TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHY IS FORD KEEPING THIS FROM THE PUBLIC?

SHELBYGUY

HOW COME FORD DOES NOT PROMOTE THE SHELBY GT?

I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY "HYPE". IF THEY BUILD THESE CARS TO SELL WHY NOT PROMOTE THEM? THE ONLY COMMERCIAL IS A VIDEO ONLY SHOWN ON THE INTERNET (COPS IN A GT-H) GREAT COMMERCIAL BUT YOU NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR INFO TO SEE IT. HERTZ DOES A BETTER JOB ADV. THE RENTAL GT-H. I HAVE NOT ANY ADS ON THIS MODEL IN MAGS. OR DEALERSHIPS. OK YOU MAY RUN ACROSS IT IN THE "CRAVE WANT DESIRE NEED DRIVE BROCHURE IF HAPPEN TO FIND ONE AND OPEN IT UP IT DOES NOT STAND OUT ON THE COVER(GASCAP PHOTO).THERE IS NOT EVEN INFO LISTED UNDER THE MUSTANG AREA OF FORDS WEBSITE OR POSTERS IN DEALERSHIPS (GT-500 BUT NONE FOR SGT). THEY BUILD THEM AS PART OF "BOLD MOVES" I DONT THINK THE MARKETING IS BOLD AT ALL.

THE SHELBYS WERE GREAT WITH A LOT OF HYPE IN THE SIXTYS WHY CANT FORD REPETE THIS?

SHOW THE LEGEND SELL SOME CARS.

SOME MAY THINK THAT IT IS BETTER QUIET, BECAUSE OF COST ADM BUT THERE ARE HONEST DEALERS. MOST OF THAT CROWD IS ALSO ABOUT VALUE, FUTURE VALUE WILL BE DRIVEN ON ALL OF THOSE WHO REMEMBER THE CARS, ADS, STORIES AND MEMORIES. BUILD HYPE SELL CARS, NOW AND TOMORROW GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO DROP BY THE DEALERSHIP TO SEE IF ONE IS THERE. DROOL A LITTLE MAYBE UPGRADE. MAYBE DREAM NOW, PURCHASE THE FUSION OR FOCUS MAYBE A WORK TRUCK, AND MAYBE BUY THEIR DREAM NOW OR NEXT YEAR OR IN MAYBE TWENTY MAYBE FORTY YEARS LATER SOUND FAMILLAR.

MOST IMPORTANT THESE MODELS IS WHAT CARROLL AND AMY HAVE DONE TO PUT AWESOME LIFE BACK INTO A LEGENDARY COMPANY BUT IT NEEDS DEMAND.

100% correct observations! I have tried to get brochures but as far as I can tell there are none out there. I asked a couple of dealers I am friendly with if any promo stuff becomes available to please put some aside for me. Still waiting. If anybody comes across dealer promo literature or posters; post it on the forum so the rest of us know about it. As far as Ford promoting the Shelby GT; one has to wonder if Ford is reluctant to promote the SGT as it might take away from the "flagship" GT500 ?

I agree.....no one (in the general population other than us crazys) knows about these cars.....

You think Ford would capitalize on having this great car available and advertise like mad........but these cars are sitting on showroom floors with ridiculous ADM's, .....and no one else knows they are there.

Considering you see an Explorer or Edge commercial every five minutes, you'd think we would have seen something about the SGT?

Maybe Ford realizes advertising cars at sticker when many dealers are charging ADM's creates more problems then new business!

It's all about $$$$!

Even if Ford had been able to sell the entire 10,000 run it wouldn't make a material difference to the bottom line. It's too little and really incremental revenue to them. The Shelby GT ad you might catch on YouTube would cost thousands to run on TV and the potential revenue, even from the 10,000, just can't justify the expense. Instead Ford has gone to the enthusiast route and pretty good success getting the car on the cover of Motor Trend etc..

Now having said that I will say who ever the Product Manager is should have been fired long ago. The program was botched and THAT is why they didn't get the 10,000 units. There is enough "Mustang" foot traffic to have sold every car had there been better on the floor signage and PR. If salespeople were trained with incentives. If the car had been priced at a point where up-selling from a GT to an SGT would have been easy.

All and all Ford could have had better numbers if they just did the basics, if they had only executed cleanly, and people like us didn't have to jump through hoops to get this car. If that's what those of us that wanted the car had to do how can we ever expect "joe-six-pack" to buy?!?

That's the real crime here!

