TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of White SGTw/ spoiler and lower grille

SAI-John

No, this car does not belong to one of you guys. It is a prototype car that was out, so I asked if I could take a couple of shots for you guys. So, here they are.............

whitelowergrille.jpg?t=1176500730

whitespoiler.jpg?t=1176500749

feedback?

-John

I like the smooth look without the spoiler and as far as the lower grill I want the driving lights and brake ducts but will pass on it. I, however, like minimal things and I think it is too much bling to have the upper and lower grill. I like small details overall. Now I am sure there are going to be many that do like it, especially the spoiler and I hope they get it. That way all of our cars become more unique to what we as individuals want.

:D

John, would have really been nice if you would have used my car with the lights............Been cool to see it on here before I ever got it..............Plus that would have meant it was ready for shipping......LOL

Tim Myer

No, this car does not belong to one of you guys. It is a prototype car that was out, so I asked if I could take a couple of shots for you guys. So, here they are.............

feedback?

-John

Awesome! :)

This is my car, if it had the CS6 Hood that is, but VERY nice! I'm a spoiler guy so while I like the clean lines I think with the scoop it realt balances the car visually.

Thanks John....but this does just make me want my car more.

:(

John, would have really been nice if you would have used my car with the lights............Been cool to see it on here before I ever got it..............

Tim Myer

Looks pretty !!

Does anyone have pics of a Shelby GT with the 500 spoiler on it?

Debating if I want to add a spoiler.

Thanks,

Sue

Awesome! :)

This is my car, if it had the CS6 Hood that is, but VERY nice! I'm a spoiler guy so while I like the clean lines I think with the scoop it realt balances the car visually.

Thanks John....but this does just make me want my car more.

:(

This I agree with completely! Which is why I am getting the CS6 hood as well. Then it is all subdued on a black car.

:)

I think the car looks too generic there is no new sculpture there that should be there with a Shelby GT with options. The bottom grill is too squared off and appears poorly made (looks like it is made by a rookie metal worker from here). The upper factory SGT grill has beautiful rounded corners compared to the lower grill. The spoiler makes it look like "just" a lowered Mustang GT, bad choice there. I think the car over all is a failure, needs to be redone and then readdressed with a professional designer.

Sorry John but that is the way I see it on my monitor, hopefully it looks REALLY better in person!

My 2 cents.

I think the car looks too generic there is no new sculpture there that should be there with a Shelby GT with options. The bottom grill is too squared off and appears poorly made (looks like it is made by a rookie metal worker from here). The upper factory SGT grill has beautiful rounded corners compared to the lower grill. The spoiler makes it look like "just" a lowered Mustang GT, bad choice there. I think the car over all is a failure, needs to be redone and then readdressed with a professional designer.

Sorry John but that is the way I see it on my monitor, hopefully it looks REALLY better in person!

My 2 cents.

John,

I have heard alot about these brake ducts and lower driving lights but have no idea what they look like. Where can I see pics? And for my two pennies I do not like the lower grill or GT spoiler either. I think a ducktail spoiler would look much better and wish that SAI would offer this and maybe a set of quarter window scoops as well.

My 2 cents.

WOW! Thanks for sharing! To each his own and as they say beauty is in the eye...or is that opinions are like... :lol:

Really glad you posted that John.

I was thinking of just the lower grill. No way now, too squared off.

I do like the grill, and fog lights look on the gt-h convertible concept. Though, I wish there was an option for fog lighs and the lower grill, without brake ductss.

Stock GT spoiler - no thanks. I also agree. A small ducktail would be killer. I think 3D carbon makes a nice little one.

Guess I'm torn now on anything down low up front or not.

Do brake duct kits really help the brake performance? I hate to get non-functional brake ducks.

.....I agree the lower grill in the picture looks squared off. But, I am not sure what some were expecting. It goes in a rectanuglar space. The opening in the lower fascia has square corners. The opening in the upper grill has rounded corners, so it looks rounded. I am curious why it looks like it has vertical sides, almost like a frame. Perhaps it is some kind of illusion. The grill didn't look that way on the GT-H Convertible.

John, do you have a picture from directly in front. That might clear some things up.

......John,

I am also a bit confused. You once posted the driving light, brake duct and lower grill all came together. On the shopping page the grill shows separate and it shows you can get the brake ducts with or without the driving lights. Did I miss read something or are there changes in store somwhere.

Thank You,

Chris

......John,

I am also a bit confused. You once posted the driving light, brake duct and lower grill all came together. On the shopping page the grill shows separate and it shows you can get the brake ducts with or without the driving lights. Did I miss read something or are there changes in store somwhere.

Thank You,

Chris

I "think" I can clear this up.

Ok...the pictures here are of the "Lower Grill Insert" basically, at $79, this is to the bottom grill what the top SAI grill is to the usual Ford pony grill. Only difference is it's not covering what's already there, it's covering a rather ugly hole that shows the heat exchanger of the radiator.

Most of you are talking about the "Front Fascia Brake Duct and Driving Lamp Kit" or the "Front Fascia Brake Duct Kit" in the case of the "Front Fascia Brake Duct and Driving Lamp Kit" this is basically what you see in the pictures of the GTH Vert in the gallery. I've never seen a picture of the "Front Fascia Brake Duct Kit" but I would assume it's similar just no lights! ;) Both of these units completely take the place of the stock lower grill pieces, those black plastic pieces on either side, while the "Lower Grill Insert" simply attaches to these existing parts and simply closes up the space between them.

