TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GGT (Gas Guzzler Tax) Formula

With the new fuel mileage standards coming out for 2008, are the GGT calculations being updated? If not, GGT will hit harder on performance models (Shelby GT, GT500, etc.) than they did in 2007, and I am guessing that even the "lowly" Mustang GT will then be hit. Anyone heard how this change will be handled?

So it's been a week and no responses.... Based upon this, I trust the everyone else is as in the dark as to how the new 2008 factory mpg estimates will affect the gas guzzler tax applied to the new 2008 cars.

Is there anyone at Shelby (Amy, John?) that could comment on this? With the new 2008 cars right around the corner, this issue has the potential to increase the cost of an otherwise-identical-to-2007 model, thereby reducing the demand (remember ECON 101?) for such cars. I have to think that someone somewhere has thought this thing through.

If prices are going up for 2008, I'm guessing that there are people out there that will want to take this into account when considering a 2007 purchase.

So it's been a week and no responses.... Based upon this, I trust the everyone else is as in the dark as to how the new 2008 factory mpg estimates will affect the gas guzzler tax applied to the new 2008 cars.

Is there anyone at Shelby (Amy, John?) that could comment on this? With the new 2008 cars right around the corner, this issue has the potential to increase the cost of an otherwise-identical-to-2007 model, thereby reducing the demand (remember ECON 101?) for such cars. I have to think that someone somewhere has thought this thing through.

If prices are going up for 2008, I'm guessing that there are people out there that will want to take this into account when considering a 2007 purchase.

I read on one of the web-sites it's going up for the 08 Shelby models. Haven't heard anything official, but I also believe that many cars and SUV's will also be charged on 08 models.

Archived