TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Uh I Did It

lawdude

You know what most people say when they see a beemer on the highway don't you?

what is the difference between a beemer and a porcupine?

The answer is too duragatory to print.

I hope you enjoy the car! It's a nice car without a doubt. Just like comparing a doberman with a rottie. Both mean and cool. Ones just a little bigger.

Not trying to offend anyone. Just dropping an old joke.

I talked about it HERE. Today I put down a deposit on Titanium Silver Metallic, Premium Package, Sport Package. MSRP, no ADM.

If prices on Shelbys drop like a rock I just might kick myself.

Nice choice!!! :shift: I don't think you will be regretting your decision. The cars pretty fast as it is and should respond to mods very well. I'd be willing to bet a nice free flow exhaust and comupter chip should put it in the sub 5 seconds 0 - 60 category.

Hell, the greatest car in the world is the one your happy with.

Congrats!

For sure... and you can always trade the beemer in on a GT500 in 18 months when they're going for $500 over invoice (ok, $800) :doh: and in the meantime have a nice beemer to play with -- what a deal!

I talked about it HERE. Today I put down a deposit on Titanium Silver Metallic, Premium Package, Sport Package. MSRP, no ADM.

If prices on Shelbys drop like a rock I just might kick myself.

sounds like a pretty nice car. BUT a couple years from now when the Shelby's are down to MSRP your bimmer will be worth 1/2 what you paid.. 5 years from now It will be worth not a whole bunch and the Shelby will be worth?????????

sounds like a pretty nice car. BUT a couple years from now when the Shelby's are down to MSRP your bimmer will be worth 1/2 what you paid.. 5 years from now It will be worth not a whole bunch and the Shelby will be worth?????????

ha, the "Shelby's" value will drop just as much as the ol' Beemer - if not more.

If I buy a Shelby today for say.... $60,000 on EBay or at my favorite Ford dealer, in 5 years it will be worth ~$18,000.

Interestingly enough, if I buy a Shelby today for say .... $45,000 on EBay or at my favorite Ford dealer, in 5 years it will be worth ~$18,000.

Congrats Lawdude! I'd love to see some pics. :)

I'm of the group who couldn't afford a Shelby anyhow, so I had to work with what I have. After two years of working towards the goal, the car finally runs (and runs surprising well!). It's a '95 GT that I bought brand new. We just put a 351W in it, and if I get 400 RWHP, I'll never ask for another thing so long as I live (well that's not ENTIRELY true).

But anyhow, congrats on your purchase! Drive it like you stole it!

ha, the "Shelby's" value will drop just as much as the ol' Beemer - if not more.

If I buy a Shelby today for say.... $60,000 on EBay or at my favorite Ford dealer, in 5 years it will be worth ~$18,000.

Interestingly enough, if I buy a Shelby today for say .... $45,000 on EBay or at my favorite Ford dealer, in 5 years it will be worth ~$18,000.

Only time will tell, I've been offered $18,000 for my 96 Vert. and its not a Shelby....

It's only worth $$$ to the person who wants it, and believe me alot of people want it.

This is even before anyone knows it's out.... I've spoken to gen. car enthusiasts and

they didn't know that Shelby had another car in the works, not to mention the look

on their face when I say "I should be getting mine any day now"------"YES 500HP" :eek5:

Little Beemer can get around the turns - and smoke 'em on exit!

Careful, lawdude! :shift:

More torque than a current M3 - 300 lb/ft beginning at 1400 rpms all the way to 5000 rpms.

I won't mod it and I sure won't be crazy enough to challenge a Shelby. :)

Lawdude,

A little something for you to drool over while your waiting for your car. :shift:

Lawdude:

Nice looking car at least they are smart enough to paint the mirrors the same colour as the car . Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Archived