TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI! GT500KR Coming in 2008!

MattInDetroit

.....it is all obviously speculation but don't count on the GT350. I read there is two catalog spots for Shelby at the New York Auto show. And I have seen that the GT500KR will be unveiled and that the #1 GT-H convertible will be at Barret Jackson this weekend. I would expect they will have one of those at New York also. I can't see them producing three new models at once.....but agin it is all just speculation.

.....it is all obviously speculation but don't count on the GT350. I read there is two catalog spots for Shelby at the New York Auto show. And I have seen that the GT500KR will be unveiled and that the #1 GT-H convertible will be at Barret Jackson this weekend. I would expect they will have one of those at New York also. I can't see them producing three new models at once.....but agin it is all just speculation.

From the Ford PR Release:

"Unwilling to wait for the impending pony car war to heat up, Ford is extending Mustang’s leadership position by feeding the enthusiast demand for more models, features, performance parts, and special editions. Ford has committed to at least one new Mustang ‘feature’ vehicle per year. For 2007, it is the Shelby GT, and for 2008, there will be at least two including the Shelby GT500KR and the previously announced Mustang Bullitt."

I read this to say no Shelby GT in 2008 and no GT 350. However it does say "at least" so there is wiggle room if the market demand is there for more.

Hmmmmmmm ......I wonder if those Carroll Signature headrest will be available? They would look nice in our cars.

Also are they being build in Michigan only ?

or

Are they going to Las Vegas to get the CSM dash plate and mods?

The article mentioned 1000 being built........can you say ADM ? B)

....Again, speculation but I think the KR will be finished at SAI much like the Shelby GT and GT-H. My reasoning, the GT500 was never announced on the home page of this site and hasn't shown up in the vehicle page. The GT-H and the Shelby GT were announced on this site in conjuction with Ford.

Also, I think there is going to be a GT-H convertible this year. Unless it's the SEMA car they are selling at Barret Jackson in Palm Beach this weekend.

DON'T THINK CARROLL AND AMY THINK THE ONLY THING THEY CAN DO IS MUSTANGS.

THEY HAVE GREAT MINDS THAT WILL GO MUCH FURTHER THAN THAT.

NEW FORD COBRA? (NOTICE THE NAME IS NO LONGER IN USE)

REMEMBER SHELBY BUILT A CONCEPT GR1 (FORD HAD THAT SHOW UP IN A NEW TV COMMERCIAL)

VIPER'S (SORRY I LOVE HIGH PERFORMANCE NOT JUST FORDS)

THIS IS WHAT MAKES THIS TIME SO EXCITING THE MUSCLECAR THING IS BACK AND WELL.

NOT THAT I GOT A CHANCE TO LIVE IT FIRST TIME AROUND I ONLY 42.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE OF THIS GET TO THE TRACK. HOW EXCITING WOULD THAT BE TO SEE SHELBY HAVE A RACE TEAM. :D :D

Amen....let the specualtion finally end.....we got one and the rest of the world is left out......

na na na na na na na na :rolleyes:

But wait, there will only b 1000 KR's...what will Amy do with that wonderful facility up and running and no production run to fill?........the GT500 isnt built in Vegas.....will the KR be? ....what about aShelby GT350 for the next generation Mustang for like 2009 or 2010? ,....but wait with the oil prices situation, maybe 2011 will be like 1972...and muscle cars will go away.....but wait....what if........I can do this all day.......lol.

:o :rolleyes: :huh: :lol:

good point

Amen....let the specualtion finally end.....we got one and the rest of the world is left out......

na na na na na na na na :rolleyes:

But wait, there will only b 1000 KR's...what will Amy do with that wonderful facility up and running and no production run to fill?........the GT500 isnt built in Vegas.....will the KR be? ....what about aShelby GT350 for the next generation Mustang for like 2009 or 2010? ,....but wait with the oil prices situation, maybe 2011 will be like 1972...and muscle cars will go away.....but wait....what if........I can do this all day.......lol.

:o :rolleyes: :huh: :lol:

good point

The car will be built in Flat Rock with the rest of the GT500 and the KR's are going to be shipped to Vegas to be turned into the KR by Shelby from another article I read earlier today.

Tune in to Barrett Jackson tomorrow. I heard earlier that Carroll is unveiling the new car Saturday. All they said tonite was that it will be a 500 run production. Also, anyone noticed all of the GT500's that have suddenly shown up on ebay? In the last couple of weeks the number has jumped thru the roof. I wonder what that will do to ADM's in the near future. Stay tuned.

I read an article last night and it is just speculation, but they figure the first one will be sold at barrett-jackson, and pratt will probably buy it for 600k or so, then when the rest of em do come up for sale, dollar amounts seem to be, if you can afford one from ebay, $175k......

I read an article last night and it is just speculation, but they figure the first one will be sold at barrett-jackson, and pratt will probably buy it for 600k or so, then when the rest of em do come up for sale, dollar amounts seem to be, if you can afford one from ebay, $175k......

Does anyone know how the dealer allocation will be detirmed for the 2008 Shelby500KR? Will it be detirmined by 2007 Mustang Sales? Maybe Ford could hold a silent auction open to all dealers with the highest 1000 bidders getting the cars....or maybe they could throw all the dealers names in a hat and have 1000 winners. Then the winners could auction their rights to the car off on ebay....EVERYONE will be happy in the end EXCEPT the poor bast... that has to pony up (no pun intended) for the finished car.

Now wasn't that easy to solve! :)

Archived