TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SOLD!!!......$36,950

The Sheriff

The following is a link for a brand new 2007 Mustang Shelby GT which sold yesterday on Ebay. Somebody got a beautiful car at a beautiful price. It was sold at No Reserve with 28 bids on it. For those of you that are still shopping for a Shelby GT there are still great deals to be had. Keep the faith.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130100053602

The following is a link for a brand new 2007 Mustang Shelby GT which sold yesterday on Ebay. Somebody got a beautiful car at a beautiful price. It was sold at No Reserve with 28 bids on it. For those of you that are still shopping for a Shelby GT there are still great deals to be had. Keep the faith.

makes you wonder, does the guy know that there is a 8300 SAI increase. he might think he is getting 5k over sticker. oops if he didnt know.

michael morris

wow. what a bargain!....

I kind of wish I had shopped around a little more now and found a not-so-greedy dealer.

hey wait a minute, all us dealers are greedy. you better take that back.

Just kidding ya

michael

Prices are definitely coming down. Here is one here in Austin, TX that has been listed several times over the past few months. The initial bid has come down each time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...04613583&rd=1,1

As I said a few months ago, prices would fall below MSRP because the true Mustang enthusiasts would lead dealers to believe they had a hot item worthy of ADM's. Now the dealers have to convince the general public that the Shelby GT commands a much higher premium than a regular GT, and they're not having an easy time of it. That's why the prices are falling now. Regular customers are not convinced that the value is there, because they're not enthusiasts.

I've seen dealers on Ebay advertise the Shelby GT as "extremely rare", which it is not. Rare to the dealer, but not to overall availability which is driving the price down. You see, Ford dealers play a "desire" game with the public and it usually works-for a while. Just ask anyone who bought a Cobra R, 2003-2004 SVT Cobra what these cars are worth today, and the same will follow with the current GT500's if not already.

The Shelby GT is a fine car and one that is more likely to be driven than most other special editions. At least they'll see some road use, which is what they were meant for. Enjoy 'em!

Not to be a know-it-all or I told you so kind of person but my brother is a General Manager of a Ford Dealer in the Pacific Northwest. He said these dealers will do anything to attract business even say they lost money on a car just to attract people. It looks like they did their job!

That being said, they never sold the Shelby GT at that price or anything close it. Furthermore the Ford Dealer is only alotted 2 per dealer, 1-5 speed and 1-automatic so it is a rare car and one that is desired by all Mustang and car enthusist.

IMO I think that the GT500's vastly over MSRP pricing paniced alot of us to believing that the SGT would be equally as hot and we better act fast to insure that we get one. What alot of car people are saying is that they didn't seperate this car enough from a GT, that is, HP, to warrant $9000 added cost, and they are waiting for the GT500 prices to come in line, which they will when the 08' comes out, or Shelby to offer something more than 25 HP over the GT, which they probably will. Fundriver has it right, this is a car to drive, and not worry about it's future value. I'll probably keep it afew years and sell it when something else "hotter" comes on the market, but I'll always be able to say "I owned a Shelby",

Not to be a know-it-all or I told you so kind of person but my brother is a General Manager of a Ford Dealer in the Pacific Northwest. He said these dealers will do anything to attract business even say they lost money on a car just to attract people. It looks like they did their job!

That being said, they never sold the Shelby GT at that price or anything close it. Furthermore the Ford Dealer is only alotted 2 per dealer, 1-5 speed and 1-automatic so it is a rare car and one that is desired by all Mustang and car enthusist.

well your kinda correct, at first the cars had to be one manual, one auto. but it has changed. we have 3 cars on the way to SAI and they are all 5 speeds. we have already sold our first and it was a 5 speed. after being with Ford for almost 20 years i promise they have no problem changing thier minds. we arent even getting a automatic. this was discussed earlier about the 2 per dealer and one each trans. think not enought dealers knew about the cars and ford needed to build a certain amount, but again this is just my theory.

michael morris

oh and i agree dealer will do just about anything to attract folks

well your kinda correct, at first the cars had to be one manual, one auto. but it has changed. we have 3 cars on the way to SAI and they are all 5 speeds. we have already sold our first and it was a 5 speed. after being with Ford for almost 20 years i promise they have no problem changing thier minds. we arent even getting a automatic. this was discussed earlier about the 2 per dealer and one each trans. think not enought dealers knew about the cars and ford needed to build a certain amount, but again this is just my theory.

michael morris

oh and i agree dealer will do just about anything to attract folks

Thanks for the reply. It appears that you have alot of knowledge of these cars. So since MOST all dealers really believe that they can no longer order the cars after their 2 car alotment, how many do you think will be built ? I personally do not think it will get to 6000 cars and my brother does not think so either. Any comments? This should add to the slogan of being a rare car and being very truthful about it.

