TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bob Thomas Ford

MattInDetroit

A fantastic example of a dishonest dealer!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2007-FO...1QQcmdZViewItem

BOB THOMAS FORD, INC.

2215 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT 06514

203-281-7500 or 1-800-B-THOMAS

CONTACT: Robert "RW" Wentworth, General Manager or Tom Godio, Sales Manager

Dealers like this give'um all a bad name.

Wonder how SAI feels about this jack-up in price? This ok? It's their customer too and their getting an altered SAI Pricing.

Check it out!

Ford Sticker: $30,595

Shelby Sticker: (since it's listed under the Ford MSRP sticker the buyer will make the assumption this Shelby price is also an MSRP price) listed on fancy dealer sticker as $9999.00 (doesn't say this includes another ADM)

ADM: $13,000!!!! (yes Bizzaro world does exist!)

Total: $54,594!!!!

I gotta say for all the ADM games and allocation issues, these guys take the cake!

It's a good thing we have dealers here that sell at or below MSRP!

Any thoughts Jason? ;-)

BOB THOMAS FORD, INC.

How did they remove the real Shelby conversion price from the Shelby Sticker? Photoshop? Scan and replace? Nice job! Dealers like this give'um all a bad name. Wonder if the CT Attorney General would find this interesting!?!

Wonder how SAI feels about this alteration? This ok? It's their customer too and their getting an altered SAI Sticker.

Check it out!

Shelby Sticker: (total erased from actual sticker) listed on fancy dealer sticker as $9999.00

I gotta say for all the ADM games and allocation issues, these guys take the cake!

Any thoughts Jason? ;-)

i posted that our shelby came in today. the shelby sticker is stuck to the front windshield. the only thing on the shelby sticker is the 1000 gas guzzler. so the dealer DID NOT erase anything, they just came that way. i have not looked to see if another shelby sticker has came in for the car. let me ask yall, what is the window sticker show for the shelby conversion? anyone seen one that is printed from shelby. i know how much my parts statement was build for the conversion, just wandering if shelby marked up the sticker. just asking

thanks

michael

i posted that our shelby came in today. the shelby sticker is stuck to the front windshield. the only thing on the shelby sticker is the 1000 gas guzzler. so the dealer DID NOT erase anything, they just came that way. i have not looked to see if another shelby sticker has came in for the car. let me ask yall, what is the window sticker show for the shelby conversion? anyone seen one that is printed from shelby. i know how much my parts statement was build for the conversion, just wandering if shelby marked up the sticker. just asking

thanks

michael

Michael,

If I am wrong about them altering the sticker my apologies to them for that. Regardless they are misrepresenting the MSRP price of the Shelby conversion.

The only sticker version I have seen has the Shelby $7390 charge, the $1000 GGT, and a $8390 total charge. I can't upload an example as this <bleep> thing has such a low total post limit it won't let me.

Check out the stickers on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't understand why the stickers would have changed? SAI???? <_<

thanks

michael

The above post is correct some cars do show up with no price on the sticker.

As far as his Add-on sticker this is just another dealer looking to get rich on his one and only car......

Good thing I have 2 at under MSRP.....

Jason

Michael,

If I am wrong about them altering the sticker my apologies to them for that. Regardless they are misrepresenting the MSRP price of the Shelby conversion.

The only sticker version I have seen has the Shelby $7390 charge, the $1000 GGT, and a $8390 total charge. I can't upload an example as this <bleep> thing has such a low total post limit it won't let me.

