TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is the lower grill in this pic available?

stump_breaker

To each is his own oppinion, I prefer the lights and duct working without the lower grill insert. I will have mine that way.

I was thinking the same, even considered dropping the idea, until I looked at the car in person for the first time yesterday. Without this insert you see the heat exchanger and it's pipe slanted at an angle. Not very attractive.

:o

not really, I just don't like the look of the grill below. I think it draw attention away from the upper grill and just looks out of place. Maybe I'll paint it black. I infered from John, that the grill and lights come as a package but in the shopping page they are separate. I'll ask John to leave it off. I can always install it later. If there are going to be important pieces down there the protection isn't a bad idea. I better not throw the paint can away.

not really, I just don't like the look of the grill below. I think it draw attention away from the upper grill and just looks out of place. Maybe I'll paint it black. I infered from John, that the grill and lights come as a package but in the shopping page they are separate. I'll ask John to leave it off. I can always install it later. If there are going to be important pieces down there the protection isn't a bad idea. I better not throw the paint can away.

I actually like the idea of a blacked out version! Humm..I know SAI is working on a black version of the grill so perhaps a lower black grill will follow? Maybe I will wait. I agree that while it does cover the ugly silver heat exchanger.

I suppose it does detract a bit from the grill...but sometimes I look and think it adds...I really hate when you guys bring up alternative views. :angry: Hopefully my car will be done soon and what's done is done!

Hi all,

I do have the lower chrome billet grille in stock. It runs $79.95 I must say, it does look sweeet!!!!!! I have not seen the black ones yet, so I do not know how they will look. But if it were mine, I would add the lower grille. Not only for looks, but for protection. There's a big ole opening there where rocks and debris could get kicked up and go right through your ac condenser.

As for installing the lower grille. Its kind of easy to do. But please note-- THIS LOWER GRILLE WILL ONLY FIT ON THE CALIFORNIA SPECIAL FASCIA!!!!

To install it, remove the 2 outer "faux" gille pieces. They just snap out. The place the grille from the inside. You will notice on the lower grille there are "braces" on the outer edges of the grille and there is a hole on each side. Place the grille in, drill through the holes and through the fascia. Pop rivit it inplace, replace the 2 outer "faux" pieces and wala! you're done!!!!!!

If you have any other questions, please drop me a line at Budm@shelbyautos.com

Thank you,

Bud

Hi all,

I do have the lower chrome billet grille in stock. It runs $79.95 I must say, it does look sweeet!!!!!! I have not seen the black ones yet, so I do not know how they will look. But if it were mine, I would add the lower grille. Not only for looks, but for protection. There's a big ole opening there where rocks and debris could get kicked up and go right through your ac condenser.

As for installing the lower grille. Its kind of easy to do. But please note-- THIS LOWER GRILLE WILL ONLY FIT ON THE CALIFORNIA SPECIAL FASCIA!!!!

To install it, remove the 2 outer "faux" gille pieces. They just snap out. The place the grille from the inside. You will notice on the lower grille there are "braces" on the outer edges of the grille and there is a hole on each side. Place the grille in, drill through the holes and through the fascia. Pop rivit it inplace, replace the 2 outer "faux" pieces and wala! you're done!!!!!!

Thank you,

Bud

So that translates to not for the SGT? :blink:

EDIT, OK maybe I misunderstood. So this is the lower grill insert for 79.95 and the Front Fascia Brake Duct and Driving Lamp Kit that's COMING SOON?!? ARRRRGH!! I had my credit card out and ready to order.....

Hi all,

Thank you,

Bud

Awwww! I didn't know about this grill! I've been struggling with the full lamp one. At $79 + install this might be a no-brainer!

Thanks Bud!

Archived