TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby's Paxton Supercharger

savage1969

Has anyone received their GT with an SAI installed blower? I did not since I bought off the showroom floor, but seriously considering contracting a hauler to deliver mine back to SAI and have them knock it out. I have never driven a blown 4.6 and curious of everyone's opinions.

Have a good one.

Savage, there are lots of discussions about the S/C on this forum. Probably best to do a search while you're waiting for people to add more to this thread.

There is also a discussion about one 21 year old guy thinking of driving his car to SAI for some mods too - would be a great adventure.

Good luck with your decision - can't go wrong either way.

Savage, there are lots of discussions about the S/C on this forum. Probably best to do a search while you're waiting for people to add more to this thread.

There is also a discussion about one 21 year old guy thinking of driving his car to SAI for some mods too - would be a great adventure.

Good luck with your decision - can't go wrong either way.

Im in So. Calif. 3 1/2 hour cruise to vegas. Does anybody know how to go about setting it up to have this installation done if i drive the car there myself? 2 day's 3 day's ect... maybe take a vacation to vegas while waiting for it? :D

Im in So. Calif. 3 1/2 hour cruise to vegas. Does anybody know how to go about setting it up to have this installation done if i drive the car there myself? 2 day's 3 day's ect... maybe take a vacation to vegas while waiting for it? :D

You call shelby ask for john walker. He will walk you thru it

FYI The guy in Vegas you want to talk to is John Walker not John Watson. I'm not sure if I missed it but did the polished superchargers come in yet ? Thanks, Rick

Anyone know if its absolutely nessessary to upgrade the breaks if the S/C is installed. Also, can you put 255 tires on the original 18 " rims? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

64peter

It is reccomended to upgrade the brakes, but not so nessesary if you just drive the car on the street.

I would say it isn't absolutely nessassary but highly recommended. One of the recuuring themes from the GT-H and the Shelby GT is a lack of good braking. I think it was 133 feet from 60-0 in one article. Another article complained of brake fade after one lap.

I would say it isn't absolutely nessassary but highly recommended. One of the recuuring themes from the GT-H and the Shelby GT is a lack of good braking. I think it was 133 feet from 60-0 in one article. Another article complained of brake fade after one lap.

From a road course point of view, Highly recomended which would include a street car that might see a road course now and then. If its a street only car then not really because your only doing a little run of speed once in a while and your not in an enviorment were you are pushing the car road carving wise. On a road course though, like mentioned above, one lap and your going to wish you had upgraded.

From a road course point of view, Highly recomended which would include a street car that might see a road course now and then. If its a street only car then not really because your only doing a little run of speed once in a while and your not in an enviorment were you are pushing the car road carving wise. On a road course though, like mentioned above, one lap and your going to wish you had upgraded.

Anybody have any updates on the Supercharger status such as "are they in yet"? and "when will they be installed"? Keeping updated is a major problem...

Anybody have any updates on the Supercharger status such as "are they in yet"? and "when will they be installed"? Keeping updated is a major problem...

Im wondering if i should wait to see how long the line is going to be for the super charger install or ordering it from SAI and installing it myself? I wanted SAI to do the install but, If there's a huge line?

Im wondering if i should wait to see how long the line is going to be for the super charger install or ordering it from SAI and installing it myself? I wanted SAI to do the install but, If there's a huge line?

Guys. Blowers are IN. WOHOO! There is a line of cars here waiting for the blower, but the ModShop guys looked at my list and anticipate that they will be able to get these done relatively quick. The ModShop is not yet open. It's not anything that we can do, we got it together, now we're waiting on contractors. I will have pics of it when it is done.

Of course, we will be working on SGTs that are here first. BUT, when I get a schedule going from the ModShop, we will be fitting in SGT's that have already been delivered. This is about a 2 day install.

-John

Guys. Blowers are IN. WOHOO! There is a line of cars here waiting for the blower, but the ModShop guys looked at my list and anticipate that they will be able to get these done relatively quick. The ModShop is not yet open. It's not anything that we can do, we got it together, now we're waiting on contractors. I will have pics of it when it is done.

Of course, we will be working on SGTs that are here first. BUT, when I get a schedule going from the ModShop, we will be fitting in SGT's that have already been delivered. This is about a 2 day install.

-John

Good News!!!!!!

How many cars are getting the S/C? Then maybe i can figure how long a wait i have for mine thats already been delivered.

Archived