Check out the stickers on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't understand why the stickers would have changed? SAI???? <_<

like i said earlier, mine came in with no sticker price. im sure its here i just have to go look for it. the 8390 is exactly what i was charged on my parts statement, so there is no mark up on the shelby conversion. thanks showing me the shelby sticker, i need to put it on this car

thanks all

michael morris

like i said earlier, mine came in with no sticker price. im sure its here i just have to go look for it. the 8390 is exactly what i was charged on my parts statement, so there is no mark up on the shelby conversion. thanks showing me the shelby sticker, i need to put it on this car

thanks all

michael morris

If you can't find it SAI can get you another.

thanks all

michael morris

:huh:

I have done a lot of research on this matter because my car 784 only came with the 1,000 dollar gas guzzler tax and this is what i found. Every car from 1 to 599 came with a breakdown cars after 600 only comes with the 1,000 dollar gas guzzler why I do not know but that is the way it comes.

Ben

BOB THOMAS FORD, INC.

How did they remove the real Shelby conversion price from the Shelby Sticker? Photoshop? Scan and replace? Nice job! Dealers like this give'um all a bad name. Wonder if the CT Attorney General would find this interesting!?!

Wonder how SAI feels about this alteration? This ok? It's their customer too and their getting an altered SAI Sticker.

Check it out!

Shelby Sticker: (total erased from actual sticker) listed on fancy dealer sticker as $9999.00

Any thoughts Jason? ;-)

Not much gets by you MattChicago! But if you want a real laugh, there's a Shelby GT on Ebay where the dealer "trimmed" the Shelby window sticker price, then made up his own to look like it was from SAI. It was a much more pro job than the one you posted and would have most unassuming potential Mustang buyers fooled. The ADM was upwards of $10,000 for this black car. He even had three window stickers on the car (like yours)! He listed his ADM in the place where the SAI upcharge would be. Now, there's a case for fraud! Should we start calling them "Fraud" (FORD) dealers?!

I'll see if I can find it for you.

Ya know what's sad? Ford doesn't really have any control on alot of these issue's, nor do they really care......back when i was searching for my mach 1, everyone was adding what was called a "fair market value" to the price of the car. I asked around about this mark up, and was told that it was based off of car price's from ebay.

So i then called to talk to ford about it. First i got the run around from each operator i talked too, then i started sending out emails to ford trying to find an answer to why dealer's of ford motor vehicle's can gouge people and not be honest with customer's, and i finally got a response to my question and it was plain and simple: each dealership is indepenently owned, so they are free to do with the car's as they wish once they leave the plant. Ford does not tell the owner's of the dealerships not to gouge their customers' and that they should sell these vehicles at msrp.....

I to this day still disagree and feel ford has every right to say how much thier vehicles should sell for, and make the dealerships honor that, but as you can tell by the price's being asked of any mustang right now. My .02 didn't make much of a difference.

To finish, could this be part of why ford is failing? hmmmmmmm I didn't have this problem when i went and bought my toyota tundra, i even payed below the msrp for it. If ford would do the same thing, i would drive more fords.

Ya know what's sad? Ford doesn't really have any control on alot of these issue's, nor do they really care......back when i was searching for my mach 1, everyone was adding what was called a "fair market value" to the price of the car. I asked around about this mark up, and was told that it was based off of car price's from ebay.

So i then called to talk to ford about it. First i got the run around from each operator i talked too, then i started sending out emails to ford trying to find an answer to why dealer's of ford motor vehicle's can gouge people and not be honest with customer's, and i finally got a response to my question and it was plain and simple: each dealership is indepenently owned, so they are free to do with the car's as they wish once they leave the plant. Ford does not tell the owner's of the dealerships not to gouge their customers' and that they should sell these vehicles at msrp.....

I to this day still disagree and feel ford has every right to say how much thier vehicles should sell for, and make the dealerships honor that, but as you can tell by the price's being asked of any mustang right now. My .02 didn't make much of a difference.

