TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Muffler switch

Just learned that my SGT is in and ready to be picked up. I've been pondering a question and wondered if any of you have thoughts or experience. I'm trading in my 2005 GT with my FRRP axle back muffler (M-5230-5GT). The stock SGT exhaust is the M-5230-GTA muffler. Should I switch my FRRP muffler onto my new SGT or keep it stock. My dealer is concerned that it might throw the tune off, but it seems to me it should be fine- just a little more awesome.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

As you can imagine, it's been a long wait and just a day or two more!!

Just learned that my SGT is in and ready to be picked up. I've been pondering a question and wondered if any of you have thoughts or experience. I'm trading in my 2005 GT with my FRRP axle back muffler (M-5230-5GT). The stock SGT exhaust is the M-5230-GTA muffler. Should I switch my FRRP muffler onto my new SGT or keep it stock. My dealer is concerned that it might throw the tune off, but it seems to me it should be fine- just a little more awesome.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

As you can imagine, it's been a long wait and just a day or two more!!

Do you really think you could stand to see a torch that close to your car? I would suggest keeping it as original as possible. Believe me, I'm dieing for a set of 18" glasspacks.....I'm old school that way.

......doesn't the Shelby GT already ome with the FRPP mufflers?????

Yes and no! It comes with the M-5230-GTA FRPP mufflers, not the M-5230-5GT FRPP mufflers. You can see the difference between the two on the Ford Racing Parts website. I take it the 5GT mufflers are louder because they're only 49 state legal while the GTA mufflers are 50 state legal.

I'm beginning to think I'll swap off the 5GT mufflers, replace them with the OEM mufflers and keep them for possible later use. I need to hear what the stock exhaust on the SGT sounds like for awhile.

I'll let you know!

Archived