TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Gas Cap for SGT?

mike20022

A few folks had commented on my remarks before about me not having the GT rear gas cap. I sent Bud an email today with a few questions and his answer was.

From Bud Mahoney: "As for the rear “gas” cap, we have seen some that came in as GT and some as California Special” I would say that both are correct."

So how many of you have the same gas cap that I have. I personally like that the center caps of the wheels, front grill and rear are all the same. But who knows how Ford mixed this all up. I wonder which one was their intention and how many are GT and how many are California Special. I know so far I have seen more pictures with GT.

Anyone else with any info about this?

post-1350-1140344989_thumb.jpg

A few folks had commented on my remarks before about me not having the GT rear gas cap. I sent Bud an email today with a few questions and his answer was.

From Bud Mahoney: "As for the rear “gas” cap, we have seen some that came in as GT and some as California Special” I would say that both are correct."

So how many of you have the same gas cap that I have. I personally like that the center caps of the wheels, front grill and rear are all the same. But who knows how Ford mixed this all up. I wonder which one was their intention and how many are GT and how many are California Special. I know so far I have seen more pictures with GT.

Anyone else with any info about this?

post-1350-1140344989_thumb.jpg

To be honest I would have MUCH rather have seen this as the rear cap than the GT one. I've always hated it and the GT fender badges. I wish ford would standardize on the running horse ribbon for the fenders with a small area at the bottom where it would say, "V6", "GT", "SGT", "350", "500" etc. Just my opinion!

I wish SAI would produce one of their own. I have hinted on a couple of threads and even suggested it to John in an email. It really doesn't add anything to the car but I think SAI missed something by not creating one. Every other special edition Mustang (GT500, CS, Roush, Foose, etc.) have a special cap. I hope in the future they will have one on sale.

I wish SAI would produce one of their own. I have hinted on a couple of threads and even suggested it to John in an email. It really doesn't add anything to the car but I think SAI missed something by not creating one. Every other special edition Mustang (GT500, CS, Roush, Foose, etc.) have a special cap. I hope in the future they will have one on sale.

If you look it says Shelby right above the GT on the cap. Shelby GT.... It is what it is..

Yeah, I understand the visual. If that was the intent then either design a different "GT" cap or I think they should at least be making sure they all have the same cap. I could live with the pony cap if it showed up on my car but I would be really upset if my car showed up with a CA Special cap like Bud told Mike. that would really look like a clone that somebody forgot about the cap.

I do also keep in mind that this car went from idea to production in less than six months. Therefore, some really good ideas or details didn't have time to make it onto the car.

Archived