TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil quantity and type

rootdoc

This is a question for those who have taken delivery already. What is the oil capacity in the 5.4, and what type of oil is recommended?

Thanks,

Rick

Fully synthetic 5W50 and I believe it takes 6.5 quarts. I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning for my first oil chane at the dealership I bought it at. 1700 miles so it's time plus it's free. The only oil I have seen in my area 5W50 is made by Castrol and I have found it at K-Mart and Cap Auto for around $6.50 a quart.

Fully synthetic 5W50 and I believe it takes 6.5 quarts. I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning for my first oil chane at the dealership I bought it at. 1700 miles so it's time plus it's free. The only oil I have seen in my area 5W50 is made by Castrol and I have found it at K-Mart and Cap Auto for around $6.50 a quart.

Thanks Brian,

I like doing my on service when possible. info is much appriciated.

Thanks Brian,

I like doing my on service when possible. info is much appriciated.

Along these lines, are there any other quirkey requirments for this engine/drive train such as special filters or lubricants that should be purchased for long term care?

Along these lines, are there any other quirkey requirments for this engine/drive train such as special filters or lubricants that should be purchased for long term care?

I will ask the dealer this morning during my oil change. I would imagine there is a maintenance schedule that applies to fluids and filters, but I'm not sure how to calculate or convert to a vehicle that will have limited mileage.

I am also going to discuss with my dealer this morning about extended maintenance service plans. I know it has the basic bumper to bumper for 36 months and the power train for 60 months, but to take advantange of the bumper to bumper for 60 months what it's cost would be. I will post findings later today.

Well, so much for my free oil change this morning at Franklin Ford. When I got there this morning with my complimentary oil change certificate I was informed that there would be a charge of $8 per quart due to the expense of 5W50 oil. HA! HA! Their complementary oil changes for customers normally run $2 per quart so that was all they were offering to me. This is after talking with them three times on the phone to schedule this mornings appointment. They had to special order the oil for me so I hope they get stuck and if not I

hope they stick the oil up their you know what. HA! HA! Lets see you buy a new car for $25,000 you get an oil change free at $2 a quart. You buy a $45,000 car and by the way give the dealership an additional $20,000 premium and you get a free offer until you arrive at the dealership and then your informed you have to pay $8 a quart. HA! HA! WOW!!!!

I have talked to the owner at Sunnyside Ford and he informed me they would honor any service my Shelby may need while the car is under warranty. That's why I just purchased a new Ranger last week from them. They are good people. Franklin Ford, see ya.

I stopped and purchased the Castrol oil on my way home. Only had to pay $6 a quart so the filter is free plus I get to pay myself the difference for my time.

Sales goes much further than buying a vehicle and places like Quirk in Quincy and Franklin Ford just don't get it. I will talk to Sunnyside about extending the maintenance contract when I go in a couple weeks for my complimentary oil change on my Ranger. It feels nice to vent, thanks for listening. HA! HA! I may consider putting in a complaint to Ford about Franklin's free ...............well almost free complimentary oil changes.

Archived