TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance Expectations w/SC

toddames

Has anyone heard what the approx 1/4 mile or 0-60 times should be the the supercharger option. I have heard the SGT is a little lighter than the GT500. If we get 475hp and are lighter, that sounds like a pretty even playing field. That is when knowing how to shift is ohhhh sooo important. :)

Has anyone heard what the approx 1/4 mile or 0-60 times should be the the supercharger option. I have heard the SGT is a little lighter than the GT500. If we get 475hp and are lighter, that sounds like a pretty even playing field. That is when knowing how to shift is ohhhh sooo important. :)

The times should be a hair better or the same than the GT500. I heard that people who have track raced a ShelbyGT with a GT500 have said they stood close to them, 2/10's of a second without the S/C being installed. Now I do not know if this is pure talk or what but the numbers stand up in trial runs too. So with our lower stance, more ride control and sway control, short-throw shifting linkage etc... we should be at least an be an even match with the GT500 when the S/C is installed in the ShelbyGT. My 2 cents.

If anyone is interested in the SC kit there is a good article in Mustang Enthusiast June edition. Its the Paxton Novi-2200, same as stamped by CS. Conservative tune 410rwhp 387ft lbs to the tires = approx 475hp 430ft lbs tq. Not too shabby. Also they say 500hp is not out of the question with race gas and a more aggressive tune, however that will ultimately =BOOM.

Archived