TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby / NAIAS

robertlane

Look, suds, you're not fooling anyone. We know you want to loosen him up and then get him to sell you one of the cars Ford must have promised him. Very transparent.

LOL... Are you kidding me.... If I was going to loosen him up it would be for his CSX2000 cobra not the GT500.

My dad always said if you are going to rob a bank do it for $100,000 dollars not $100. But a I guess a little growling in front of him could hurt. :lol:

If I can only figure a way to make him believe that giving me a car could change my life for the better.. Wait, I know. Dear Mr. Shelby, please help my poor sick child. All she ever wanted was a brand new Shelby GT500. She is still to young to drive but I will take care of it until she is old enough....

No, I got a better one. I'll walk in with crutches and explain to Mr. Shelby that I had a very bad accident running to my computer to read the latest news on the GT500. I tell him that my doctor believes the best therapy for my legs is the exercise them daily shifting the clutch in the car. I'll even bring a prescription with me..

Maybe if I tattoo his face on my chest.........no, I'll photoshop a picture of me in front of his car and tell him how good I make the car look...(I'll even autograph it FOR FREE)......no, I take my whole family to see him and tell him that car makes the perfect family car. You created a car with 4 seats and I have a family of 4, its destiny.

What do you think? Do I have a shot? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

It is important to pick one story and stick to it no matter what. It's also got to cover a lot of bases to ensure you strike a chord, any chord. Let's see, how about this. 'Mr. Shelby, I need some advice from a person who has weathered personal adversity. My youngest daughter, who is one-sixteenth Eskimo, was turned down by the make a wish foundation because, instead of asking for something she really needed for herself, which is liver, heart and lung transplants, she only asked for her best friend to get a ride in one of those new Mustangs, a GT 50 or something like that. She thought it had your name on it, sir, and she remembered that 'cause she buys lots of chili mix that has a similar name to yours on it. She loves it by the way. But, anyway, the heartless Ford dealer in our small town just laughed at my poor pathetic daughter laying there on the gurney - not Dan, mind you - all plugged up to all that hospital equipment. He said he wasn't able to get one of them cars because there was this thing called a quota and lots of people who had lots of money were going to buy them and keep them in garages until long after my daughter isn't with us anymore. So, Mr Shelby, I thought maybe you might see if you could help us borrow or rent one of those cars, just until my daughter isn't with us any more (DON'T tell him when you expect her to graduate from college and move out.).' Show him a grainy picture of your Cocker Spaniel on snow skiis just for effect.

HTH.

Show him a grainy picture of your Cocker Spaniel on snow skiis just for effect.

HTH.

Do you think I can get him to autograph for me.. :unsure:

That had to be the best line I've read in a long time. I already shorted out on keyboard due to a member on this board, don't you make me do it again.

Funny stuff..

According to his liason at Ford, Shelby will be there Sunday (08 Jan) and possibly part of Monday. Tuesday is not yet known. Of course, things can change.

I think those days are for Press only days. the schedule is as follows:

Press Days:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 8 - Tuesday, January 10, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must have a NAIAS issued media credential to attend the show during Press Days.

Times: Will be based on the press conference schedule. The schedule will be posted in late November.

Media Credentials

For more information about registration click here or contact the media credential office at 248.283.5125 or media2006@dada.org.

IMPORTANT: All persons entering the show floor with a credential during press and public days will be required to present additional identification (a valid driver's license or passport) for validation.

Industry Preview Days: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 11 & Thursday, January 12, 2006

Industry Preview Days is an exclusive opportunity for companies in the automotive industry to invite their key contacts, suppliers and employees to preview one of the top auto shows in the world. This is the perfect time for companies to share in the excitement of the auto show before the official opening to the public.

At NAIAS 2005, over 35,000 people from over 2,100 companies and 24 countries attended this special event. Industry Preview Days 2006 are Wednesday, January 11, from noon - 9:00 p.m. and Thursday, January 12, from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Charity Preview: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 13, 2006

General Information:

17,500 people attended the 2005 Charity Preview, raising more than $7 million for 11 Detroit-area children's charities. Since its 1976 inception, the black tie event has raised over $58 million. For more information on the NAIAS 2006 Charity Preview, call 248.643.0250 or email the Charity Preview Department.

NAIAS 2006 Information:

Date: Friday, January 13, 2006

Hours: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Ticket Price: $400 (Advanced Purchases Only)

Parking Information: Self parking is available at the Millennium Garage. Fort Street to First, then south on First to the garage entrance. Use Congress entrance to Cobo.

Limousines, busses and shuttle vehicles contact DADA staff at 248.283.5116.

