TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake

lonnyreed

WOW is basically all that needs to be said. I looked at the article and I have to say that I am amazed.

I can't see it at work :angry:

"Blocked by Websense"

Websense Enterprise

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:

The Websense category "Message Boards and Clubs" is filtered.

Now aint that something....... :lol:

"Blocked by Websense"

Websense Enterprise

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:

Stump

What a bummer...I'd quit that job real fast.. :)

"Blocked by Websense"

Websense Enterprise

Reason:

I'll help you out.....

THE LATEST ARTICLES, NEWS & STORIES

Shelby Unveils GT500 SuperSnake: 600-725 HORSEPOWER!

By Staff Report

Published: April 27, 2007

Print Email

SHELBY AUTOS AND FORD RACING TO BUILD 600+ HP STREET LEGAL SHELBY GT500 “SUPER SNAKES”

Las Vegas – April 27, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

“My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars” said Carroll Shelby. “I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we’re giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance.”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car.

“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 “Super Snake” for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

“The name ‘Super Snake’ is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities.”

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:

• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque

• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

• Ford Racing performance exhaust system

• Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels

• Ford Racing short-throw shifter

• Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors

• Front brake cooling ducts

• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design

• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid

• 'Super Snake' vehicle badging

• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components

• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

Aint that KOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Now, wasn't it worth the wait?

Have a GREAT weekend all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

So Bud, after reading that, this means stock prices will go through the roof, right? After all, as an investor I need to know these things. Can I start building my new house now?

Also, what kind of discount can I expect? :lol:

do yall think there will be a ADM on these cars????

who do i have to sleep with to get one of the cars??? anyone, anyone

michael

There won't be any adm's on the 40th anniverary or the supersnake. They will be done like modified Shelby-gt's so the dealers won't get their hand in the pie. The GT-500KR is a whole different story.

Aint that KOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Now, wasn't it worth the wait?

Have a GREAT weekend all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

....what about the Shelby GT?????????

do yall think there will be a ADM on these cars????

who do i have to sleep with to get one of the cars??? anyone, anyone

michael

....No there won't be an ADM because this is an aftermarket modification by SAI. It won't be sold through dealers. The dealers will have to live off the GT500s and KRs......oh that is what Dave said.

....what about the Shelby GT?????????

....No there won't be an ADM because this is an aftermarket modification by SAI. It won't be sold through dealers. The dealers will have to live off the GT500s and KRs......oh that is what Dave said.

cool, you already answered my question in the other thread. thanks for the info there, but still would like send one out there and put the package on it to have at the store. even if it has to be considered used

michael

MM,

Could you order a new 2008 GT500, have dropped coded for SAI, let them do the work and then have it shipped to your dealership. It would at least save you on miles and maybe look a little better to a prespective buyer.

i think im going to call SAI monday and ask them. i know im getting at least one in 08. i just want to make sure they have enough packages left.

michael

HI I HAVE ONE OF THE 40TH ANV. KITS IS IT THE SAME AS THE SUPER SNAKE? I AM WAITING TO HERE BACK FROM JOHN.HE SENT AN EMAIL THAT SAID THEY HAD BIG NEWS AND HP INCREASES. ANYONE HEARD? :)

...well, I am not sure if you are joking. If you aren't check the below posted link. I think you could add the supercharger to the 40th package for the HP or just go with the supersnake:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=182

What and awesome package...I sent an email yesterday to SAI and recieved a reply early this

morning from Bud...I will be added to the list for the Super Snake package on a 08 GT500

I am first in line to order the 08. still waiting on my SGT..its at Shelby right now...can't wait to

have the Baddest Shelby ever!! :lol:

Good for you!!!!

Be sure to post up pics - in about two years or so - so us lesser folk can have a taste vicarously.

Archived