To finish, could this be part of why ford is failing? hmmmmmmm I didn't have this problem when i went and bought my toyota tundra, i even payed below the msrp for it. If ford would do the same thing, i would drive more fords.

well being a Ford dealer, i will try to respond to some of what you said. MSRP is Suggested retail price. the main word there is suggested. we get so few new cars that we can make any money on, that when ford does produce a car that is HOT we should get a chance to make some money on it. we got our first GT500 is 2 weeks ago and sold it for 15k over sticker. is this alot, heck yea, but the guy didnt have to buy it. he also didnt have to buy the other 20+ GT500s that he bought. why did he buy them, so that he could turn a profit in a few years.

i understand wanting to buy a HOT product for sticker. i would love to have kept the GT 500. but alot of folks are upset that they we are asking over sticker for a product in high demand, but if you dont want to pay it dont, let the next pay to much for it and have patience and you can get one for what you want to pay for it.

folks think the msrp should be the price and thats that, fine but when you come in to get your wife an expediton are you going to pay msrp then, NOPE. because you can go 15 min in any direction and be at a ford dealer that will sale one for nothing. you are willing to msrp when it suits you. i dont ever remember selling a expedition for sticker, but would like to if anyone is interested.

please dont compare a dime a dozen toyota tundra to a hard to get mustang, not comparing apples here.

not trying to hurt your feeling about the tundra because the f150s are a dime a dozen too. and we dont get msrp for them either.

sorry to type such a long post, but there are alot of dealers out there that are screwing folks every chance they get, but we have been in business for 20 years and our repeat and ref is over 80% because we treat folks right and take car of them. i turned some good customers down on our GT500, but they understood that the car would bring alot of money.

im not trying to make you feel sorry for dealers, lord know most dont deserve it, but supply and demand works. let them produce 100k shelby gts and you can buy them at cost, everyone will have one, and the resale will suck.

thank yall for listing to my venting

michael morris

wayne morris ford

thank yall for listing to my venting

michael morris

wayne morris ford

Michael,

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from! No one is saying you can't make $$$ or that you should be tied to some number.

The issue here is, and I'm gonna get slapped, but this car IS NOT HOT! The ADM and the market pricing stuff is dealer generated BS to drive up the price!

All over ebay, and I have been watching since January, cars are out there looking for buyers. I see the same cars relisted 3-4 times!

Back in Aug when this car was announced Ford said they had planned to sell up to 10K units. Today they'll be lucky if they have enough orders for 5000 units. Of course I hope I'm wrong! Even the restrictions on manual vs. auto seem to be going away.

When I started looking for my car in January, and you can find my thread of that adventure here, I had to teach dealers about the car!

For example, I went to one dealer in late January to ask if they had allocation. This guy kept telling me he had a GT500! I had to say over and over "no, this is different it's a Shelby GT". Finally after getting him all the information and having him call his Zone Rep, he got his allocation. When I asked about an ADM, he said 'Of course, $8k". huh? When I asked why he told me "market demand". Ok, are you following me here? WHAT MARKET DEMAND!!!!!!!! The car has been available to him for two months and NO ONE had come in looking for it! WHERE IS THE DEMAND!!!!!! HELLO!!!!

Ok...that was my vent! ;)

Anyway, you can repeat this scenario, almost verbatim, and the adventure is documented here if you want to look, until I found a dealer that, again didn't know the car existed, and then when I asked about ADM, said "no, why would there be, not like we have people lined up!". WOW! I bought right then and there.

The issue for you, and for Ford, is you could have sold many more of these cars if dealerships had been knowledgeable and didn't add crazy ADM to the cars.

Sure the margin per car would have been less but the run rate would have been far higher and I really believe the dealerships, and Ford, would have been far better off. Again this car is a brand car and created to generate foot traffic and attention to all the products Ford sells.

This entire effort was, IMHO, botched from day one in so many ways. For all the work, and all the 'Bold Moves" that went into this I can't believe sales where anywhere near what was hoped for and yet there are cars, even at MSRP, out there in search of owners.

So how then can this dealer justify the 56K price other than greed. I don' care what SAI has done to the car it's a MUSTANG! No way worth 56K! Again, it's their right to charge what ever, but it's mine to complain and point them out when I see them attempting to find some uninformed buyer and convince them they're getting something that's going to be worth BIG $$$$ some day.

