TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone have a rattling muffler on bumpy roads?

michael10128

Interesting. <_<

Any chance you can scan the warranty and post?

I currently have an issue with my exhaust banging on the bottom of the car when I hit bumps. It has been to the dealer once and is better, but not fixed YET. I WILL get it resolved, though... :rolleyes:

Gary

I wouldn't think that this would apply to an exhaust hitting the body.

AMENDMENT TO NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY

FOR 2007 MODEL SHELBY GT MUSTANG VEHICLES

EQUIPPED WITH FORD RACING PERFORMANCE PARTS

THIS STATEMENT AMENDS THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY NEW VEHICLE LIMITED

WARRANTY COVERAGE AVAILABLE ON CERTAIN 2007 MODEL SHELBY GT MUSTANGS.

CERTAIN FORD MOTOR COMPANY SHELBY GT MUSTANGS EQUIPPED WITH FORD RACING

PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE COVERED BY THE TERMS OF THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED

WARRANTY AS SET FORTH IN THE WARRANTY GUIDE AND MODIFIED IN THIS AMENDMENT

TO THAT GUIDE

This Shelby GT Mustang has been modified with Ford Racing Performance Parts, including but not limited to,

Performance Pack FR1 and Performance Pack FR3.

• Performance Packs (FR1 Only). Note: Customers are required to use 91 or higher octane fuels at all times.

Any failures associated with the non-use of premium 91 Octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.

• Performance Packs (FR3) Note: The FR-3 performance handling application is designed for "Track Day"

limit ride and handling. Such performance standards suggest vehicle ride performance will be more

indicative of race performance vehicles. Driving conditions including, but not limited to, squeaks, rattles

and harsh ride are not subject to warrantable repair.

Ford Motor Company ("Ford") warrants specific Ford Racing Performance parts identified herein (M-2005-FR1, M-

5251-R, M-2005-FR1A, M-2006-FR1, and M-2005-FR3) found to be defective in factory-supplied material or

workmanship for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the warranty start date when installed on a new

vehicle at the time of vehicle sale.

Ford Racing performance parts are not Genuine Ford parts. Instead, Ford Racing performance packs are

aftermarket parts designed to the standards set in the aftermarket. Therefore, they may not be used in any

application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts.

The following limitations apply to the products covered by this Limited Warranty:

• Where a warranted Ford Racing part is replaced under this limited warranty, the replacement parts are

warranted only for the time remaining in the original Ford Racing warranty.

• Should Ford Racing modify any currently released parts which are covered by this warranty program, Ford

Racing is not obligated to update any previously manufactured parts.

• Ford Racing's warranty program does not cover parts with:

o Replacement parts or accessories used in applications for which they are not designed.

o Non-Ford Racing parts or Ford Genuine replacement parts or accessories which

Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealers may sell or install on your Ford vehicle.

NOTE:

Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part that effects

emissions or safety on motor vehicles used on public streets or highways. Ford Racing customers are

responsible for complying with applicable state and local environmental regulations. In the case of vehicles

which are licensed in California, it is the responsibility of the customer to determine if their own modified

vehicle meets California laws for operations over public highways.

• Questions or concerns relating to this warranty policy may be answered by calling the Ford Racing

Warranty Call Center (800) 367-3788.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ENGINE DAMAGE ASSOCIATED WITH

CUSTOMERS USING LESS THAN 91 OCTANE FUELS.

THERE IS NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THESE FORD RACING PARTS, BUT

YOU MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER STATE LAW RELATING TO THE IMPLIED

WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THIS AMENDMENT, ALL TERMS OF THE NEW VEHICLE

LIMITED WARRANTY STILL APPLY.

Mailing address:

Ford Racing

Schaefer Court II

14555 Rotunda Drive

Dearborn, MI 48120

Ford Customer Service Division

P.O. Box 6248

Dearborn, MI 48121

I hope their not trying to use this section to ignore a hanging or installation issue with the exhaust:

"• Performance Packs (FR3) Note: The FR-3 performance handling application is designed for "Track Day" limit ride and handling. Such performance standards suggest vehicle ride performance will be more

indicative of race performance vehicles. Driving conditions including, but not limited to, squeaks, rattles and harsh ride are not subject to warrantable repair."

The issue then would be someone then needs to decide if in fact the rattle would occur irrespective of the handling package. A poorly attached or designed (metal to metal with play) exhaust would, I suspect, have the same rattle on a standard GT if it were so placed. If that's the case it would fall outside the paratmeters. In any case I hope this clause is not seen by SAI or Ford as some perpetual "Get Out of Jail" free card. There is no blanket indemnification here.

Good luck!

This is VERY interesting!!!

"Ford Racing performance parts are not Genuine Ford parts. Instead, Ford Racing performance packs are aftermarket parts designed to the standards set in the aftermarket. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts."

Hummm....

i recall someone having a rattle in the muffler or rear end, please let me know if you resolved it, apparently there is a disclaimer in the shelby packet or warranty that says this is normal...(ie not repairable)

Check your rear most muffler hanger to make sure either of them is not contacting the inner bumper structure. If it is, you can hacksaw off the excess length. I had this problem when I had the FRPP X-Pipe installed on my car.

This is VERY interesting!!!

"Ford Racing performance parts are not Genuine Ford parts. Instead, Ford Racing performance packs are aftermarket parts designed to the standards set in the aftermarket. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts."

Hummm....

I THINK that they are talking about warranty issues here. For example, if you had a regular GT and broke a front spring the dealer couldn't use the Ford racing springs for a warranty repair. As noted elsewhere in the warranty I posted they are covering the Ford Racing parts for 3/36.

if you have a lift available to you, raise your car in the air. then pull on the muffler that is hitting down a little bit ( dont put your entire body weight on it though). what you want to do is slightly bend the hanger. sometimes the hanger isnt angled right. i had the same problem on a friends GT that we installed the Ford Racing mufflers on.

Check your rear most muffler hanger to make sure either of them is not contacting the inner bumper structure. If it is, you can hacksaw off the excess length. I had this problem when I had the FRPP X-Pipe installed on my car.

This is what i found on mine. The left side muffler rear hanger was so close to the inner bumper that in certain situations it would hit and rub making a sqeek sound on ocassion. Had to grind it shorter after i tried to adjust the muffler.

Archived