TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR

Well here we go again. Does anyone want to speculate on how much the GT500KR is going to cost and how much ADM will be added to the purchase price?

Also I wonder how many each dealer will get and color options. Anyone that cares to chime in, give it a go.

Amy do you know how Ford will allocate the cars to dealers from the modification at SAI?

GG

Has any one (other than me) noticed all of the 2007 GT500's being posted on ebay in the last couple of weeks? One thing for sure, when the 08's are unveiled, like maybe today on Barrett-Jackson, the 07 GT500's should get a lot more reasonable. I think some of the dealers are trying to get rid of their stock before the price goes thru the floor.

GT500 prices are dropping quickly- one just sold on ebay @53750, lowest I've seen so far for a brand new dealer car. I would think that the 08s would go for sticker, as this will add another 10000 cars to the market on top of the 6000 Gts. As much as I'd like the GT500, I can not bring myself to paying ANYTHING over sticker. I've never seen anything good come of over sticker for any car.

Well, my additional two cents, since I started this post. What goes around comes around. I agree on the pricing. I will not pay over MSRP for a car. There is already a reasonable profit built into the product by Ford.

You will always be able to get these later after the new wears off and the body style changes. Just my thoughts...

Well, my additional two cents, since I started this post. What goes around comes around. I agree on the pricing. I will not pay over MSRP for a car. There is already a reasonable profit built into the product by Ford.

You will always be able to get these later after the new wears off and the body style changes. Just my thoughts...

My thoughts exactly. I learned long ago not to get in a hurry. I'm guessing that there will be a lot more going for MSRP in a few months. All of the cars I'm watching on ebay are either "0 Bids" or "Reserve Not Met". The debut of the KR will make the difference.

Well here we go again. Does anyone want to speculate on how much the GT500KR is going to cost and how much ADM will be added to the purchase price?

Also I wonder how many each dealer will get and color options. Anyone that cares to chime in, give it a go.

Amy do you know how Ford will allocate the cars to dealers from the modification at SAI?

GG

Does anyone know how the dealer allocation will be detirmed for the 2008 Shelby500KR? Will it be detirmined by 2007 Mustang Sales? Maybe Ford could hold a silent auction open to all dealers with the highest 1000 bidders getting the cars....or maybe they could throw all the dealers names in a hat and have 1000 winners. Then the winners could auction their rights to the car off on ebay....EVERYONE will be happy in the end EXCEPT the poor bast... that has to pony up (no pun intended) for the finished car.

Now wasn't that easy to solve!

copy and paste from the article listed above:

Recently appointed SVT boss Hermann Salenbauch says 1000 GT500KRs will be built starting in spring 2008, with Shelby Automobiles Inc. in Las Vegas doing final assembly. That's not nearly enough cars for every Ford dealer to get one. And as of today Ford doesn't know yet how those cars will be allocated. We've done lotteries in the past, Salenbauch says, and we've done [allocation] based on Mustang sales. We'll figure it out.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.........this will surely be a rich man's game.

Archived