TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN, Museum Delivery

douglas483

I ordered my SGT on Jan 25, 2007. Twice a week I bug my salesman, and he says no VIN yet.

How do I get the VIN and how do I get more info about the Museum Delivery @ $500 that is mentioned

in the Motor Trend test drive in the new issue of the magazine?

Here we go again!

I hate to be the messenger of bad news but you can add your name to the many who have been duped by their local dealer into ordering a car they do not have allocation for. There are no commodity constraints right now so I suspect if you ask your dealer for the status of your order, if he tells you, will be "Clean/Unscheduled' meaning there is nothing wrong with the order but it is awaiting allocation. What your dealer has done is take your money (deposit) and kept you on a leash while they await another allocation to open up. It may, or it may not. it's going to get harder and harder to find a dealer with an allocation that hasn't already placed an order even to sell out off the floor. The order 07 books are closing in a few weeks and that will be that!

In my case, knowing this little game some dealers play specifically asked the dealers I talked to if they had allocation. No allocation, no deal. I ordered my car on Feb 15th. I had a VIN about 6 days later my car was built the week of March 9th and it's someplace between MI and NV.

I would call your dealer and asked to speak to the sales manager. Specifically ask if they have allocation and what the status of your car is. I would asked him if it's coming up "Clean/Unscheduled"! He'll at least know you know something about how this all works.

If I am right, and I hope I'm not, then I would get my money back and start dialing for someone with an allocation ASAP! Also look at ebay, there are some dealers there that seem honest and willing to sell a 1-2K over MSRP, and if you look in the forums here you'll see there are some willing to sell MSRP.

Either way don't wait! The opportunity is closing fast!

Good luck!

Douglas,

Don't worry too much about Matt's post. There are several of our members who had to wait six or eight weeks to get a VIN. I was flamed last time this discussion went around when I wrote that it seems the VINs are released in bunches. It happened when ordering opened, we waited about three or four weeks for the first VINs and then a bunch of us got them on the same day. It has happened a couple of times since, the last was a couple of weeks ago. A bunch of people got their VINs at the same time.

Yes, you should talk with your salesperson and make sure that they have taken a deposit on a car they are actually located. Ask them if they have sold their first car. If they have ask if you can see documentation that you car is allocated. I don't think every Ford dealer in America are liars.

As for the Museum delivery. Call SAI, their number is on the contact page and ask fow John Walker. Basically, $500 will get you a Friday tour of the Museum, Factory, and a $40K token of your visit.

Welcome to the board.

Douglas,

Don't worry too much about Matt's post. There are several of our members who had to wait six or eight weeks to get a VIN. I was flamed last time this discussion went around when I wrote that it seems the VINs are released in bunches. It happened when ordering opened, we waited about three or four weeks for the first VINs and then a bunch of us got them on the same day. It has happened a couple of times since, the last was a couple of weeks ago. A bunch of people got their VINs at the same time.

Welcome to the board.

Yes, people waited because the dealer DID NOT have allocation. Back then you could afford to wait it out, there was time to see if something came loose. That's not the case now. The last day to order an 07 is fast approaching.

Yes, people waited because the dealer DID NOT have allocation. Back then you could afford to wait it out, there was time to see if something came loose. That's not the case now. The last day to order an 07 is fast approaching.

unfortunally your right, you have tocheck withthe dealer onallocation and they are firm on it ,if there allowcation is 3 and your on a list at 4 look for another dealer

unfortunally your right, you have tocheck withthe dealer onallocation and they are firm on it ,if there allowcation is 3 and your on a list at 4 look for another dealer

Why not just buy one from a dealer on ebay at MSRP???

Why not just buy one from a dealer on ebay at MSRP???

That may be all that's left to do. The issue is people then can't order the car they want, unless they get lucky and find one. Second, if you want museum delivery and it's already at the dealer, you're out of luck, as you are with any SAI mods. So while you're right, for some the desire to order their own for these reasons are important.

Archived