Does that help at all?

matt

.....I agree the lower grill in the picture looks squared off. But, I am not sure what some were expecting. It goes in a rectanuglar space. The opening in the lower fascia has square corners. The opening in the upper grill has rounded corners, so it looks rounded. I am curious why it looks like it has vertical sides, almost like a frame. Perhaps it is some kind of illusion. The grill didn't look that way on the GT-H Convertible.

John, do you have a picture from directly in front. That might clear some things up.

Yes, I don't like the squared off look either but I think that was a compromise to have something on either side to attach them to the stock pieces on either side. I wonder if black plastic would have been a better choice?

Well...at any rate it's a low cost option to close up that gaping hole if you so desire otherwise go for one of the other two options.

B)

My 2 cents.

Ok...now that I have calmed down a bit...

You know there are people here that put their hearts and souls into these cars at SAI. There are some of us that have different opinions of what is beautiful or ugly some like the white cars, some the black. Some like the spoiler on the Stock GT, like the spoilers on the old Boss 302 or Boss 429, while others don't want ANY spoiler at all. But I think regardless, up until now, we've always treated one another with respect. Above all, while we may not agree with everything Ford and SAI have done we know it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback and for them, as well as us, this a new experience...we're all learning.

People that work on these cars have a deep emotional investment and a lot of sweat and effort. Sure you may not like one thing or another, that that's fine, and you can disagree with some things, as I have, but you don't need to be disagreeable doing it! You made your choice, you have your car, and from what you've posted, you seem to be enjoying it, so why not let the rest of us enjoy our choices as well.

As I said, you have the right to your opinion, and the right to express it, but you also have an obligation as a human being to be civil about it and sensitive to the fact that your words can be hurtful and counter productive.

I can only think that John posted these pictures out of pride for the work they have done and as a favor to those of us that have been asking for these specific modifications. In return you spew venom I really, from all your previous posts, did not expect.

I would like to think you didn't mean to come off this way...

Enjoy your Shelby and be thankful you don't have a rear spoiler and a lower grill insert...could be worse for you...these could have been stock!

;)

John, I think it looks awesome. Appreciate you taking the time to post this. My preference is no spoiler but I love the front grilles.

Swedeshelby, there is opinion and then there are comments like yours. Don't know why you bother being on this forum with comments like that?

SMGT, here is a location to see more (It's the Hertz Vert in the gallery):

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/gthc0/gthc010-1024.jpg

First and foremost, I love Shelbys since the early 60's and always will, so you have that. Secondly if I see something that appears that was done in haste or without a true designers touch then i will add my comment. This is a public forum and I have read many comments here that I did not care for but I never personally asked why someone was here. I love my new Ebony SGT with NAV & 5 speed and belive it is one of the best Shelby's yet. In fact I took this car over the GT500! So I am Sorry you took my comment so rough, I just do not care for it and I posted as such.

"I am Sorry you took my comment so rough, I just do not care for it and I posted as such."

No, no you didn't do that and that's the point. You didn't say "I don't care for it" you went MUCH further and that I think is unfortunate and sadly worse you don't see that. You might as well have said that my car is junk and a, what was the word, oh yes, a "failure". Would you have said that to my face at a meet? If not then why here? Civility ends at the computer screen? :(

Matt,

I apprecaite you trying to explain the shopping page but your answer doesn't quite fit. Every product on the shopping site says what it comes with. If the brake duct fascia (with or without driving lights) comes with the lower grill, why doesn't it say with lower grill or lower grill included. You know my opinion of the lower grill and I just want to be clear what I am buying. But thank you for trying.

No, no you didn't do that and that's the point. You didn't say "I don't care for it" you went MUCH further and that I think is unfortunate and sadly worse you don't see that. You might as well have said that my car is junk and a, what was the word, oh yes, a "failure". Would you have said that to my face at a meet? If not then why here? Civility ends at the computer screen? :(

Cmatt -I love my SGT, Ebony 5 speed with NAV, period. Please try to understand I want these cars to be the best they can be and if I post what I don't care for, and many people agreed with me, then maybe we'll get just what we do want when changes are made. Please do not take this as a personal matter, it was just a post and opinion ( like _ _ _ holes every body has one) and nothing more. Sorry if it upset you so. :)

Matt,

I apprecaite you trying to explain the shopping page but your answer doesn't quite fit. Every product on the shopping site says what it comes with. If the brake duct fascia (with or without driving lights) comes with the lower grill, why doesn't it say with lower grill or lower grill included. You know my opinion of the lower grill and I just want to be clear what I am buying. But thank you for trying.

Yeah, it sure would help if they added the pictures up there rather than coming soon. But in another thread, no idea now where, John said that the brake duct fascia was what you see on the GT Vert and I took that to mean everything. He never said to me...but don't you want the insert? In fact if you look at the GTH Very there is no way that the insert here would fit anyway.

For $380 I hope I'm right! :huh:

Cmatt -I love my SGT, Ebony 5 speed with NAV, period. Please try to understand I want these cars to be the best they can be and if I post what I don't care for, and many people agreed with me, then maybe we'll get just what we do want when changes are made. Please do not take this as a personal matter, it was just a post and opinion ( like _ _ _ holes every body has one) and nothing more. Sorry if it upset you so. :)

Accepted! Enough said!

Maybe I am jealous you have a car, even though it is black, and I'm still waiting.

:angry:

BTW: You do know that white SGTs are faster than black SGTs...proven fact....just sayin!

Archived