Thanks for the reply and added comments.

Thanks for the reply. It appears that you have alot of knowledge of these cars. So since MOST all dealers really believe that they can no longer order the cars after their 2 car alotment, how many do you think will be built ? I personally do not think it will get to 6000 cars and my brother does not think so either. Any comments? This should add to the slogan of being a rare car and being very truthful about it.

Thanks for the reply and added comments.

what will happen if ford doesnt get the orders from the dealers that the expect, the zone mgrs will start calling the dealers and ask them to take one or 2 more. if ford and SAI have an agreement about a certain number of cars then ford will send them that many mustangs. to honest i have no idea the number that they agreed on.

thanks

michael

what will happen if ford doesnt get the orders from the dealers that the expect, the zone mgrs will start calling the dealers and ask them to take one or 2 more. if ford and SAI have an agreement about a certain number of cars then ford will send them that many mustangs. to honest i have no idea the number that they agreed on.

thanks

michael

Ford first said Shelby was supposed to make 10,000 Shelby GT's. Then they lowered it to 6,000 cars maximum to maintain its exclusiveness. That was the actual number agreed on per Ford Motor Co & Shelby & every post and all information I have ever seen here or during my whole time researching and buying this car. :)

wow. what a bargain!....

I kind of wish I had shopped around a little more now and found a not-so-greedy dealer.

Me too. I thought there would be a huge markup on these. I guess at first they were getting 10k sometimes more. Now all over at msrp/ I paid 3 K over and still havent gotten my car. Waiting on mods. I ordered it dec 6 2006!. I hope any week now. <bleep> those s/chargers!

Me too. I thought there would be a huge markup on these. I guess at first they were getting 10k sometimes more. Now all over at msrp/ I paid 3 K over and still havent gotten my car. Waiting on mods. I ordered it dec 6 2006!. I hope any week now. <bleep> those s/chargers!

I still have not figured out what the MSRP on these cars really are...... :blink:

Even if it did sell for $36,950, the dealer still made a small profit.

I still have not figured out what the MSRP on these cars really are...... :blink:

If you see the Ford Sticker, add $8390 for shelby additions and GGT.

Barry, go to Ford's website and quote a premium or a deluxe Mustang GT. Add the $2140 54U package and the $8390 Shelby package and that's MSRP.

In case you missed it in the other thread, here's one on ebay with a buy it now price of $37,500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm guessing this is a $600 profit for the dealer based on the following assumptions:

Invoice for Premium GT ~$25,942

Invoice for Upfitters package ~$1862

Invoice for Sirius system ~$170

Invoice for IUP: $400

Invoice for active anti theft ~$283

Total Invoice ~$28,657

Total MSRP: ~$30,720

Destination: $745

Shelby upgrade and Gas Tax $8390

= Total invoice: $37,792

= Total MSRP: $39110

MSRP-invoice = $1318 + ~$900 holdback = $3218 profit if sold at MSRP

Dealer cost = invoice - holdback or $36,892

So $37,500 - $36892 = $608

Even if it did sell for $36,950, the dealer still made around a $1300-1400 profit.

If you see the Ford Sticker, add $8390 for shelby additions and GGT.

[/quote

You add $2140 for the upfitters package then $8390 for Shelby to install the options. I have never seen a SGT for the advertised $36,900 base price. But customers always add their personal stuff and it comes in around $40K. Mine was over 41K but I negotiated a $500 discount off MSRP and I felt I got a great deal! :P

Like I said, rare to the dealer, NOT to the general public. Why else can they be had at less than MSRP? True rare cars command a high price based on availability. There are plenty of them for sale and most people do not understand how different they really are from the regular GT. They look at the upcharge and scoff at it , then leave it on the showroom floor. It may be desired by many so-called Mustang enthusiasts, but not enough to scoop up every last one that is for sale.

I think the Shelby GT is the finest, most unique Mustang ever produced by Ford/Shelby and is truely different from all others they've offered (up until now). And anyone who has one has a unique Mustang. One that you would drive and be proud of and rightfully so.

Ford is in the sales game and they know how to play it well. They'll come out with something in the future that will make most previous models fade away to a degree. Just think of what's potentially to come-Boss 302, Bullitt, Mach1, GT350, etc. The game will start all over again. Rare has many different definitions obviously, but to me, it means you can't get one or is very hard to get and commands a higher price than asked for. Ford is feeding on the emotional attachment associated with the 60's-70's, which by the way, will not be repeated with regards to future values. The Shelby GT was meant to be enjoyed. Create some memories with this fine car and drive 'em!

Archived