TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby sightings?

mywickedshelby

I was wondering if anyone has actually seen an SGT or GT500 on the road.

I live in Northern New Jersey and travel to NYC AND/OR Westchester County several times a week...

and I HAVE NOT seen one SGT or GT500 on the road yet.

Anybody out there seen these babies on the road yet?

I have seen neither yet. But Im in Maine so I wasnt likely to see one over the winter but we should soon. I should see my first Shelby GT this week since my dealer has one coming in that he ordered for me. If we can agree on price I may be owning it too ;)

I have not seen any SGT's on the road here in Alabama. I have seen 4 GT500's the first 2 being Labor Day weekend. One is a black convert. here in town. And one is my buddies, white with blue strips. I have driven it twice. Fastest car I've ever driven that came straight of the showroom floor.

There is a car running around here that is the spitting image of the SGT, enough so I turned around in the road to take a second look.

It turned out the be a Roush (spelling?), or at least it had Roush written on the window but side by side you couldn't hardly tell a difference. Clone maybe?

I did see a GT500 in Dallas's West End district. It was illegally parked with it's flashers on....

The only other SGT I have seen around here it still at the dealer in Terrell so it's only a matter of time before there are twins.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have seen one GT500 and no SGT's. My car is the only one I have seen out on the road in this area. They are very rare cars in general. I really do love the car and the way it drives, looks, sounds performs etc... I could not have chose a better car, one that everyone and their brother does not have. B)

I live in a very small town south of Buffalo, NY and my dad has a GT 500 white with blue stripes and my SGT was shipped just yesterday. The only other time i have seen a GT500 was in albany last november. The weather was still very nice and great for driving. It was the opposite of my dad's..blue with White stripes, it looked pretty kick a$$ B)

In Hawaii around Honolulu I still see Shelby GT-Hertz rentals weekly cruising around. Our club outing last weekend to Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum at Ford Island. had two Cobra roadsters, a Superformance Coupe and a tungsten GT500 convertible. Fords at Ford Island, get it? At our general meeting lst month we had the GT500 convertible and a black GT500 coupe. A red GT500 is cruising around town as well. No garage lockups here, just owners out enjoying thier rides. The two black Shelby GT Mustangs at two of the Ford dealers are still only going for test drives.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have seen one GT500 and no SGT's. My car is the only one I have seen out on the road in this area. They are very rare cars in general. I really do love the car and the way it drives, looks, sounds performs etc... I could not have chose a better car, one that everyone and their brother does not have. B)

Nice to see another Pacific Northwesterner in the forums :) Where abouts do you live? We too have never seen a gt 500, but I have seen a Shelby gt in the Lynnwood area of Washington. What dealer did you buy from? We live near Seattle and had to go to a dealer in Spokane, Wa. A great dealer I might add!!!!!!

Dave C

There is a GT500 conv here in Pulaski TN, but it is in dealer lockdown along with his 67 GT500. I have seen no other 500s or SGTs but there is a black GT500 between here and Nashville. A friend that drives back and forth sees it every few weeks.

The black GT500 convertible that I seen around town is now on the used car lot at the dealer that I am purchasing my SGT from. If anyone is interested they can call 256-593-4204 ask for Max.....He also has a black SGT not arrived that is for sale.

I am in Austin, TX and so far the only SGT I have seen on the road is the one I drive. :D

I am suprised that I haven't seen many GT 500s on the road either but I did see a Performance Orange vert on the road this past weekend. Also, a couple of months ago when I was traveling, I saw a red GT 500 with the lemans stripe delete and the side stripe delete package. If it hadn't been red, it would have been a nice sleeper.

In random occurences, I have seen one GT500 in Hollywood and possibly one Shelby GT in Hollywood also. i wasn't able to get closer than 500' to it and it was dark. Really it could have been anything. I would have expected to see more of either car in LA and Orange County but haven't

There were 2 Shelby GTs and about 25 GT500s at a carshow on Sunday.

while driving my Shelby GT in Swarthmore, Pa. last week, I saw a Vista Blue GT500 coming the opposite direction. I thought it was a pretty interesting moment. 1800 miles since March 10th and I drive the car almost every day. I think for the money, this car is almost impossible to beat. so far I am pleased.

In random occurences, I have seen one GT500 in Hollywood and possibly one Shelby GT in Hollywood also. i wasn't able to get closer than 500' to it and it was dark. Really it could have been anything. I would have expected to see more of either car in LA and Orange County but haven't

There were 2 Shelby GTs and about 25 GT500s at a carshow on Sunday.

I am in So Cal too and I have seen a few GT500's but no other SGT's. I have seen about four GTH's on the road. Someone at my son's apartment in Hollywood had a GTH for about a month back in December.

Interesting! So would you say the number you see waiting is pretty consistant or do you see it changing?

Honestly, I can't tell, haha. they have been moved to different locations around that area several times. Mainly because of Nascar and other races going on. I have seen a few GT500s pop up lately though. No stripes on them whatsoever.

Saturday night about 10:30 p.m., black w/ a silver stripe. fully equipped. There was a guy standing in the window of the place I was at watching me walk around his car. He left the parking lights on so he could see what was going on around his car. It was all I could do not to call ODwyer up and tell him about the car... a little too late I think. Looked sharp.

Archived