TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory Options

maxwell

O.K., this is my first post so I hope to do things right and not ask dumb questions. I have even taken time to read a lot of the earlier topics to see if I could find answers, but did not. I am looking to maybe buy one of these cars for my husband for his 50th birthday. I have seen two here in Houston at two different dealerships. One of the things that I asked the salesmen is why are some items listed on both the Ford factory sticker and the Shelby Automobiles Inc. sticker. I failed to write down everything specifically, but I remember that it said 3.55 axle, and something about wheels and tires on both stickers. Are these refering to the same option, or has it been upgraded even more by Shelby? Neither salesman had much of an explanation. Probably wondering why a woman was asking anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, these cars are beautiful!

O.K., this is my first post so I hope to do things right and not ask dumb questions. I have even taken time to read a lot of the earlier topics to see if I could find answers, but did not. I am looking to maybe buy one of these cars for my husband for his 50th birthday. I have seen two here in Houston at two different dealerships. One of the things that I asked the salesmen is why are some items listed on both the Ford factory sticker and the Shelby Automobiles Inc. sticker. I failed to write down everything specifically, but I remember that it said 3.55 axle, and something about wheels and tires on both stickers. Are these refering to the same option, or has it been upgraded even more by Shelby? Neither salesman had much of an explanation. Probably wondering why a woman was asking anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, these cars are beautiful!

1st off, WELCOME. Nice to have a new neighbor so to speak(I'm from Austin). You know I never even thought to ask about that. Maybe someone here knows and will post. FYI, inventory search down there shows over 30 in the GHA. Check out Joe Myers Ford, they show to have 4 in stock. Good luck.

The reason you are seeing items listed on both stickers is because some of the parts come on the base car from Ford but are available only in the Shelby upgrade package. The parts are listed again on the SAI sticker because they are part of the package.

For example, the 18" wheels are a Ford item but only the Shelby GTs get them in black. They are listed on Fords sticker since they come from the factory and again on SAIs because they are part of the SGT package. It's the same with the rear axle ratio. For the 5spd cars both stickers will say 3.55s, but the automatic cars will have a lower number on the Ford sticker and 3.55 on the SAI sticker.

Hope this helps.

The reason you are seeing items listed on both stickers is because some of the parts come on the base car from Ford but are available only in the Shelby upgrade package. The parts are listed again on the SAI sticker because they are part of the package.

For example, the 18" wheels are a Ford item but only the Shelby GTs get them in black. They are listed on Fords sticker since they come from the factory and again on SAIs because they are part of the SGT package. It's the same with the rear axle ratio. For the 5spd cars both stickers will say 3.55s, but the automatic cars will have a lower number on the Ford sticker and 3.55 on the SAI sticker.

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks alot you guys for the help and explanation. You know I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some hocus pokus going on at the dealer. This is my first big bar-b-que when it comes to trying to buy something like this. And to 66FB2+2, I saw the post about searching dealer stock and now I can see that there are a bunch of other Shelby's down here, GT500's too. Guess I've got my work cut out for me. Any suggestions on any other specific options that I should look for? Thanks again!!!!!!

Hey, thanks alot you guys for the help and explanation. You know I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some hocus pokus going on at the dealer. This is my first big bar-b-que when it comes to trying to buy something like this. And to 66FB2+2, I saw the post about searching dealer stock and now I can see that there are a bunch of other Shelby's down here, GT500's too. Guess I've got my work cut out for me. Any suggestions on any other specific options that I should look for? Thanks again!!!!!!

When looking on Ford's web site for dealer stock look on the online window sticker for "Job #2 order" and "GT upfitters package." From what I have been able to decipher, these two items seem to indicate that the car has had the SGT upgrade. Plus if you see ".18"BLK PNTD Aluminum wheel" on the online sticker you can be assured that the car is a black SGT.

When looking on Ford's web site for dealer stock look on the online window sticker for "Job #2 order" and "GT upfitters package." From what I have been able to decipher, these two items seem to indicate that the car has had the SGT upgrade. Plus if you see ".18"BLK PNTD Aluminum wheel" on the online sticker you can be assured that the car is a black SGT.

SammTexas, also search on ebay to find out info on these cars as well you will see the window sticker

and the shelby sticker also...this will educate you even more, and as always welcome the the forum

and come back if you need more info or help...there is a lot of knowledge here....oh yeah one more

thought go to stangsunleashed.com sign up there and read the forum on the SGT there as well.

good luck have fun

Samm,

I will also be 50 pretty soon. Maybe you could get one for me too!....LOL. Have fun. The search is almost as much fun as finding and buying one. Good luck. Your husband is the luckiest man on the planet. :)

According to that other post that I read, I can check the vin numbers here somewhere to verify if they were in fact sent to over here to Shelby as a verification. Guess I'll need to figure that out. Thanks again.

sam

im a dealer is GA, i have 3 Shelby GTs on the way to the store. 2 are en route to shelby and the other is about to be finished at the factory. if i can help in anyway please let me know. 2 are black and 1 white.

they are all 5 speeds. all have gt upfitters, mach 1000, anti theft, and wheel locks. the white car has sat radio

thanks

michael morris

wayne morris ford

478-987-2411

According to that other post that I read, I can check the vin numbers here somewhere to verify if they were in fact sent to over here to Shelby as a verification. Guess I'll need to figure that out. Thanks again.

Well keep this in mind. If you are searching inventory on fordvehicles.com, cars will show up on a dealer inventory that he does not have yet! I saw one that is pretty close to what I want when searching, but when I contacted the dealership direct they told me that the car was not there yet. Sure enough when I plugged in the VIN back here at the VIN checker, it read "arrived at SAI". This might give you a little edge in finding what you are looking for before the general public sees it on a lot. Hope this helps.

Welcome aboard and happy hunting for your husbands new Shelby. I too am close to 50 and I just bought mine, after my wife gave me runway clearance of course! It is the ego boost I needed and the car I absolutely love. I could have had anything around $50-60K and I was going to buy the GT500 but I fell in love with the SGT. Your husband is a lucky man and your the wife to die for! Good luck SamT, ask us for anything. B)

Swede

samm

i recieved 2 more SGT today, if you are interested i can order them about anyway you want them. they have been pulled, so that gives me a few days to change anything. one of each color

let me know

michael

How many does that make for you Michael?

samm

i recieved 2 more SGT today, if you are interested i can order them about anyway you want them. they have been pulled, so that gives me a few days to change anything. one of each color

let me know

michael

Man that is tempting, I mean REALLY tempting!!! If someone were to hazard a guess (like John, Bud), what is the current production time from arrival to delivery. No mods, just straight up SGT package. And as far as delivery goes, lets say museum pick-up. Just a general idea, I mean are we talking 4 weeks or 14?

MM - can you get interiors and options to customer spec at this point?

Man that is tempting, I mean REALLY tempting!!! If someone were to hazard a guess (like John, Bud), what is the current production time from arrival to delivery. No mods, just straight up SGT package. And as far as delivery goes, lets say museum pick-up. Just a general idea, I mean are we talking 4 weeks or 14?

MM - can you get interiors and options to customer spec at this point?

i will be able to for the next few days, dont think the cars have been locked in.

michael

Archived