TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alignment Specs

07SGT0057

I was wondering about alignment also. I notice index marks around the bolts on the top of the front struts. I was wondering if when Shelby installs the struts is the alignment actually checked or just set back to where Ford set it in the stock configuration using index marks as the set points.

• 3 months later...

I was wondering about alignment also. I notice index marks around the bolts on the top of the front struts. I was wondering if when Shelby installs the struts is the alignment actually checked or just set back to where Ford set it in the stock configuration using index marks as the set points.

I just removed stock rims (1000 miles) and notice the inner part of tire was worn and flat part was chopped. It seems the bottom of the tires are out further then top. I belive this is from lowering the car and I don't want my new Razors doing the same. Please advisepost-2905-1144851041_thumb.jpg

I believe I read somewhere that when these cars are lowered, a more negative camber is the result. This will improve handling by reducing understeer. It will also wear the tires as you have mentioned. For those who don't want this type of handling / tire wear, perhaps Shelby can provide some revised suspension alignment settings?

I believe I read somewhere that when these cars are lowered, a more negative camber is the result. This will improve handling by reducing understeer. It will also wear the tires as you have mentioned. For those who don't want this type of handling / tire wear, perhaps Shelby can provide some revised suspension alignment settings?

I will not use the "dead horse" analogy but if you look for a thread called "Ride Height" you will find this discussed at length but no definitive word was ever received.

I will not use the "dead horse" analogy but if you look for a thread called "Ride Height" you will find this discussed at length but no definitive word was ever received.

Maybe until there is an answer, Rotate the tire more frequently to help slow the wear down some what? :)

Maybe until there is an answer, Rotate the tire more frequently to help slow the wear down some what? :)

Or....just enjoy your car and its special attributes, maintain it properly and replace the tires when the time comes!! :lol:

I just removed stock rims (1000 miles) and notice the inner part of tire was worn and flat part was chopped. It seems the bottom of the tires are out further then top. I belive this is from lowering the car and I don't want my new Razors doing the same. Please advisepost-2905-1144851041_thumb.jpg

I haven't inspected my tires for wear but will when I get home. I have only about 1500 miles on my though.

If it's a problem I think I'll have mine aligned. I'll have the strut slotted and have a pair of camber bolts installed. This is not a big deal for an alignment shop.

Just be glad you don't have the problem the standard stangs have with the thunking noise of the front suspension. The FRPP handling pack in ours took care of that!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2297319/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

How about you Stump, are your tires wearing unevenly?

Honestly I haven't looked that close but nothing has caught my eye. I had the tires off when I adjusted the sway bar so if they were bad, I probably would have caught it then. We're over 8000 miles and I am waaaaay past due for a balance and rotation.

Honestly I haven't looked that close but nothing has caught my eye. I had the tires off when I adjusted the sway bar so if they were bad, I probably would have caught it then. We're over 8000 miles and I am waaaaay past due for a balance and rotation.

What hole did you move the sway bar bolts to and how has it changed the handling? I was considering changing it when I changed my oil last weekend, but didn't.

What hole did you move the sway bar bolts to and how has it changed the handling? I was considering changing it when I changed my oil last weekend, but didn't.

The last one. It makes a difference in handling. It gives the car the appearance of being lowered even more slightly but that may be more of the "eye of the beholder" thing. It still measured the same at 22 1/4 inches if I remember correctly. Look up the post about it and you will see how I did it unless I find it first, then I'll post a link.

EDIT: Here You Go

I tracked down the installation info for the front struts and it shows how to slot the holes and includes the camber bolts to get the proper camber adjustment.

Here's the link.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/in...htM-18000-A.pdf

The question is........was it done? I would argue that if it wasn't you could take a copy of this to your dealer to show him it should have been done assuming you needed the camber adjustment (which I think we do).

I tracked down the installation info for the front struts and it shows how to slot the holes and includes the camber bolts to get the proper camber adjustment.

Here's the link.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/in...htM-18000-A.pdf

The question is........was it done? I would argue that if it wasn't you could take a copy of this to your dealer to show him it should have been done assuming you needed the camber adjustment (which I think we do).

I found out from SAI that the SGT's DO NOT have an alignment done after installation of the FRPP suspension. Ford says it isn't required. However, the kit does include camber bolts and instructions to slot the struts if the owner wants to adjust the camber but SAI does not install them. So I would suggest that if you are having alignment issues, then have the dealer look at it and tell them to install the camber bolts if neccessary. I would think there's a shot that it would be under warranty.

I looked at my tires after 1500 miles and I can't tell any abnormal wear yet. The tracking also seems fine since the car doesn't pull either side. I'm surprised that after replacing all those parts, the alignment stays true. I guess those marks on the strut towers are part of the process in getting it all back in the same place? However, they may be only marks to indictate that they were torqued to specs???

Archived