TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Record time

stillmy428

:D :D :D :D Dealer called yesterday and said my convrt was in.Thought he was kidding,but he wasn't drove up and there it was sitting there.From time of order till delivery was 30 days....GOT TO LOVE FORD....Weather bad here so i have to wait till Saturday to pick it up.Going to be a long 2 days... :angry:

2007 GT 500 :D :D :D

Alloy

Tungensten strip

Deluxe interior

:D :D :D :D Dealer called yesterday and said my convrt was in.Thought he was kidding,but he wasn't drove up and there it was sitting there.From time of order till delivery was 30 days....GOT TO LOVE FORD....Weather bad here so i have to wait till Saturday to pick it up.Going to be a long 2 days... :angry:

2007 GT 500 :D :D :D

Alloy

Tungensten strip

Deluxe interior

they are great cars to drive and its only 2 days.. very long 2 days.

michael

You actually ordered a GT500 vert from a dealership? I didn't think that was possible. Or at least my local Ford dealerships don't seem to think so. How did you go about doing this?

Congratulations on your GT500, btw. :D

I orderd my vert on the night of March 27 and drove it home on April 27th. That included a 24 hour stopover in Kansas City and 2 days sitting on the train and in the yard here in Spring, TX just 10 minutes away from the dealer :)

How did you track it?

I orderd my vert on the night of March 27 and drove it home on April 27th. That included a 24 hour stopover in Kansas City and 2 days sitting on the train and in the yard here in Spring, TX just 10 minutes away from the dealer :)

Yo msmap, were you by chance in a red dually pulling a vista blue vert on a trailor? Think I passed you on Monday (4/23), near waco, heading north on 35.

BTW, congrads on your new acquisition.

You actually ordered a GT500 vert from a dealership? I didn't think that was possible. Or at least my local Ford dealerships don't seem to think so. How did you go about doing this?

Congratulations on your GT500, btw. :D

It would have been a dealer that had allocation to get one. Most dealers do not have any allocation left which is why most couldn't order one.

Yo msmap, were you by chance in a red dually pulling a vista blue vert on a trailor? Think I passed you on Monday (4/23), near waco, heading north on 35.

BTW, congrads on your new acquisition.

No, that was not me, I am down in the Houston area :)

If any one is interested, Planet Ford in Spring, TX just north of Houston, has some allocations left. Of course they want to get the most $$$ but they will work with you. Tell them I sent ya.

I ordered my GT500 from a Ford dealership, but it took 5-1/2 months before it finally got to the dealer. After it was ordered they didn't build it for almost 5 months. I think it all depends on what Ford dealer you order it from? Some have a higher priority than others depending on how many cars they sell for Ford. I can't tell you how many Ford dealers I have dealt with that are so clueless about Ford products. They need more of a connection to buyers, a user friendly atmosphere and knowledge of the product like Shelby Autos. And free beer wouldn't hurt either.

And I waited 16 months to get my GT500; I took delivery on August 21, 2006 which was 16 months after Motor Trend featured the GT500 on the cover of their May 2005 edition. I believe that I have one of the first 100 made but I won't know until after the 07 production run ends in July.

Congrats on your purchase.

WP

And I waited 16 months to get my GT500; I took delivery on August 21, 2006 which was 16 months after Motor Trend featured the GT500 on the cover of their May 2005 edition. I believe that I have one of the first 100 made but I won't know until after the 07 production run ends in July.

Congrats on your purchase.

WP

If you're in the first 100, I'm there with ya; I took mine on 8/1/06. When do you expect the registry might be complete?

REL

If you're in the first 100, I'm there with ya; I took mine on 8/1/06. When do you expect the registry might be complete?

REL

I called SVT at the beginning of April to inquire about the build certificate and they told me that the SVT Build Certs. for 07 GT500's will be available after the production run ends in late June; they asked me to call back in mid-July. Their phone number is 1-800-FORDSVT, request a Ford SVT Build Certificate; you will need your VIN number.

Cheers,

WP

Archived