TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Documentation

mywickedshelby

OK, I want to make sure I have all the key documentation for my shelby. I ordered it at the dealer and am having it made just the way I want....even a little EXTRA mod at SAI.......it's a dream come true.

I read somewhere on a previous post about the HVBoM, Historical Vehicle Bill of Material. I got the one for my car from the Parts Dept of my dealership just by providing the VIN number. No serial numbers on the parts used, just the complete build option and delete list from Flat Rock.

(The Salesman gave me a big speech about being in the business 30 years and how he never heard of it....thank God, he isnt an air traffic controller I say!). I got it from the Parts Dept at his dealership the next day but havent had the heart to tell him.

Anyway, what other documentation should I make sure I am getting in the process? I hear about things like build sheets and so forth ...but I dont know what that is really? Is it what I already have? Other than making sure my window sticker duznt accidently get thrown in the trash before I pick up the car, what should I ask for?

Help me out here guys....and gals!

Keep every sticker and tag on the car. Take fotos of grease pencil marks , undercarraige and any stamps before you get them dirty, or wipe them off. Any correspondence from your dealer no matter how insignificant. Registration cards, insurance stuff. Literally everything you get, every shred of paper. Ok I know it sounds crazy but once you get rid of somthing its hard to get it back.

I have exactly what TX said, in plastic too. I also have a copy of the receipt from my deposit. And, since I seperately ordered polished aluminum wheels and the tire pressure monitoring system items, I have receipts for that too (although I am now leaning toward the Razors and may return the ones I ordered). I even have copies of the sales rep's and manager's business cards.

Of course, print out all correspondence between youself and Big Johnny W.

I had posted on another topic called "VIN Decoder" another pretty cool thing to have.

Adam

Wicked, the Vehicle Order Confirmation is a typed document that the dealer prints out after they place your order. It looks like it came from a computer print-out from about 20 years ago - before Microsoft Word. This doc is also helpful as it has the dealer code, car code (T82) and your order number. You can use these numbers when calling in the Ford VOPC number to learn the progress of your car as it's being built (see SGT topic "10k over MSRP??" for more info where I and others posted some helpful material).

I lucked out because I also have a print-out of the Veh Order Conf form where my dealer placed my original order but typed my name incorrectly and used the same order number of the GT500 that was sitting on the showroom floor (orange convertible). So now I have the messed up one plus the real (corrected) one. This helps because I want to have every possible piece of documentation too.

There is also a document called "Targeted Product Offering Vehicle Order" form. This also has that Pre-Microsoft Word look to it. I think it is the order form that actually preceeds the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" and it might be hard to get after the fact. Mine has a time and date stamp that is only seconds before the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" form. Call your dealer. Thanks for the info on "Historical Vehicle Bill of Material". Thanks, Rick

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to give an update to the list of documents. In addition to the mentioned HVBoM (which was 8 pages long), I was also able to get an HVBoM Vcis Table Maintenance Screen. Basically, this is a scaled down version of the full HVBoM. It is only 2 pages.

Archived