TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to Buy - Need Your Help

mjeagent

Hello all - looking to buy a new white Shelby GT within 24 to 48 hours - need your help.

Their are two dealerships in my area that have a white Shelby GT in their showrooms.

One has theirs priced at $50,600 and one is priced at $44500. I assume the options are the same, just the AMD is the difference.

What is a fair offer for me to make?

Also, I qualify for x-plan - has anyone been able to pull off an x-plan purchase on one of these. If not pricing - how about the dealership using the x-plan financing or no fees?

Thanks.

Hello all - looking to buy a new white Shelby GT within 24 to 48 hours - need your help.

Their are two dealerships in my area that have a white Shelby GT in their showrooms.

One has theirs priced at $50,600 and one is priced at $44500. I assume the options are the same, just the AMD is the difference.

What is a fair offer for me to make?

Also, I qualify for x-plan - has anyone been able to pull off an x-plan purchase on one of these. If not pricing - how about the dealership using the x-plan financing or no fees?

Thanks.

There are dealers here and on ebay selling for MSRP the price to ship or fly and drive are a lot less than these ADM amounts. Collect the postings here in the For Sale thread here, as well as ebay, and go in and offer your dealer MSRP. See if they bite if not then buy from one of the dealers here or start offering MSRP to the dealers on ebat who can end the auction at anytime.

BTW: DO NOT tell the dealer you are looking for white only. You loose some bargining power there. Collect all the SGT (black or white) ads and postings here so he can see his ADM isn't going to fly with you if he wants to sell the car. Tell him you would rather buy local, less hassle, but a $600 shipping charge is a lot less than a 5-10K ADM.

Good luck!

Both cars have this package/options:

STK/ORD# 7269 07 MUSTANG GT COUPE PREMIUM IN-STOCK

COMPUTER # J438368FLM BODYSIZE Y

EXT/INT CLR HP PERF. WHITE/ KW DK CHARCOAL LTHR SPT BKT #CYL 8 MPG

SERIAL# 1ZVHT82H575290533 LOCATION LIST PRICE

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

PKG 140A OPTION PACKAGE

DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS ANTI LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL POWER 6-WAY DRIVERS SEAT

44K 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS

14A ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 17L WHEEL LOCKING KIT

50S SATELLITE DIGITAL BROADCAST 54U GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE

58X DVD BASED NAVIAGTION SYSTEM DEST DESTINATION

GAS GAS FDAF FDAF

BASE BASE SHELBY SHELBY GT PACKAGE

Both dealerships are offering their vehicles for $45,645 (both stating that the regular price is $50,465).

Haven't pushed them yet on price - any advice.

Also, told no way in regards to X-Plan pricing or assistance.

The actual MSRP on these cars is around $41-42. That's the Ford sticker, that MUST be on the car, and the additional $8300 SAI + GGT sticker that no longer has the price on it. Offer them 42K and see what they say.

But again...don't get all ga ga over white or DVD, etc., in other words any SGT will fill your need so if they want to make a deal they need to sharpen their pencil.

Go to this thread - Shelby GT's For Sale or Wanted. Rick

I will see how they react to $42,000 and let you know.

What do you think of the package/options. Am I missing anything?

Well, that was quick - both came back with "$45,465 is my best price and that is FIRM."

Get the info for the cars on the list and call your sales person back and tell them these are the cars, the dealers and the prices, are you sure you're firm?

If so you need to decide what to do...as I said, driving to pick one up or shipping is a lot less $$$!

BTW: Who are these greedy dealers and where are they located?

I told the sales guy that there are dealerships in both GA and NY (Albany) that are offering similar models at MSRP (information i got from the post).

I asked if he would do something at MSRP.

He responded with an adrupt, one-liner of "I have given you my best price and it is FIRM."

This dealer is Jerry's Ford located in Leesburg, Virginia.

I guess i could go back to him and see if he would do $42,000 but his abrupt answer leads me down the road of thinking he is not interested in working with me.

Tried another dealer in the area who has one, but haven't heard back from them yet.

mjeagent - Like the other posters suggested, go to SGT's for sale thread, Rick has a white SGT for sale in the Indianapolis area at a super good deal! Also, Mike from Morris Ford and Jason from Tower Ford have cars available NOW!. They both are asking MSRP. If you check out Ebay, these cars have NOT been going for much, if anything, over MSRP. I wouldn't pay over MSRP to any dealer, unless the markup was LESS than transportation depending on where you are at. Your one liner to that dealer should be "SEE YA'!!

Check MD and PA! I am certain you can get a better deal than that. I bought mine about a month ago and paid $37,200. The dealerships are having a tough time selling these cars. Well especially having a tough time selling them for over MSRP. Many people, MOST people, still have no clue what a Shelby GT is. This helps us all cause like others have said, this is the Shelby that may fly under the radar. Lucky for us we all get a little better deal on a true Shelby vehicle.

Good Luck Shopping!

mj I bought from the Shelor Motor Mile in Christiansburg VA and that was very unexpected. I have had two call backs last week from dealers that I talked to about a Shelby GT and they are both selling them for sticker of like $38,800 or so one is in Richmond VA, and the other is in West Virginia. Both are White Shelby GT 5 speed manuals Shelor is supposed to get a black automatic sometime or another.

Thanks guys.

My only issue with dealing with a dealership that is not local is my trade.

How do I deal with my trade with a dealer that is not local? I assume this is a hassle and if a deal is struck, requires not only transportation of the Shelby to me, but my trade to the dealer.