Anyway...best of luck to you...good selling!

<_<

.....Perhaps the $7390 was removed because that is the cost to the dealer. If they sell car at $7390 the dealership is making no profit off the Shelby conversion. Sure they are still making it on the car itself.

I have seen cars in showrooms three different ways. First, with a sticker that included the $7390 and then a separate sticker with an ADM. Second, a sticker without the $7390 and then a separate sticker listing the Shelby Package at about $9850 (including GGT) and an ADM. Finally, with the Shelby sticker removed and a dealer sticker listing the Shelby package at about $10K and an ADM. The last was a low number car and I assume it had the $7390 listed on the sticker.

.....Perhaps the $7390 was removed because that is the cost to the dealer. If they sell car at $7390 the dealership is making no profit off the Shelby conversion. Sure they are still making it on the car itself.

I have seen cars in showrooms three different ways. First, with a sticker that included the $7390 and then a separate sticker with an ADM. Second, a sticker without the $7390 and then a separate sticker listing the Shelby Package at about $9850 (including GGT) and an ADM. Finally, with the Shelby sticker removed and a dealer sticker listing the Shelby package at about $10K and an ADM. The was last was a low number car and I assume it had the $7390 listed on the sticker.

Ugh...what blows my mind is the issues that grocery stores have to deal with in their shelf pricing, teh tag size, price per unit, etc., yet car dealerships seem to run amuck!

This is why I predict that within my lifetime car dealerships will go the way of computer stores. GONE! A few large retailers hanging on, (except CompUSA), but a majority of the smaller guys killed by the internet. Once the automakers, like Ford, get into trouble, like Apple, they will fire their dealer network and go direct with a sales experience needed if they're going to be successful. Worked for Apple....why not Ford?

Wow....think about it!

Going into a Ford dealership and talking to a Salesperson about a car is, 9 times out of 10, like talking to the pimple faced kid at Best Buy about a computer. Now go into an Apple store and step up to the Genius Bar. Can you imagine being able to walk into a Ford dealership and talk to people that really have deep product knowledge and are not paid on commission or some spiff plan that moves them to move you to car you don't want?

I hope it comes and soon! B)

I have done a lot of research on this matter because my car 784 only came with the 1,000 dollar gas guzzler tax and this is what i found. Every car from 1 to 599 came with a breakdown cars after 600 only comes with the 1,000 dollar gas guzzler why I do not know but that is the way it comes.

Ben

I read else where that the dealers complained strongly to Ford and Ford put pressure on SAI to remove the SAI breakdown. The dealers wanted to markup the SAI conversion but the SAI sticker listing of $8,390 made them pump up the ADM. It's all a shell game. The thinking is that the customers would more pay more if the customer doesn't know the true SAI cost. Then the dealer would be free to hide some or all the ADM in the Shelby upgrade. It actually could work on some but with the internet it's hard to keep the SAI cost a secret. I can hear the dealer saying...."hey...it's not us....that is what SAI is charging....I'm just trying to make a few dollar over what SAI is charging". total rip off!

Look at this post. The dealer has the new $1000 gas guzzler tax only sticker. So the dealer is free to ask for a $1K gas tax, a 22K Shelby conversion, and a $10,000 ADM. THE DEALER IS ASKING $64,860. Crazy. Unless the dealer is planning on giving Amy a big bonus...in my opinion...this is fraud.

ebay listing

My local dealer has been sitting on his first SGT for over a month. He wants MSRP+18K. He now has 2 SGT sitting plus he is holding hostage on 9 GT500 for MSRP+25k. They ever have a GT-H for 69K. Where is the line of buyers pushing prices on any of these cars? I gave up on buying from this local dealer. I won't buy from them....I won't even service my car from them. I ended up buying mine from a dealer in PA...I live is WA state. I'm doing the museum pickup and I got it my way. The PA dealer has been great and he gave me a very fair price. I still go over to the local dealer to look over the Shelbys on the lot...nice cars...but the rust on the first SGT's rotors is really looking bad.

