TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 "Red Rocket"

goesfast

My Ford salesman called me today to inform me that he received a sales promo card on a limited edition 2007 GT500 "Red Rocket" Shelby. It somes in either black or white only with special red/black interior, special wheels, fuel filler cap, red side and LeMans stripes, and some other show goodies. I don't know how many they're making, but it adds $1995 to the price. Orders must be booked before May1st.

Anyone else hear of this?

• 2 weeks later...

My Ford salesman called me today to inform me that he received a sales promo card on a limited edition 2007 GT500 "Red Rocket" Shelby. It somes in either black or white only with special red/black interior, special wheels, fuel filler cap, red side and LeMans stripes, and some other show goodies. I don't know how many they're making, but it adds $1995 to the price. Orders must be booked before May1st.

Anyone else hear of this?

dont know if this worked, tried to add pics of the red striped shelbys

michael

michael

nope didnt work

michael

nope didnt work

I wonder what my Alloy with red stripes would look like? I love the red stripes. So much for me keeping mine original. Don't care for the interior, but the exterior is wicked HOT!!!!

post-2868-1139750887_thumb.jpg

NEW VEHICLE PACKAGE OFFERING

Mustang Shelby GT 500

Subject

New Red Stripe Appearance Package option now available on 2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 coupe. This option available to all U.S. dealers at free demand for limited time. Attachment I: 2007 Shelby GT500 Red Hero Card.

Summary

'07MY Mustang Shelby GT 500 Coupe Red Stripe Appearance Package

Order Codes 54R + 31S + D95

$1,650 MSRP

07 Shelby GT 500 coupe (T88 body) orders

Eligible Units

Body Code:

Order Code:

2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 coupe ordered with:

White (HP) or Black (UA) Exterior Color

Black & Red Leather Interior (GR)

Red Stripe Option Code (54R)

31S & D95 Ship-Thru Codes

T88

820A

Package Contents

Red Stripe Appearance Package Includes:

Bright RED Top & Side Stripes

Red and Black Leather Interior

Unique, RED Exterior Badges:

- Fender Cobras

- Grille Cobra

- Faux Gas Cap

- "SHELBY" Deck Lid

Unique NEW Premium Carpeted Floor Mats – Ebony Carpet with Red and Silver Embroidered 'Cobra Snake'

Shelby GT500 Car Cover

Order Timing Information

Available in CONCEPS From: 4/02/07

To: Remainder of '07 Model Year

Production to begin on 05/07/07 and end at '07MY Job Last

Package at free demand during above production period

I wonder what my Alloy with red stripes would look like? I love the red stripes. So much for me keeping mine original. Don't care for the interior, but the exterior is wicked HOT!!!!

post-2868-1139750887_thumb.jpg

thanks for finding the pic, i couldnt get it to load. not a black car fan, but that red stripes look awesome on that car.

michael

I do like that black with red stripes...very nice! I had added more of a cranberry red stripe on my wife's White GT vert. So the White with the red probably looks hot too.

2006stang24.jpg

That is a great color combo on your wife's pony. They must look great together in your driveway side by side.

harry,

i went to your website, looks real nice. seems like we have the same taste in rides. i have 2 hurst olds, you know you have to have both color combos and i have a 86 regal GN with 35k. plus a few old fords. just nice to see some folks post there old car pics.

thanks for the peak

michael

just had to tell someone who cared. we are a small dealer. we are only going to get one GT500 a year, well when the red stripe package came out i called to try and beg for another GT500. the zone manager said it was above her head and she couldnt help. so NO red striped GT500 for me.

now the good news. the zone mgr just called and we have been allocated another GT500 for 07. thats right folks im ordering a black with red stripes. of course the car is for sale but i just wanted one on the floor to look at. im car crazy so i shouldnt be in the car buisness

had to tell someone, so i told my 5k close friends

thanks

michael

just had to tell someone who cared. we are a small dealer. we are only going to get one GT500 a year, well when the red stripe package came out i called to try and beg for another GT500. the zone manager said it was above her head and she couldnt help. so NO red striped GT500 for me.

now the good news. the zone mgr just called and we have been allocated another GT500 for 07. thats right folks im ordering a black with red stripes. of course the car is for sale but i just wanted one on the floor to look at. im car crazy so i shouldnt be in the car buisness

had to tell someone, so i told my 5k close friends

thanks

michael

"Production to begin on 05/07/07 and end at '07MY Job Last

Package at free demand during above production period"[/color]

What does package at free demand mean? Can a dealer order as many of these as he wants during this time frame or just from his original allocation amount??

