TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood pins rusting

boggs47

I noticed the other day that my hood pins are starting to rust. Is anyone else having a problem with this? I drive my car daily, but is garage kept. I have only had them on for six months. I remember there being a problem with the GTH pins rusting, but I thought they had that resolved.

I noticed the other day that my hood pins are starting to rust. Is anyone else having a problem with this? I drive my car daily, but is garage kept. I have only had them on for six months. I remember there being a problem with the GTH pins rusting, but I thought they had that resolved.

Phew! I was just going to order those but the site is down.................I can think twice(3 times) on this one now.

Phew! I was just going to order those but the site is down.................I can think twice(3 times) on this one now.

I had the same problem. I live near the ocean and the salt in the air makes them rust. I was emailed scott drake and in a couple of weeks, I was able to get a new pair. They said that the only thing to do is clear coat them. That is why I havent drilled the holes in my CS 6 hood yet.

s3000131su0.jpg

I thought I just got a defective pair...

• 5 months later...

I thought stainless does not rust???????

stainless is rust resistant, not rust proof. You may wish to consider a product from Boeing call Bo-Shield. You can immerse products in salt water and they will not rust. It comes in a spray can. you could spray on a rag and wipe the pins with this rather than spraying on the hood.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody having problems with the hood pin locking circular locking springs. :huh: Mine keep popping out of the little holes on the actual hood pin !! Shelby parts said that they are aware of the problem, If you try to force the spring back in the little holes you might scratch your hood.. Dont do it on the car !!! :o .. take them off , I tried all different fixes.. spreading them ,, bending them , nothing works !!! <_< Another piece of crap product on a SHELBY .. Carroll what the f#%k i s going on

Along with the rusting..which is now starting to happen on a second pair, the pins do keep poping out. Best part is that it came out when I was driving on the highway and didn't know, which then caused a nice scratch on my car. :angry: I was thinking of trying these bulliet ones they came out with. Is it true that the bulliet ones will not rust...

Is anybody having problems with the hood pin locking circular locking springs. :huh: Mine keep popping out of the little holes on the actual hood pin !! Shelby parts said that they are aware of the problem, If you try to force the spring back in the little holes you might scratch your hood.. Dont do it on the car !!! :o .. take them off , I tried all different fixes.. spreading them ,, bending them , nothing works !!! <_< Another piece of crap product on a SHELBY .. Carroll what the f#%k i s going on

Will they send you a replacement pin?

call shelby performance parts, these are the hood pins that were made for years, we have made a new set that are all stainless steels, no rusting issues

Amy

Archived