Ugh...what blows my mind is the issues that grocery stores have to deal with in their shelf pricing, teh tag size, price per unit, etc., yet car dealerships seem to run amuck!

This is why I predict that within my lifetime car dealerships will go the way of computer stores. GONE! A few large retailers hanging on, (except CompUSA), but a majority of the smaller guys killed by the internet. Once the automakers, like Ford, get into trouble, like Apple, they will fire their dealer network and go direct with a sales experience needed if they're going to be successful. Worked for Apple....why not Ford?

Wow....think about it!

Going into a Ford dealership and talking to a Salesperson about a car is, 9 times out of 10, like talking to the pimple faced kid at Best Buy about a computer. Now go into an Apple store and step up to the Genius Bar. Can you imagine being able to walk into a Ford dealership and talk to people that really have deep product knowledge and are not paid on commission or some spiff plan that moves them to move you to car you don't want?

I hope it comes and soon! B)

hey matt

chrysler tried that and it didnt work for the car buisness and for my sake i hope it never does:)

i agree asking that much (56k) is to much, but just do a small amount of homework and you know you can buy that car much cheaper. a fool and his money are soon parted. still holds true.

i kinda agree with the grocery store thing also, but when was the last time you went to super wal mart and cut them off MSRP, NEVER.

the car buisness has done it to its self. its full of snakes and cheaters, but if you dont buy from them they will go broke and no one has to worry about them anymore.

but i here it way to often how folks talk about getting screwed at ABC motors and we are never going back there, 2 years later they buy a new car from ABC motors and say man they screwed us again. is that the dealers fault? i swear i here this WAY to often.

i guess what im saying is NOT all dealers are bad. find one you can trust and stick with them. if you cant trust them DONT GO BUY FROM THEM. sorry to say there is not a shortage of car dealers. anyone that cant find a real job tries to get into the car buisness. i love my job and i love what i do, but there arent many honest guys in my line of work. most folks dont buy car where there parents bought them and i sale alot of family. parents, there kids, and there kids.

yall have a great day. i got to get up at the crack of noon and move some metal ( crack of noon, i kill myself)

thanks

michael morris

ford should care what dealers are doing with prices, ford said they would make as many s-gts as people want and cap it at 10k, however if dealers slow the s-gt sales by adding the markups this in turn effects how many ford can/will make. good for us bad for them! as i mentioned before one costa mesa dealer would not budge from 4k over msrp so i bought elsewhere

hey matt

chrysler tried that and it didnt work for the car buisness and for my sake i hope it never does:)

i agree asking that much (56k) is to much, but just do a small amount of homework and you know you can buy that car much cheaper. a fool and his money are soon parted. still holds true.

i kinda agree with the grocery store thing also, but when was the last time you went to super wal mart and cut them off MSRP, NEVER.

the car buisness has done it to its self. its full of snakes and cheaters, but if you dont buy from them they will go broke and no one has to worry about them anymore.

but i here it way to often how folks talk about getting screwed at ABC motors and we are never going back there, 2 years later they buy a new car from ABC motors and say man they screwed us again. is that the dealers fault? i swear i here this WAY to often.

i guess what im saying is NOT all dealers are bad. find one you can trust and stick with them. if you cant trust them DONT GO BUY FROM THEM. sorry to say there is not a shortage of car dealers. anyone that cant find a real job tries to get into the car buisness. i love my job and i love what i do, but there arent many honest guys in my line of work. most folks dont buy car where there parents bought them and i sale alot of family. parents, there kids, and there kids.

