TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BOLD MOVES - Episode #3

69deluxe

Okay folks, episode #3 is available. This is part 1 of 3 highlighting Shelby's history with Ford.

See Ford Bold Moves

Well, it's a cool vid -- anything with "the man" in it is cool, somehow. :)

Just two comments:

-At least Ford was honest in showing the only recent 'Shelby' to actualy ever be touched by a Shelby Autos employee is the GT-H :)

-It never ceases to amaze me the mind-f :censored: ing that has happened over how the mid-70-'90s are characterized in the automotive world. It was most definately not the cost of fuel that stopped high performance cars as HTT says. It was the environmental regulations that staged in gradually at first and then like a sledgehammer in '74. That's why after that date you see 429's producing 185HP while still getting about the same milage they got when they were making a couple hundred HP more. I loath revisonist history. Of course HTT was a kid in Viet Nam then whe he fell in love with a '60s mustang owned by an American there (and that love is what brought him to the US and Ford -- a wonderfull and true story). But the cost of fuel is just the standard BS all the manufacturers spew to get around the embarassing truth that they dragged their heels so long and the 'clean' solutions offered were so pathetically engineered that the Japanese cleaned their clock with their little efficient 4-bangers and light cars, and the great auto invasion was on. I think it's time we face up to our mistakes in the past. But you know what they say about history: it's written by those who control the pen! Well, this pen is tired of the BS. :rant:

Ep-4 is very cool! Man, that Tremec R6060 is one supersized mutha!

Did you notice the different headers on the V6, 3V and 4V? The V6's are real nice tue headers, the V compact tube headers and the 500-4V are like zero-tube plenum headers. Just the opposite of what I would have expected. Probably makes sense based on space and the fact that tuned extraction is much less critical with the s/c. But I was suprised.

Ep-5 is Juy 20!

I just watched episode 4. Job1 was a white one.... I thought that guy from Barret was supposed to get it.

Yeah, episode #4 has a sweet build documentary! The guy (Ron Pratte) from Barrett-Jackson was to get the first Shelby sold to the public, not the first GT500 built. I wonder how many were reserved before Ron got his.

Episode #5 entitled "Shelby GT500: Meet the Press" will be out on July 20th.

Yeah, episode #4 has a sweet build documentary! The guy (Ron Pratte) from Barrett-Jackson was to get the first Shelby sold to the public, not the first GT500 built. I wonder how many were reserved before Ron got his.

I must have missed the fine print. JOB1 is the begining of "public sales"

Thanks for the heads up on #5.

The number 6780 was the 1st commit order for the 1st sample car to be built for JOB1 testing. These cars were the ones Robert was getting Spy photos of & on the road for us. As they said in the video, this engine must not take any longer to install then any other. Plus the workers have extra stuff to attended to that they normally would not. They found small details they needed to iron out before they started full production runs, and that also needed to get the line workers input on what worked smooth & what didn't so they can take care of it a.s.a.p. before they have to do it 2X's every hour.

I love it when a plan comes together! Code name : SHELBY

Great video. What amazed me is that a Mazda 6 was just ahead of the first Shelby. Looks like that would be parts/production nightmare.

It's not as bad of a nightmare as you would think it is. That's why J.I.T. is just that...so they don't have lots & lots of parts stacked around. things are done in small batches so they are easier to track & handle.

Archived