TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey SAI mechanics/salsmen!

stump_breaker

OK I know I bad talked the "squared off" grill, BUT tell my objectively please, how does it really look in person?

Thanks for the reply.

OK I know I bad talked the "squared off" grill, BUT tell my objectively please, how does it really look in person?

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh no. You can't have you grill and eat it to.

well, it's not installed yet but it looks like the big grill, only smaller. Just aluminum with shiney stripes.....

I don't know what else to say about it. :D

Now where exactly does the super glue go to hold it in?? :blink:

Shouldn't this come with directions or something?

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to include the superglue :lol: But I did post alot of instructions on the board last weekend. I think they all are now on page 2. But, I copied it and here you go!!!! :D

Bud

Here are the instructions for the lower billet grille. Pictures will soon follow.

First, remove the two lower outer “faux” grille pieces. They will pop out. Now you will also need to remove the lower splash shield. Look at the new lower grille insert, you will see on the brace a hole on each side. This is the hole where you will need to drill later. Now take the grille and place it in the opening, going in from behind the fascia. Now drill through the hole in the brace and through the fascia. Use 2 pop rivits to hold it in place. Replace the lower splash shield. Now, snap back on the two “faux” grille pieces. The lower grille insert is now completed

This should take about 30 minutes os so to do. If you have any other questions or need some help. Please drop me a line!!!! Thanks!!!

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that now. Someone needs to learn to use the search feature (bad Barry :( ). Thanks again!

BTW, you expect me to drill the Shelby.........

..........and you didn't include any Valium with the grill to give to my wife!?!?!?! You better hope I don't mess up! Remember, we're coming to Vegas in roughly a month. :lol:

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that now. Someone needs to learn to use the search feature (bad Barry :( ). Thanks again!

BTW, you expect me to drill the Shelby.........

..........and you didn't include any Valium with the grill to give to my wife!?!?!?! You better hope I don't mess up! Remember, we're coming to Vegas in roughly a month. :lol:

thats what you need barry, a drill and a drugged up wife. you will never make it. you take the valium and give her the drill.

love to see pics when you get done.

thanks

michael

Hey stump, congrats. My grill should be in today, but would like to ask, did your grill come with the brake port inserts? John mentioned that "If you get the lower grille, you get the porting for the ducts."

I hope so, that would be awesome.

Well, I believe the "ports" are two sideways U-shaped cutouts on either side of the grill that tuck behind the fake grill inserts on the lower fascia.

Tell you what, when I get home tonight I'll post a pic of the grill before I start the install so you can see what I'm talking about..

you take the valium and give her the drill.

michael

Why? That way when she beats me with it for getting within 6' of her car with a power tool I won't care? :lol:

That makes since. I imagine when you by the duct kit, it will replace the fakes and the cutouts on the back of the grill will allow routing of the duct work.

What size pop rivets are you going to use? I need to stop by Ace on the way home for my install.

Thanks for your reply.

Stump,

Is that a lower grill?

Please post pictures installed ASAP. It appears to me that it does not have the "frame" effect we saw in the prototype. That would be tremendous news.

I second that. There is no frame effect there, I like it. It appears alot nicer than the prototype.

OK, it's 12:33pm CST and I'm off to install the lower grill. I have been up since 6:45am mowing our 4.6 acre yard, caulking the house (29' at the peak - not fun), yelling at the dog and washing and polishing the Shelby with some new stuff I got in yesterday (FANTASTIC STUFF). Assuming I don't go to sleep on the creeper allowing the mosquitos to drain every last drop of blood I own, I'll have pics of it installed shortly. The wife is gone to the hospital to see her Dad who was diagnosed with Lukemeia two days ago - not looking good - so there should be no more interruptions.

OK, it's 12:33pm CST and I'm off to install the lower grill. I have been up since 6:45am mowing our 4.6 acre yard, caulking the house (29' at the peak - not fun), yelling at the dog and washing and polishing the Shelby with some new stuff I got in yesterday (FANTASTIC STUFF). Assuming I don't go to sleep on the creeper allowing the mosquitos to drain every last drop of blood I own, I'll have pics of it installed shortly. The wife is gone to the hospital to see her Dad who was diagnosed with Lukemeia two days ago - not looking good - so there should be no more interruptions.

sorry to hear about you father in law. good luck with the install

cant wait to see pics

michael

OK, here we go. I took roughly an hour. Here is the lower grill installed on a REAL car and not one of those "pretend" cars at SAI....

I did not like the instability of the grill just with two pop rivets so I redrilled and used 4 rivets.

l_9486b13fc81dba40e8f72f04a8a89887.jpg

Install complete.

l_41de5391aff4e3250f196d43a07000de.jpg

here's looking straight on...

l_a51dac5911bbe924bc9cd41fde77e08e.jpg

And then off to the side...

l_6c6990c651bbf3e68fa40f8099a29b96.jpg

After looking at just the grill, I'm not real sure about the lower lights and ducts anymore. Now I'm thinking it's too busy but I really like the way the grill looks.

sorry to hear about you father in law. good luck with the install

cant wait to see pics

michael

Thanks. My wife is pretty messed up over it.

Is that a Freaudian slip there? :D

He started Chemo the other day and they are saying a month of it.

Thatnks for the support and prayers....

Stump,

Great job on the lower grille. I'm waiting until I can get the grille with the ducts and lights in it, before I do the job on mine. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and father-in-law during this time...

Gary

Archived