More information or to be added to the ticket waiting list: 888.838.7500

Overview of Charities benefiting from the Charity Preview:

Barat Child and Family Services: Providing a source of hope for abused and neglected girls, ages 13 - 17, since 1925. A Division of Matrix Human Services. 313.831.1000

Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan: Provides "safe" places where more than 20,000 children participate in positive activities and programs. Role models and mentors help children become all that they can be at The Positive Place for Kids! 248.473.1400

Boys Hope/Girls Hope of Detroit: Helps children who are hurt and at-risk, yet academically capable to realize their potential by providing value-centered and family-like homes and quality education through college. 313.862.0707

The Children's Center: Developing strong children and successful families, offering 25 programs to aid multi-problem children throughout Metro Detroit. 313.831.5535 ext.1146

Children's Homes of Judson Center: Serving abused, neglected, developmentally disabled children and their families since 1924. 248.549.4339

Children's Services of Northeast Guidance Center Assistance League: Treatment and prevention for emotional disturbances in children. 313.245.7009

Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund: Established in 1998 at the Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan, the fund makes grants to programs and activities that assist children and youth in the seven-county region.* 313.961.6675

The Detroit Institute for Children: Providing outpatient medical and rehabilitative care to children and young adults with disabilities since 1920. 313.832.1100

Detroit Police Athletic League (PAL): Promotes educational and recreational opportunities for young Detroiters through community-based programs that will help them become productive, contributing members of society. 313.596.1751

Easter Seal Society of Southeastern Michigan, Inc.: For 84 years Easter Seals has provided therapeutic programs to children with disabilities. Creating solutions, changing lives. 248.386.9600

March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation: Successfully fighting to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects and infant mortality through community services, advocacy, research and education. 248.359.1550

*Any charity interested in applying for a grant from the Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund should contact the COMMUNITY FOUNDATION FOR SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN, 333 West Fort Street, Suite 2010, Detroit, MI 48226-3134, 313.961.6675, or visit the Foundation website at http://www.cfsem.org.

Public Show:

Saturday, January 14 through Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cobo Conference/Exhibition Center

One Washington Boulevard

Detroit, MI 48226

Driving directions

Times:

Saturday, January 14 through Saturday, January 21:

9 a.m.-10 p.m. (no admittance after 9 p.m.)

Sunday, January 22:

9 a.m.-7 p.m. (no admittance after 6 p.m.)

Access for Handicapped individuals during public show is at 8 a.m.

Ticket Prices:

Adult: $12

Senior Citizen (65 and older): $6

Children 7-12: $5

Children 6 and under free with their parent (every child in a school group must have a ticket to enter the show, see Group Tickets for discounts)

Ticket Purchasing Options:

eTickets - Click here

>> Will provide you with a voucher to be redeemed for tickets at the eTicket window.

>> eTicket window open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Jan. 14 - 21 and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Jan. 22.

>> Each order must be picked up in its entirety.

>> Children 6 and under are free when accompanied by a parent and do not require a ticket.

>> Senior and children (ages 7-12) discount tickets may only be purchased at the door.

Group Tickets - Click here

>> Discounted rate ($8 per ticket) for groups of 25 or more.

>> Children 6 and under are free when accompanied by a parent and do not require a ticket.

>> Senior and children (ages 7-12) discount tickets may only be purchased at the door.

Ticketmaster

>> To find a Ticketmaster store location near you click here.

Purchase at the Door

>> Tickets may be purchased the day of the show at any ticket booth located in the Cobo Center concourse.

Wow, look at this! Geeeez, I get busy today (no web surf for me!) and looky what develops. Shoot, I am bummed! Well, Mr Suds, I am sorry about that keyboard. If I remember right, you paid me back in spades!

Anyway, I have been eating Shel's Chili for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time (really). And I, uh :rolleyes: have managed to save every UPC label (not really)--12,000 of them! So, for a good cause (and $5000 non-refundable shipping charge), I'll send 'em to you. Think of the big tear that will well up in his eyes when you drive that forklift up to the NAIAS floor with all those UPC's!!! And you'll even help pay for my rally stripes! It's a win-win. B)

Really, though...I'm a little bummed that you all are going w/out me....have fun! Remember, lots of pix, and a full report of the show...as well as any debauchery that occurs there. :o

Ok, here's my request........

If Mr. Shelby is going to be there ONLY on Media days, I need a favor from anyone who has an "in". For almost 4 years, I've been hanging on to a birth announcement from our daughter, Shelby. It looks like a little fake driver's license. I always wanted to send it, but never knew where to send it, and had no guarantee the man himself would get the card. If I mail it to someone, can you see that he gets it? It's kind of important..........out of all the children, she's the ONLY one who has a natural interest in cars. It's like it was meant to be.

Anyhow, below is a recent pic...........notice the shirt, it's one of her faves (she calls it "The shirt with my name on it").

306.JPG

306.JPG

Crispy, I was waiting patiently for you to jump all over that thread. Yes you are correct that we are even but at least the stuff you spewed all over your keyboard was chunky..... :P

I'll definitely take some pictures for you and if you ask me very nicely,........I'll take a video or two for you.

Archived