TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton S/Cer on a GT

Romeo46LV8

I've seen quite a bit of information for the Paxton S/Cer on the board so far. Its been a great amount of help to me in deciding what to do with my own SGT on order, but I had one other question. Does anyone know anyone or have any information on the realiability of the car with this particular S/Cer installed?

I currently own an '01 GT, so my knowledge of the '05+ cars is limited. When the 01's came out, due to a bump in compression that few knew about, engines were grenading left and right when S/Cers were installed on them. While I've heard of no such issues with the '05+ GT's - does anyone have any experience with Paxton and/or similar type blowers?

My SGT will be my daily driver, but I either work from home or travel for work (fly) so I'll be putting less than 6k miles/year on the car. I certainly won't be abusing the car, but I don't want to worry about the realiability of it either with the S/Cer installed (ie. engine, transmission, drive train, etc.). Any feedback is appreciated.

I've seen quite a bit of information for the Paxton S/Cer on the board so far. Its been a great amount of help to me in deciding what to do with my own SGT on order, but I had one other question. Does anyone know anyone or have any information on the realiability of the car with this particular S/Cer installed?

I currently own an '01 GT, so my knowledge of the '05+ cars is limited. When the 01's came out, due to a bump in compression that few knew about, engines were grenading left and right when S/Cers were installed on them. While I've heard of no such issues with the '05+ GT's - does anyone have any experience with Paxton and/or similar type blowers?

My SGT will be my daily driver, but I either work from home or travel for work (fly) so I'll be putting less than 6k miles/year on the car. I certainly won't be abusing the car, but I don't want to worry about the realiability of it either with the S/Cer installed (ie. engine, transmission, drive train, etc.). Any feedback is appreciated.

Anytime you bolt on something like a S/C your running on borrowed time , Unless you keep the power conservative and the tune safe. There will be people that tell you that they are running up to 500 horse with there stock bottom end and not had a problem but, your car maybe the exception to the rule. Personally i plan going S/C but with a nice cushin in my savings account to build the bottom end if she blows. Ford's not going to fix it thats for sure, you are the one that going to have to do it. So If you want to play , you have to pay! Nobody has one yet, they just came in according to SAI. It will be a few weeks before you will here any stories, so stay tuned.........

Archived