yall have a great day. i got to get up at the crack of noon and move some metal ( crack of noon, i kill myself)

thanks

michael morris

meant to ask this earlier, how much mark up do yall think is on a mustang shelby gt from the factory? the factory sticker is around 31k. any guess are does someone know. i do and will be glad to tell you or heck fax you the invoice and no there isnt 3 or 4 invoices that we keep hidden.

thanks

michael morris

hey matt

thanks

michael morris

Here's mine....

post-768-1139277128_thumb.jpg

hey matt

i love my job and i love what i do, but there arent many honest guys in my line of work. most folks dont buy car where there parents bought them and i sale alot of family. parents, there kids, and there kids.

thanks

michael morris

What I don't understand is why dealerships haven't changed their sales model in 50 years. For example, why aren't dealerships built to be destinations. They are prime for that! The only reason people go to a dealership is to buy a car. If they aren't looking for a car, they don't go! In fact they avoid them! Even if they are they go on the day the dealership is closed to walk around in peace.

What if, dealerships were expanded. Nice full fledged parts store. Not a counter but a REAL parts store that carried cool after-market stuff for their brand. How about areas devoted to the models. Sell books and magazines, sponsor car club, and meets. Offer free car wash to buyers, why have your customers, and potential customers, sitting at the "Happy Wash" down the street for 30 min while their car is washed! They should be walking around your showroom! Hold classes in mechanical and exterior/interior car care. Just some random things but the idea is how do you get more people in the door. How do you differentiate yourself from the competition, including other Ford dealers.

All this means a better buying experience and customer service. When people don't think they are getting that they look elsewhere and that's when the internet and Carmax start to look good to people.

Anyway, you seem like an honest guy just trying to make a living, and I wish you the best, I only wish your industry as a whole would think different and try something other than rebates!

<_<

Matt,

Good info on the forum w/ multiple threads going all at once. I'm on this site all the time looking for some little tid bit of info on our cars. I started my process 11/30/06 w/ the supercharger slowing the whole process way down. I think my car is in the mod shop as we speak ! Then again maybe it will be next week. The anticipation is killing me. Lots of options on this bad boy. Black 5 speed car. Keep the post coming ! Do you ever sleep.? Rick in NY

Wow this was a really spirited post. I can see dealers asking for ADM on cars from customers that are not established or repeat buyers; however, when a customer who has been doing business with you for many years comes in to buy at MSRP, then it leaves a bad taste in his/her mouth when this customer/sales relationship doesn't pay off. In the end many just sit on the side lines until pricing stabalizes and it will, there will always be a few on both sides of the fense that want to make a fast buck. The SGT sales appear to be slowing down and prices are becoming reasonable at either MSRP or close to it. Captilalism, it's the american way......

Just my thoughts, but I wouldn't pay over MSRP, there is enough profit in the cars or trucks, and things we as consumers have no way of knowing about; such as, hold back and advertising money and dealer cash. If you weren't making a profit, your dealership would fold.

I've bought from the same Auto Group in Little Rock, Ar and they appreciate my business and after the sale follow up on warranty and loaner cars is an important perk.

Just my thoughts.......

Ok...this is going to blow up but I just cant help myself............is it that hard for a car salesman to be up to date and knowledgible on ALL new cars at their dealership? I mean how many new models come out every year? Frankly, if my customer walked into my place of business and knew more about my products than I did.....I would be embarrassed. But apparently it duznt seem to bother car dealerships.

Maybe if your sales teams actually read up on new cars the one or two or three times A YEAR that a new one comes out (if that), they would actually be better sellers. Where is your data on how many potential buyers walk out of dealerships because the sales team come across as a bunch of bozos cause they dont even know about the car you came in to buy? But then again....dont worry....keep going the way you are and we wont have to worry about it much longer.

