TEAM SHELBY FORUM

online tracking for gt 500's???

I have a gt 500 on order that was supposed to begin production on 4/02/07. Will I be able to track it on shelby's web site even though it is being assembled in Michigan?? 5 weeks sure is along way off. Hope I can wait that long!!! :blink:

the GT500 is built by FORD and not shelby, so you cant track it. but your dealer can keep a close eye on it for you.

michael morris

the GT500 is built by FORD and not shelby, so you cant track it. but your dealer can keep a close eye on it for you.

michael morris

Thanks Mike, I got 2 different answers at shelby,1 said yes and 1 said no. I was hoping for the yes! Lets hope our cars are done when promised.

Scott

michael morris

Michael,

I have a build date of the week of 4/9/07. There is no way to track the vehicle progress on line? I have had 2 PSD F series trucks that i ordered, and tracked production on line, just can't remember how I did it.

Thanks,

Rick

Michael,

I have a build date of the week of 4/9/07. There is no way to track the vehicle progress on line? I have had 2 PSD F series trucks that i ordered, and tracked production on line, just can't remember how I did it.

Thanks,

Rick

I don't know of anyway to track on line and the only good source Kitzi (sp?) over on the bradbarrnet forums was muzzled by his superiors at Ford for giving this info. Over in the SGT forum there is a thread on orders and I have posted info and the data you need to call into the phone status line. But given the money you are spending your salesperson can do this for you pretty quickly in their system.

Waiting is fun isn't it?

;)

I don't know of anyway to track on line and the only good source Kitzi (sp?) over on the bradbarrnet forums was muzzled by his superiors at Ford for giving this info. Over in the SGT forum there is a thread on orders and I have posted info and the data you need to call into the phone status line. But given the money you are spending your salesperson can do this for you pretty quickly in their system.

Waiting is fun isn't it?

;)

matts right, your salesperson can go into concepts and give a good idea on the progress of your car.

go to the other post hes talking about for all the ford jargon, but the only thing really important is the ETA ford gives you. most of the time they are within a few weeks of the time. unless of course Ford decides to test drive your car for quality stuff and they put 49 or 50 miles on it, that can hold it up a week or so. then alot of the plants close down in the next month or so to go on vacation. if they get it built before vaction i hope they have enought cars to ship, if not it will just sit at the plant waiting for them to get back and have enought cars to fill the train up.

im just kidding the date Ford gives in pretty dang close.

dont worry about the other stuff, just having some fun with ya.

Good luck with your GT 500. we have had 2. sold the first one which was orange with tungsten stripes and was awesome. now we have a triple black convt.

what color and config did you order

thank

michael morris

matts right, your salesperson can go into concepts and give a good idea on the progress of your car.

go to the other post hes talking about for all the ford jargon, but the only thing really important is the ETA ford gives you. most of the time they are within a few weeks of the time. unless of course Ford decides to test drive your car for quality stuff and they put 49 or 50 miles on it, that can hold it up a week or so. then alot of the plants close down in the next month or so to go on vacation. if they get it built before vaction i hope they have enought cars to ship, if not it will just sit at the plant waiting for them to get back and have enought cars to fill the train up.

im just kidding the date Ford gives in pretty dang close.

dont worry about the other stuff, just having some fun with ya.

Good luck with your GT 500. we have had 2. sold the first one which was orange with tungsten stripes and was awesome. now we have a triple black convt.

what color and config did you order

thank

michael morris

I ordered the blue with white stripes. About the test drive adding 50-60 miles, I had that happen to the first PSD F250 that I ordered. I was not happy.

I ordered the blue with white stripes. About the test drive adding 50-60 miles, I had that happen to the first PSD F250 that I ordered. I was not happy.

in 89 i waited on a tbird for 3 months, thanksgiving hit, then christmas, then they finally get the car built and didnt have enought tbirds built to feel a train so they just sat in the parking lot at the plant waiting. it was terrible. 19 year old kid and no patience. now its much better im a 37 year old kid with much less patience

good luck

michael

Call this # and have your Vin # ready...1800-392-3673. i ordered a GT-500 Jan. 3rd. and was getting no updates from the dealership when asking..called this number last week after getting the same "no new info " from the Dealership and the Ford Hot Line told me my car was built and on a caravan for delivery to my dealership on 4/19 07....I think I'll take off from work that day & greet the truck at the lot & see what the salesman has to say !!

Call this # and have your Vin # ready...1800-392-3673. i ordered a GT-500 Jan. 3rd. and was getting no updates from the dealership when asking..called this number last week after getting the same "no new info " from the Dealership and the Ford Hot Line told me my car was built and on a caravan for delivery to my dealership on 4/19 07....I think I'll take off from work that day & greet the truck at the lot & see what the salesman has to say !!

Thanks

sent an email to www.customeraskford.com and give them the vin. and they can update your information on your car. one other way, go to your dealers website and do a search for any new 2007 mustang on their lot... click on any of them.. when u get the car u clicked on, find and click on the <WINDOW STICKER> and that will be the option list for that car....then go to the very top of your computer screen and click on <YOUR BROWSER WINDOW> that will highlight the web address for that search and also < NOW U will able to see the vin. # for that car......NOW ALL U HAVE TO DO IS DELETE THAT VIN. # AND NOTHING ELSE <VERY IMPORTANT> now type in your vin. # AND HIT THE <REFRESH BUTTON==THE BOX WITH <2 GREEN ARROWS> NEXT TO THE BROWSER WINDOW...that should bring up your window sticker on your car. U can check numerous times and as the car gets further along in production your window sticker will change. SO THERE U HAVE IT...SIMPLE AS A BOX OF ROCKS...ITS WORKING FOR ME NOW AS I HAD A BUILD DATE OF APRIL 2 AND CUSTOMERASKFORD.COM SAID <MAYBE I COULD EXPECT THE CAR BETWEEN APRIL 15 AND THE 22ND. but that part remains to be seen GOOD LUCK WITH THE SEARCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, thanks for trying anyway Michael.

You would think my dealership here would be rolling out the red carpet jumping on any question I ask, since there arent a lot of cars at this price range they sell and a 10k adm makes them about what they make off of 4 or 5 cars, but I guess they feel they are doing me the favor...whatever...Im not gonna get caught up in that bs, just as long as they get me the car and there are no surprises.

I had lost the number for Ford customer relations from this thread, but I remembered that I left a little post to help me find it in just such a case, so I called them up and had everything done quick...I was impressed.

I should probably not get my hopes up till it hits a railcar, and it has to do that by the 18th at the latest to get here for xmas. Im a big boy, xmas can fall on whatever day Ford sees fit.

Archived