IMHO! <_<

[ ;) I like that FORD doesnt promote this car. My reason being that I dont want a million other people owening the same car I paid 38 thousand for. Second FORD doesnt have to promote a REAL shelby . It sells itself. See the other so called shelby 500 to me is not a REAL Shelby. It doesnt even see nevada just the same as a v-6 comes from. Why do you think the rental car sells for about the same price as a 500. I hope they never make another Shelby GT like the one I have. That just makes my shelby more to want down the road. Think about the Hemis out there. If there were 100 thousand of them a year made it would not be as valuable or desirable as they are now.

It's all about $$$$!

Even if Ford had been able to sell the entire 10,000 run it wouldn't make a material difference to the bottom line. It's too little and really incremental revenue to them. The Shelby GT ad you might catch on YouTube would cost thousands to run on TV and the potential revenue, even from the 10,000, just can't justify the expense. Instead Ford has gone to the enthusiast route and pretty good success getting the car on the cover of Motor Trend etc..

Now having said that I will say who ever the Product Manager is should have been fired long ago. The program was botched and THAT is why they didn't get the 10,000 units. There is enough "Mustang" foot traffic to have sold every car had there been better on the floor signage and PR. If salespeople were trained with incentives. If the car had been priced at a point where up-selling from a GT to an SGT would have been easy.

All and all Ford could have had better numbers if they just did the basics, if they had only executed cleanly, and people like us didn't have to jump through hoops to get this car. If that's what those of us that wanted the car had to do how can we ever expect "joe-six-pack" to buy?!?

That's the real crime here!

IMHO! <_<

I could be wrong but I was pretty certain the bump down to 6000 from 10000 was on SAI's end as they couldn't turn around more in the short time span from start to last call for '07.

Now as to to the rest of it, I couldn't agree more. If you look on Edmund's or most other "build a car" research sites (including Ford's site!), they still don't have 54U or any other SGT information in the options. And, I would still bet that most dealers still have less than a clue about what this car is or is worth. :blink:

I could be wrong but I was pretty certain the bump down to 6000 from 10000 was on SAI's end as they couldn't turn around more in the short time span from start to last call for '07.

Now as to to the rest of it, I couldn't agree more. If you look on Edmund's or most other "build a car" research sites (including Ford's site!), they still don't have 54U or any other SGT information in the options. And, I would still bet that most dealers still have less than a clue about what this car is or is worth. :blink:

I believe that EPA approval took a lot longer than anticipated and SAI ended up with a smaller manufacturing window than originally estimated.

Mark

I lost out on the GT500 because of availability and the other problem was my dealer knew that I was not going to pay $10-$20K over MSRP. So, their one car went to some guy in New York (I live in South Dakota). I heard about the SGT by reading some magazine off the rack while the wife was shopping for groceries. The local dealer had gotten very little about the car except for a few e-mails. When they called him about getting his order in he thought they were talking about the GT500. It seems that the car is really under the radar in many respects. My car buddies never heard about the car either – but most of them are Chevy guys so you have to take that into consideration. I also tried to get more information off the Ford website but they do not even list the SGT. I guess that is OK by me as long as I get my car.

[ ;) I like that FORD doesnt promote this car. My reason being that I dont want a million other people owening the same car I paid 38 thousand for. Second FORD doesnt have to promote a REAL shelby . It sells itself. See the other so called shelby 500 to me is not a REAL Shelby. It doesnt even see nevada just the same as a v-6 comes from. Why do you think the rental car sells for about the same price as a 500. I hope they never make another Shelby GT like the one I have. That just makes my shelby more to want down the road. Think about the Hemis out there. If there were 100 thousand of them a year made it would not be as valuable or desirable as they are now.

Nothing sells itself a buyer needs to know that it can be bought. I agree the SGT is the second project done by Shelby in the last 35 years. First to the GT-H. To me the small details of the plate under the hood and on the dash tells me it was built by Shelby. I prefer to see SAI succeed, and maybe a wave from someone else in Shelby as they drive by with a smile on their face. :D :D :D .

Dont forget if you want yours to be different contact John at Shelby's Mod Shop. I believe he (they) can address your individual needs.

Are you saying that there will only be 6000 cars made?

I thought there was going to be a total of 10,000. 6000 this year and 4000 for 08?

Amy stated that no deal has been inked for an '08 SGT, last I saw. There would definitely be a lot of hoopla if an announcement had been made for '08.

So far, only 6000 '07 SGTs are projected to be made and no more.

Amy stated that no deal has been inked for an '08 SGT, last I saw. There would definitely be a lot of hoopla if an announcement had been made for '08.

So far, only 6000 '07 SGTs are projected to be made and no more.

Yea, I would be REALLY surprised if they get even close to 6000 but I hope, for their sake and revenue, that I'm wrong.

AS for 08' I could see an announcement of a convertible SGT for 08' to coincide with the Hertz program. That could be announced as late as July/Aug.

Here's to hoping it's a better run program!

Archived