"Production to begin on 05/07/07 and end at '07MY Job Last

Package at free demand during above production period"[/color]

What does package at free demand mean? Can a dealer order as many of these as he wants during this time frame or just from his original allocation amount??

IF a dealer has allocation for a GT500, then he can order it with the red stripes. IF he has already used his allocation for the year then he cant get one. free demand means that every GT500 built from hear until the end of the production run could have red stripes, but that wont happen. you still have cars that are presold and are ordered a certain way.

thanks

michael

IF a dealer has allocation for a GT500, then he can order it with the red stripes. IF he has already used his allocation for the year then he cant get one. free demand means that every GT500 built from hear until the end of the production run could have red stripes, but that wont happen. you still have cars that are presold and are ordered a certain way.

thanks

michael

Michael,

I have located a dealer with an allocation for a black GT 500 with the red stripe option. What do you think a reasonable sale price would be based on what you know with the 08's coming down the pipe. I'm going to be shown the DORA.

Your best guess at ADM and what you think.

Glenn

Michael,

I have located a dealer with an allocation for a black GT 500 with the red stripe option. What do you think a reasonable sale price would be based on what you know with the 08's coming down the pipe. I'm going to be shown the DORA.

Your best guess at ADM and what you think.

Glenn

wow that a good question.

i think that the red stripe might be kinda hard to come by. i dont think being late 07 is going to hurt the car, because of the speciality of the package. i sold a orange with gray ( the one in my avatar) to a collector. he has 24 GT500 (07). i emailed him and told him about this car. i think this car might still bring 15k or more over MSRP, but please understand that this is just a guess. my luck when it gets here they will be bringing 200 over COST. my black with red is NOT sold, please let me know if you interested. i really would like to know what the dealer your talking to is thinking how much his car is going to bring. dont forget im a car salesman, ill look at any reasonable offer. im not greedy.

let me know what you come up with

michael morris

wayne morris ford

wow that a good question.

i think that the red stripe might be kinda hard to come by. i dont think being late 07 is going to hurt the car, because of the speciality of the package. i sold a orange with gray ( the one in my avatar) to a collector. he has 24 GT500 (07). i emailed him and told him about this car. i think this car might still bring 15k or more over MSRP, but please understand that this is just a guess. my luck when it gets here they will be bringing 200 over COST. my black with red is NOT sold, please let me know if you interested. i really would like to know what the dealer your talking to is thinking how much his car is going to bring. dont forget im a car salesman, ill look at any reasonable offer. im not greedy.

let me know what you come up with

michael morris

wayne morris ford

I'll know more when I look at the DORA and see the equipment list, I forgot to ask if they are available in convertable. In any event I have also noted many dealers that stated their allocation for 07 are up for the year as did my dealer two weeks ago. I am now seeing posts like yours and my dealer that states zone reps are calling asking if they want another in this crimson red package.

PM me your best deal with no trade, but as a consumer I have a hard time paying over MSRP as I believe there is enough profit built into the sale of these cars. The Shelby Mustang bottom has fallen out due to the number being produced and I suspect there will be a Shelby Mustang Convertable after the Hertz GT H Mustangs get built in 08.

We're looking at another 8,000 GT 500's in 08 so there should be enough to go around.

From a dealers point of view, whats going on with this car late in the build year with 4-6 weeks to go??????

Your building some really good credibility on this forum, keep up the posts. This purchase will be my final mid life crisis purchase prior to retirement and I'm done. Been fooling with Mustangs since 1969.

Shoot me a price.

Glenn

i understand the MSRP thing. it has been discussed to death on the forums. i have been right in the middle of most of them. with that said, i think the car is still going to bring 15k or more over sticker. so if your thinking MSRP, then im no use to you. its one of those cars that we can make money on, unlike most that we sale next to nothing so that we get the chance at a shelby. what a crazy job i have.

but like i said earlier just depends on what there doing when this car gets here. if the market wont support 15k over then the car will sale for less. on the Ford dealer site dealers are still paying 10-12k over to other dealers. i guess im going to have to hope that there is a big demand for the red striped cars. only going to make them for less than a month and most dealers already have filled there allocation.

Good luck on finding a car for what you want to pay for it, if i can help in anyway please let me know. i really mean that about finding a car for the price you want to pay. if we hadnt recieved our GT500 last month we might have lost money, the car really saved us.

and for the record there only about 3k markup in the GT500

Archived