Yall might not believer this but i agree with almost everything yall have said about the car buisness.

we do the free car wash thing when someone gets there car worked on, we have customer appr. day and stuff like that. about a year ago we started carring more perf parts and ford related hats shirts and other things.

matt i think you are dead on. if you want to just buy a car you go anywhere. and i thing those days are quickly coming to an end. folks want the buying exprience. i have been doing this since i was 15 years old and personally i hate most car people. thats why i said find somewhere you can trust and stay with them. you and him/her will both be better for it.

someone else just wrote that there is plenty of profit built into the MSRP again does anyone really no how much profit is in SGT? yes there is hold back. around 1k. but i hope you understand that is there to help with floor plan. thats about 9% a month. we start paying for the car as soon as it is shipped to SAI. our first car took a month or more. so if the car sits for 2 months thats gone. and the dorks holding out for some huge 4k or 5k over will really have to pay some floor plan. so lets not count hold back in our first guess of how much mark up is in the SGT. there is NO dealer cash on mustangs, but that could change. im talking invoice to sticker how much mark up on a 31k car?

come on now lets have some guess

michael

meant to ask this earlier, how much mark up do yall think is on a mustang shelby gt from the factory? the factory sticker is around 31k. any guess are does someone know. i do and will be glad to tell you or heck fax you the invoice and no there isnt 3 or 4 invoices that we keep hidden.

thanks

michael morris

about 2400.00

about 2400.00

I am looking at a Shelby GT ...the sticker is around 32,000 and then the shelby add on. He isn't marking it up over the MSRP. I think it totaled around 40,500.

I am taking my 04 GT in today to see what they can work. My car is in excellent condition.

Are there any rebates out there that I could expect off the MSRP ? I live in Florida.

Thanks for any info.

Sue

I am looking at a Shelby GT ...the sticker is around 32,000 and then the shelby add on. He isn't marking it up over the MSRP. I think it totaled around 40,500.

I am taking my 04 GT in today to see what they can work. My car is in excellent condition.

Are there any rebates out there that I could expect off the MSRP ? I live in Florida.

Thanks for any info.

Sue

hey sue

in georgia i think there is a 1000 rebate on mustangs, excluding the GT500. each state, heck each zone is different.

pretty close on the market up guess. but just a tad high. like 300 to high, but good guess

michael

im talking invoice to sticker how much mark up on a 31k car?

come on now lets have some guess

michael

I don't know what that number is, and I would hope it's enough, the question regardless, back to you, is what do you think you do to deserve that $$$$$. To me, in my case buying this car, the dealer was nothing more than an order taker. They did NOTHING, I had to teach them and do all the research. So what ever the amount is I don't see how they added any value to the process.

I don't mind you guys making enough to reap a good profit...but do something for it.

I don't know what that number is, and I would hope it's enough, the question regardless, back to you, is what do you think you do to deserve that $$$$$. To me, in my case buying this car, the dealer was nothing more than an order taker. They did NOTHING, I had to teach them and do all the research. So what ever the amount is I don't see how they added any value to the process.

I don't mind you guys making enough to reap a good profit...but do something for it.

matt

your preaching to the choir. when someone comes in TELLS me what to order and HOW to order to me that a gift. i will and have sold cars to folks who order them and pick them up as soon as they come in for no or almost no profit. didnt really cost me anything, so if i make a couple hundred dollars for ORDER TAKING hey thats fine. but when i order a 30k car and put it in stock gambling that someone will buy it, then yea i hope to get a return on my money. no one faults a guy who puts up big money to buy realestate and make a huge profit on it, he could lose everything gambling on the market. we kinda do the same thing. maybe with not as much money but its still a gamle. most folks would put up 30k hoping to get a return of 2k, but would they do the same thing knowing that if you dont turn the unit in 2 months that the return drops close to zero even if you still sale it for msrp the interest eats your profit. please understand im not complaining, i love what i do and chose to do it. there is a chance to make so good money in the auto buisness, but theres that same chance that you can LOSE everything. you have to be a gambler to want to do this for a living.

thanks for all the response MATT, im having a good time talking about this

michael

Archived