TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Production car?

dqron

Once I found out the GT500KR was coming out I have made several phone calls and emails.

A Shebly dealer emailed back and said the KR'S will be done by Shelby Auto.

If that's the case why would Ford's press release say only 1000 will be produced?

I emailed Ford Corp. and told them I put money down for a GT500 in March of 2006 for

a 2008, but would rather wait another year for the KR and they directed me to the SVT web site,

which does not have a email contact. So I am confused!

Once I found out the GT500KR was coming out I have made several phone calls and emails.

A Shebly dealer emailed back and said the KR'S will be done by Shelby Auto.

If that's the case why would Ford's press release say only 1000 will be produced?

I emailed Ford Corp. and told them I put money down for a GT500 in March of 2006 for

a 2008, but would rather wait another year for the KR and they directed me to the SVT web site,

which does not have a email contact. So I am confused!

I would say it's a Shelby-modified car, hence the low production number. You can call SVT, but I'm sure they'll tell you the same. The basis for it is very similar to what Shelby did with the Shelby GT. Hope you get one!

I would say it's a Shelby-modified car, hence the low production number. You can call SVT, but I'm sure they'll tell you the same. The basis for it is very similar to what Shelby did with the Shelby GT. Hope you get one!

I spoke with a Shelby dealer yesterday. They can't say much until mid April. But did tell me I could get the transformation done with him, so I had to put down a $500 deposit. I'm flying to Vegas next month to tour the plant. So they are not all being done in Vegas, each Shelby dealers can do the transformation also.

Thanks for the reply

So what is the ballpark cost to purchase one of these? I will go to my dealer today and put down money for one if they are somewhat reason able...Or just let your shelby dealer know you know of another person interested in one, and they can contact me.......maybe you would get a finder's fee......hehehehe

So what is the ballpark cost to purchase one of these? I will go to my dealer today and put down money for one if they are somewhat reason able...Or just let your shelby dealer know you know of another person interested in one, and they can contact me.......maybe you would get a finder's fee......hehehehe

I have no idea what the final cost will be. I'm guessing 43-48 for the GT500 and anywhere from 10-20 for the conversion, but I have know idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, The GT500KR will be done just as the Shelby GT is being done.

This car will be sold solely through Ford Dealerships. We will be building 1000 of these units. You will have to oder it from Ford. The car will be built in Flatrock by Ford and then drop shipped to Shelby for the KR Upfit. The car will be shipped to Shelby by rail and we will add the KR package to it and ship it directly to the ordering dealer. Ford will decide what dealerships will be allocated the car.

We do not know what the MSRP will be yet.

-John

Thanks John

us dealers will take a deposit on anything, we dont care if we can get the car or not. glad you saved some folks some deposit money. by the way i dont take money if i cant get them a car. Im a Good Ford dealer.

now with that said, john make sure i get one of thoses KRs. LOL

thanks for the info

michael

Guys, The GT500KR will be done just as the Shelby GT is being done.

This car will be sold solely through Ford Dealerships. We will be building 1000 of these units. You will have to oder it from Ford. The car will be built in Flatrock by Ford and then drop shipped to Shelby for the KR Upfit. The car will be shipped to Shelby by rail and we will add the KR package to it and ship it directly to the ordering dealer. Ford will decide what dealerships will be allocated the car.

We do not know what the MSRP will be yet.

-John

Although if you go to stangsunleashed theres a video of Carroll and Amy, from the N.Y. auto show and Carroll does say that he did'nt sign off on 1,000 unit's in the video, it can be more..... :)

Archived