TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby sightings?

mywickedshelby

Saturday night about 10:30 p.m., black w/ a silver stripe. fully equipped. There was a guy standing in the window of the place I was at watching me walk around his car. He left the parking lights on so he could see what was going on around his car. It was all I could do not to call ODwyer up and tell him about the car... a little too late I think. Looked sharp.

You can call me any time pal about Shelby's - especially if it were mine. :D

BTW, I should have my chaeck for you tomorrow. Maybe I'll come down there Wednesday 4:30 to close the books. Call me to schedule.

You guys that live in town and dont have to drive on gravel roads havent a clue about how hard it is to keep a car clean. We live seven miles from pavement and my Shelby GT is always dusty. We never drive it in the rain (except when we broke it in going to the Tulsa gun show) and drive slow on gravel but nevertheless it attracts dust .

You can call me any time pal about Shelby's - especially if it were mine. :D

BTW, I should have my chaeck for you tomorrow. Maybe I'll come down there Wednesday 4:30 to close the books. Call me to schedule.

Took my daughter to a dr. appointment today and while we were leaving we saw a black mustang with silver stripes (we have the black sgt) and I said to my daughter that this is the only other one that we have seen on the road. I flashed my lights and he waved.....took a turn and we were one car behind. I noticed that the wheels were polished aluminum and that he had a the GT500 tail on the back. He took a right into a parking lot and I saw that the back end did not say Shelby. We continued on and about 1 mile further and he was back and pulled up beside us at a stop light. He commented on the nice car we had (he looked about 25 and had what I think was his girl with him) I said thanks and asked him if his car was a Shelby and he said no. Also asked where he bought the car and it was from the same dealer that I bought mine from......I told my daughter (she is 9) that he had a nice looking car but it was not the real deal. She laughed and I told her that it is a compliment to the Shelby Mustang and that we are lucky to have been able to get one. I pulled onto the highway and about 2 minutes later I see a striped mustang about 3/4 of a mile back and said to my daughter that he is following us. She looked back and said no the one coming up is blue......I checked the mirror again and could see she was correct......a blue 2007 shelby GT 500 was coming up fast. I pulled into the right lane and he pulled up beside us.......looked at our car and gave us the thumbs up...he then took off. I then dropped it into 4th gear and pulled into the left lane to catch up.....he pulled off the exit which was the same one that we were going too and I stayed on his tail (the 500 is a fassssttt car) he pulled into the right lane and we were gone. Interesting day......about 2 hours later we saw what looked to be a 427 Cobra going in the opposite direction (man that car is loud!)......it must be the great weather...it is good to see these cars on the road!

• 1 month later...

Saw a white w/grey stripes GT500 in town a couple of weeks ago. Took a quick 24 hour trip to Utah yesterday/today and twice passed by appoximately 500 soon-to-be SGT's on the Shelby lot. Gave them all a respectful wave as I passed by.

Saw the first "other " Shelby GT in my town yesterday ! (Sarasota Fl ) It was a white one. So now I know there is at least one black and one white. I know the local Ford dealer had a white one , and the last I checked, they still had a huge admin fee on it.

I was driving downtown Chicago yesterday and turned to my left and saw myself in a large row of reflective windows. <bleep> I looked good! B)

Right hand drive car?

Here in Albuquerque I've seen a total of four Shelbys on the road.

One White S-GT.

Two different Red/White GT500 coupes.

One Vista Blue/White GT500 coupe.

Coming soon: White/Red GT500 coupe.

Local dealers have a total of four GT500s in stock all at $15-25K over MSRP.

Jim

Archived