Also, is there a quicker way to locate Shelby's, aside from phoning each one?

If you can wait, our local Chamber of Commerce here in Chatham, Cape Cod, MA will soon open our 2007 Summer Raffle - $50 will buy you a one in 1776 chance of winning a new 2007 white Shelby GT ! While we are not allowed to send raffle tickets in the mail, you are invited to come see us after May 1 to buy tickets - give me a call at 508-945-2470 and I will reserve some tickets if you are interested! (J.T.)

Thanks guys.

My only issue with dealing with a dealership that is not local is my trade.

How do I deal with my trade with a dealer that is not local? I assume this is a hassle and if a deal is struck, requires not only transportation of the Shelby to me, but my trade to the dealer.

Also, is there a quicker way to locate Shelby's, aside from phoning each one?

i sold my white sgt, but i have 3 more on the way. i have VINs. 2 black and 1 white. i dont have a problem talking trade with ya. of course these 3 cars are a month away from getting her. dont know if your interested in waiting. let me know and we can talk about your trade. maybe send some pics to my email.

thanks

michael morris

Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Private sale maybe open to reasonable offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

White, just listed! Shaker 1000 with a Buy It Now of 40K!!!!! That's MSRP ordamn close to it!!!!!

That buy it now price IS MSRP!

Look at the window sticker.

$31,340 + $745 D&D + $8,390 SAI = $40,475 MSRP!

Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Private sale maybe open to reasonable offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

White, just listed! Shaker 1000 with a Buy It Now of 40K!!!!! That's MSRP or <bleep> close to it!!!!!

hey matt

i agree on the second car, but i think the first car is going to be high. i think he bought that car to resale and make a dollar or too. more power to him and i know we have had that conversion before, but i bet you cant buy it at MSRP. any bets on that.

i know someone will email him and see if he has a buy it now price.

michael morris

Call me!

516-466-6400

I might take X-Plan

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

Jason, we both know, or at least you should know, that there is no x-plan available on these cars. Yes I know there is a price printed on the invoice, but if you run a vincent you will see that there is no x-plan reimbursement on these cars. You can of course sell it for whatever you want. I'm going to assume you just didn't know because I can't imagine that your supervisors would allow you to sell one of these units below invoice. Or maybe you guys are going out of business?

MJEAGENT, have you purchased your car yet? If not, I would highly recommend this one on eBay if it's still available.

In another post, fellow Forum contributor KRIS, posted this white SGT with PARCHMENT interior. This has to be pretty rare and I think it looks really awesome.

Ebay - White SGT with Parchment Interior

I emailed the guy to see if it's still available but haven't yet heard back. Boy, after seeing the pictures, I wish I knew this option was available when I ordered. If it was, my dealer didn't tell me.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect to RichD, Michael Morris or Jason at Tower. I would love to see all of them sell their cars. But this one is really cool with the parchment.

Good luck all.

BTW, RichD, did you sell yours yet? Hope you make it through your situation well.

MJEAGENT, have you purchased your car yet? If not, I would highly recommend this one on eBay if it's still available.

In another post, fellow Forum contributor KRIS, posted this white SGT with PARCHMENT interior. THis has to be pretty rare and I think it looks really awesome.

I emaild the guy to see if it's still available but haven't yet heard back. Boy, after seeing the pictures, I wish I knew this option was available when I ordered. If it was, my dealer didn't tell me.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect to RichD, Michael Morris or Jason at Tower. I would love to see oll of them sell their cars. But this one is really cool with the parchment.

Good luck all.

BTW, RichD, did you sell yours yet? Hope you make it through your situation well.

i have no problem helping guys get there cars. the guy does want 3k + over sticker for the car.

i understand i cant sell eveyone, but i can try.

good luck gettting a car. the parchment is diff. not a fan of a 3 colored car. car, stripes and interior all being diff.

michael

In another post, fellow Forum contributor KRIS, posted this white SGT with PARCHMENT interior. This has to be pretty rare and I think it looks really awesome.

I emailed the guy to see if it's still available but haven't yet heard back. Boy, after seeing the pictures, I wish I knew this option was available when I ordered. If it was, my dealer didn't tell me.

This vin still shows as in his inventory.

If you put his zip code into "check inventory" on the ford site, it will come up.

I dont know how often that is updated though... Michael, Jason ?

No Kalifornia emissions on that car, Ill pass...

I like the parchment. It will last alot longer than vinyl stripes will. I feel that there is enough black and silver/chrome inside for the parchment to not look out of place on the car.

Except for the Sirius, it is exactly what Id order. Still might end up with black interior, Sirius, and no iup. We'll see...

Oh, there is a thread on SU with some recent shots of the yard at SAI. One of the pics had a black car with the parchment interior visible thru the back window... Nice. B)

kris.

Work...been busy. Hope all is well with you! I really think I'm just getting burned out waiting for my car. I'm getting tired of talking about it and just want it to get done. Ugh...

i understand, now im going to call John and tell him to stop holding it and go ahead and finish. i talked to John a few weeks ago and we had an agreement that SAI would stop production on your car until the very last few., but since your losing patience i will have him go ahead and build it for you.

Man i wish i had that kind of control over production of a car. i have been waiting for an 08 f250 demo for a month now. it was going to be here last week and still havent seen it.

matt im sure you will be happy when it comes in. just a few more days

michael

Archived