need to bring the car back to stock to maximize resale value. With the SS package I see no need to change anything before selling. The SS package may even add significant value.

With the take-off parts from the SS package install; 1) there is no need to keep them for reinstall at later date and 2) you should be able to sell them for enough to make the SS $4000 or so cheaper

You are correct. First, there is not a huge markup at all.

Second, I was referring to the saleen and Roush upgrades to the 4.6 Mustang being very expensive as well

Also, you can not buy all the parts separately, but maybe you could buy comperable parts, but I also believe the car will have to be changed back. Any Shelby part added to a shelby is added in the registry. It enhances the value of your car, it doesn't take a way from it

Amy

Second, I was referring to the saleen and Roush upgrades to the 4.6 Mustang being very expensive as well

Also, you can not buy all the parts separately, but maybe you could buy comperable parts, but I also believe the car will have to be changed back. Any Shelby part added to a shelby is added in the registry. It enhances the value of your car, it doesn't take a way from it

Amy

Thanks Amy :)

That is why I waited and did not modify the car at all. Except I did buy an autographed VIN plaque already! :blink: DOH! Waited for this package and I don't think you missed any chance to improve much in the way of performance and a lot of other things. ;)

I had actually not considered ever changing the supercharger, or the brakes for that matter until the Super Snake Package was announced.

It would be fantastic to see some evaluation numbers on stopping distance, 0-60, 1/4 mile times and dyno numbers on the performance enhancements of this package to be able to compare to a stock GT500's statistics.

I guess the difference between the Roush and Saleen is they are easier to purchase already completed and often without the large dealer mark-up the GT500 has been getting? We all know the regard and charisma that a Shelby Mustang has over Roush and Saleen. That is why we buy Shelby. It will be very interesting to see if this GT500 and GT500 Super Snake can become a collector's car in the long run (10 to 20 years from now)? I hope so!

Amy;

While this as all very inretesting and has generated lots of excitment, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START THE CONVERSIONS?

Also, based in your parts list, is the convertible now on the approved list for the super snake conversion?

I am currently shipping my new car to florida (FRIDAY June 8) before it can come to you for conversion.

That makes 3 moves when only 2 would be needed if you were ready now.

meckonica

Amy

hey Venom, how do you know that your getting a KR. im a ford dealer and they have not told us how they are giving allocation yet. has your dealer promised you one? be careful if he did because he might not get one. ford has said as of right now they will give the KR is a lottery. doesnt matter what size store or how many mustang you have sold, but this could change. just didnt want you to put a huge deposit down and then the dealer not get one and therefore you dont get one either.

just to let you know

michael morris

Amen brother. Thanks for the tip. ;)

Amen brother. Thanks for the tip. ;)

just dont want you to get screwed by a broken promise of something that can deliver. not trying to sell you one, because i feel real sure that im will not get one and sure hope YOU are able too. they are going to be cool cars.

michael morris

just dont want you to get screwed by a broken promise of something that can deliver. not trying to sell you one, because i feel real sure that im will not get one and sure hope YOU are able too. they are going to be cool cars.

michael morris

the cnversions will start end of summer after we get through the 40th and all the other cars on the list. We will do Verts, but only the 600HP, for safety

Amy

the cnversions will start end of summer after we get through the 40th and all the other cars on the list. We will do Verts, but only the 600HP, for safety

Amy

The Shelby Autos press release in the news section of the website states: "Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas."

But Amy has stated this: "right now we have 10 on the list. and I dont think it will hit more then 300 for 07. It's open, but I really don't think it will matter."

So are the numbers open and unlimited, or is it limited? In my opinion if you did not sign up for the 40th Anniversary package you will probably not get a call for the Super Snake at all if it is "limited" production. I believe the 40th Anniversary Package is a discounted $500 to add-on IF purchased with the Super Snake Package since there are overlapping modifications on the Super Snake??

It will be a hot car, but I am convinced an $80,000+ Mustang will not retain it's value unless it is preserved in a time capsule for 30, or 40 years with no mileage. The total refinements of this car just aren't there compared with many other cars of a similar price range.

However the Ford factory built Shelby GT500KR with only 1,000 units should become the real collector's car. It retains the carbon fiber hood and it's not the modified kit type car like the Super Snake, or Shelby GT. Don't get me wrong they're great cars, but the KR is straight from the factory unmodified. And since you aren't removing +/-$20,000 worth of parts and adding on $30,000 like the Super Snake Package for a regular GT500 you aren't spending so much on wasted parts for the KR. Any significant collector's appreciation normally happens after we're all dead and gone anyway so that should really affect the decision to get a Super Snake as much.

The GT500 Super Snake is an American muscle car not a European mountain road carver. Most average Mustang owners aren't going to put an extra $30,000+ into their cars and Shelby Autos knows that. So now I believe they're talking about selling and installing individual Shelby modification parts through other shops?

• 2 months later...

The Shelby Autos press release in the news section of the website states: "Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas."

But Amy has stated this: "right now we have 10 on the list. and I dont think it will hit more then 300 for 07. It's open, but I really don't think it will matter."

So are the numbers open and unlimited, or is it limited? In my opinion if you did not sign up for the 40th Anniversary package you will probably not get a call for the Super Snake at all if it is "limited" production. I believe the 40th Anniversary Package is a discounted $500 to add-on IF purchased with the Super Snake Package since there are overlapping modifications on the Super Snake??

It will be a hot car, but I am convinced an $80,000+ Mustang will not retain it's value unless it is preserved in a time capsule for 30, or 40 years with no mileage. The total refinements of this car just aren't there compared with many other cars of a similar price range.

However the Ford factory built Shelby GT500KR with only 1,000 units should become the real collector's car. It retains the carbon fiber hood and it's not the modified kit type car like the Super Snake, or Shelby GT. Don't get me wrong they're great cars, but the KR is straight from the factory unmodified. And since you aren't removing +/-$20,000 worth of parts and adding on $30,000 like the Super Snake Package for a regular GT500 you aren't spending so much on wasted parts for the KR. Any significant collector's appreciation normally happens after we're all dead and gone anyway so that should really affect the decision to get a Super Snake as much.

The GT500 Super Snake is an American muscle car not a European mountain road carver. Most average Mustang owners aren't going to put an extra $30,000+ into their cars and Shelby Autos knows that. So now I believe they're talking about selling and installing individual Shelby modification parts through other shops?

The kits are limited the 40th, the SS, all our kits that we do or authorize will be limited, we will however sell individual parts. but not all parts can be bought separately.

Amy

just to let you know

michael morris

Capitol ford is Deffinatly getting 1 maybe 2 I know for sure he has contacted ford and they are giving the kr's out by how many sold I also know the maguires is getting one. They just announced it.

Capitol ford is Deffinatly getting 1 maybe 2 I know for sure he has contacted ford and they are giving the kr's out by how many sold I also know the maguires is getting one. They just announced it.

a dealer can ONLY get one. it has NOTHING to do with sales. it is a lottery. well it kinda has to do with sales. for each thing you do ( SVT dealer, rank in sales, etc) get you a token. they are put into a barrel and drawn. if you win the rest of the tokens are taken out, so a dealer can ONLY get one, dont matter who they know.

i dont care what the dealer tells you or promises you the KR are by lottery ONLY.

the first 50 KRs have been given out. of course we didnt get one. ALOT of small dealers did get one. if a dealer tells you different they are not telling you the truth. i can find the letter Ford sent out if you need me to, but i do know what im talking about this time.

michael morris

Archived