TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When will we know whether there will be an 08 Shelby GT

AFBLUE

I know you probably can't say whether there will be an 08 Shelby GT, but can you tell us when we will know if there will be one?

Here's hoping for Vista Blue in 08 :D

Thanks

Thinking, if there is, it will be a convertible like the new Hertz perhaps. That will keep the coupes the 07 run and the convertible the 08 run.

MAYBE!?!?!

I think as a practical matter it may come down to whether the SAI team has the manufacturing capacity to match the commitments for all of the newly announced models with another round ('08) of SGTs. I do agree that if they do not repeat the SGT coupe in '08, then logically they may do SGT convertibles for '08; but looking at all they have on their plate, capacity could come into play. Mine is still en route to SAI. (sigh.)

I think as a practical matter it may come down to whether the SAI team has the manufacturing capacity to match the commitments for all of the newly announced models with another round ('08) of SGTs. I do agree that if they do not repeat the SGT coupe in '08, then logically they may do SGT convertibles for '08; but looking at all they have on their plate, capacity could come into play. Mine is still en route to SAI. (sigh.)

I'm thinking, if this were to happen, that it would be a Jan production start. Get the 1000 KRs and the 500 GTH's done Q4 and ramp up on SGTs Q1 & early Q2.

Mine is as well...has been since March 9th. Yours?

Twice daily? I check twice an hour.......obsessed? no? I used to check 50 times an hour....but I am in recovery now..........see below signature......get in line! :huh:

OMG! It took two months to get to SAI? My great interest rate is only good for 90 days!

Using your timeline that means my car won't arrive at SAI until late April and with the mods this will mean I'll see the car sometime in what late July? Sorry but 20-24 weeks from order to receipt is not at all what I was led to believe.

I hope your wrong or the issues have been resolved. When the program was rolled out Ford estimated, "The delivery time will vary based on logistical factors, estimated 6-8 weeks from AAI gate release through delivery to the dealer." it took your car 6 weeks just to reach SAI forget the standard SGT conversion and then on to the dealer.

Ugh....

:angry:

I ordered the SGT on 1/25/07, informed by dealer that as of today they have still NOT received a VIN # from Ford, but he claims I am not too worry, car will be delivered, and this is the largest Ford dealer in my area. I have very little confidence in them at this stage.

I ordered the SGT on 1/25/07, informed by dealer that as of today they have still NOT received a VIN # from Ford, but he claims I am not too worry, car will be delivered, and this is the largest Ford dealer in my area. I have very little confidence in them at this stage.

Oilman, your issue is different and sounds VERY suspicious. It may be that the "largest Ford dealer in your area" doesn't have allocation (perhaps used the first one they got) and is hoping something shakes loose on the next go around based upon their percentage of national mustang sales.

I would ask the salesperson what your car's status is in CONCEPS and if it says "Clean/Unscheduled" start looking elsewhere. Don't get fooled by talk about "priority" that doesn't factor into the SGT unless there are multiple on order by this dealer. Priority is a dealer set value and nothing to do with something Ford is doing externally.

Anyone else notice that every time this "keep'um on a leash" practice comes up, and I call it out, the dealers that post here go silent? Where is Jason at Tower Ford when I need him?

:mellow:

Thanks MattChicago, dealer tells me he has to check again on Thursday to see if car assigned VIN #, whatever relevance Thurs. has. I have gut feeling that just what you mentioned happened, dealer sold out his original allocation, and is banking on a vehicle popping up. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he sold me car at MSRP? Thanks again.

Thanks MattChicago, dealer tells me he has to check again on Thursday to see if car assigned VIN #, whatever relevance Thurs. has. I have gut feeling that just what you mentioned happened, dealer sold out his original allocation, and is banking on a vehicle popping up. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he sold me car at MSRP? Thanks again.

Well..to be fair on Thursday, or late Wed night, the system is updated so...keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks AGAIN! Anyone know of any automatics available yet, only see sticks?

There is an Auto (black) going to Bredemann Ford in Glenview IL. VIN# 1ZVHT82H775299735, has IUP and and DVD Nav and Sirius. It's about a 42K MSRP. Showing arrived at SAI. They were asking a crazy 10K ADM so I passed them by and got my car at MSRP down the road. Ask for Ira Schreiber (847) 510-5333, maybe he's gotten smart!

Good luck!

There is an Auto (black) going to Bredemann Ford in Glenview IL. VIN# 1ZVHT82H775299735, has IUP and and DVD Nav and Sirius. It's about a 42K MSRP. Showing arrived at SAI. They were asking a crazy 10K ADM so I passed them by and got my car at MSRP down the road. Ask for Ira Schreiber (847) 510-5333, maybe he's gotten smart!

Good luck!

He's expecting your call! I warned him about the ADM...be interested to see what they come back with now.

Gentlemen,

Last weekend there was a black shelby at Buss Ford in Mchenry Illinois...they were asking $50k if interested. Steve

i told matt in another post the i have 3 sgt with VINs, i think i can still change them to suite an order. dont know if i can change from manual to auto? i dont have a problem trying for anyone that interested.

and i think matt was the one who said the the system updates on thursday or wed night. that is correct, kinda. the system updates every night. but units are pulled on wed. nights. so if i need to order a unit i must have it in by wed afternoon or wait until the next week to get it pulled.

thanks

michael morris

Wayne Morris Ford

Mike/Morris Ford- I'm going to give my dealer till Thurs. to see if he comes up with a VIN, if not, and no others{auto] closer to me, may be in touch. Is the lack of the autos because everyone is ordering sticks first. What happened to every other order being an auto?

Good luck!

He's expecting your call! I warned him about the ADM...be interested to see what they come back with now.

Matt:

Arn't we kind of getting off the beaten path here? This thread concerns "Will there be a Shelby Gt in 08? It starting to look like a "Cars for sale" section. Maybe someone should start a new thread for GT's for sale.

Matt:

Arn't we kind of getting off the beaten path here? This thread concerns "Will there be a Shelby Gt in 08? It starting to look like a "Cars for sale" section. Maybe someone should start a new thread for GT's for sale.

Awww...the beauty of conversation in unmoderated discussion forums!

Sure! Why don't you start one! I'm not selling cars just trying to help someone out...if it's in the right thread or not is of little concern to me...gawd knows there are enough threads in here...many topics used more than once!

The real key is to create new threads, as I suggested a few weeks ago, one of which was cars for sale, that are pinned to the top. SAI did pin the thread for John but so far seems reluctant to do more.

Humm...maybe we should start a "thread" thread?

;)

Thanks for the redirect Red Line.

Back to my original questions on the 2008 Shelby GT.

AmyB answered them over at TMS.

TMS: Will there be a Shelby GT in 2008?

AB: Possibly. We are working with Ford on it. Look for additional colors.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63163

She has previously expressed her love of Vista Blue with Silver stripes so who knows? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...blue#post792574

Thanks for the redirect Red Line.

Back to my original questions on the 2008 Shelby GT.

AmyB answered them over at TMS.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63163

She has previously expressed her love of Vista Blue with Silver stripes so who knows? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...blue#post792574

Humm....not so sure how I feel about this. I do hope, if they choose to do the coupe again, or the vert for that matter, that they really get a better program together. I'm sure that SAI, having scaled their business for this, needs to get another good contract from Ford. The KR and the Hertz deal are only good for 500 cars each which at SGT production is a month. That's not going to cut it for SAI for all of 08' so I wish them luck!

I will be selfish and hope 08' is just the vert but hey...if this keeps getting delayed I might just let my $500 deposit go and wait for an 08'!

Archived